Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Elite defensive tackle didn't stay unknown for long
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Elite defensive tackle didn't stay unknown for long

Feb 12, 2014, 2:56 PM

Elite defensive tackle didn't stay unknown for long

Four-star defensive tackle Sterling Johnson got a Clemson offer last November, and the offers from some of the bigger programs have been rolling in since that time. What does he say about his visit to Clemson? What does he say about his recruiters? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like we offer then everyone else

Feb 12, 2014, 3:12 PM

Is like What? Who? Oh yeah he was on our radar for a long time we just didn't offer. .....I hope he's with us soon!

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Seems like we offer then everyone else

Feb 12, 2014, 3:33 PM

Saves a lot of scouting work. Just go after whoever Clemson offers.

Re: Seems like we offer then everyone else

Feb 12, 2014, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Seems like we offer then everyone else ]

Yeah thats the norm alright

Don't want to misquote the young man, but...

Feb 12, 2014, 3:19 PM

it seems as though he is saying that he wasn't expecting the overflow of recruiting offers since Clemson was his first. perhaps implying he doesn't see Clemson as an upper tier program? Again, I don't want to put words into his mouth but that was the way I read it. Thoughts?

Re: Don't want to misquote the young man, but...

Feb 12, 2014, 3:28 PM

Yeah it read that way as well but I don't think he was trying to slight Clemson. Hope he will choose to be a Clemson Tiger.

He could also mean that he didn't expect a big school

Feb 12, 2014, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Don't want to misquote the young man, but... ]

like Clemson to be his first offer.

That's how I read it.***

Feb 12, 2014, 7:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2014, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Don't want to misquote the young man, but... ]

The same here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I interpreted it in the opposite.

Feb 12, 2014, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Don't want to misquote the young man, but... ]

It struck me that he was surprised that a top tier program like Clemson was the first to offer him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Don't want to misquote the young man, but... ]

Pretty sure he meant he only had one offer (from us) and then all of a sudden he had a lot of other offers and recruiting ramped up on him quick. That's the way I read it anyway.

Feb 13, 2014, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Don't want to misquote the young man, but... ]

I thought he was just surprised to get any offer that early and especially from Clemson.... but i am as not as negative as some! :)

Feb 13, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Don't want to misquote the young man, but... ]

Sounded to me he was saying that he expected others to lay off after getting the offer from Clemson. Thinking that they could not compete with a program like Clemson, especially with us being his first offer.

Exactly cwby.***

Feb 12, 2014, 3:44 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Many don't consider us at all

Feb 12, 2014, 4:01 PM

I'm afraid. I have been in Florida, now that is not far away at all, and when I was introduced as from SC, the first thing they say is "we're going to beat your a** this year". They were wearing Florida Gator hats. I said we don't play y'all. Then they say they play us every year I must not watch sports. Then I say I pull for Clemson, they say "Who?...why but you're from SC?

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Sounds like you're being introduced to a bunch of

Feb 12, 2014, 4:09 PM

inbred jort wearers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Many don't consider us at all

Feb 12, 2014, 6:04 AM [ in reply to Many don't consider us at all ]

I would guess that was only a pack of SEC gator fans that think the nation revolves around SEC.
REST ASSURED all the coaches and top division players are well aware. Though I'd like to see more recruitment concentration from Kacksonville to Ft Lauderdale. Focus seems to be a lot more on Ga. (And that's hard to argue with). Why not both? Spiller, Watkins etc.

Re: Many don't consider us at all

Feb 12, 2014, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Many don't consider us at all ]

There's a lot to be said for being good -- better than good and 'flying under the radar'.

They had too much $ to be inbred

Feb 12, 2014, 4:11 PM

But I think they were wearing jorts. Lol!!

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

It was the rich people who

Feb 12, 2014, 9:32 PM

Invented inbreeding.....kings, queens, Caesars

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

This guy is a 4*? He's not lacking size from the

Feb 12, 2014, 5:51 PM

looks of him. Unless he is playing against absolute garbage competition, he looks as dominant and disruptive as Nkemdiche. Better yet, he's doing it from the inside, he doesn't have an, "edge" to come around to get to the backfield.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 stars?

Feb 12, 2014, 5:59 PM

Will probably be a 5 star into his senior season.

Only if offered by a seCheat team

Feb 12, 2014, 9:33 PM

Otherwise he will be a 2 ... Maybe 3

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Ok! Jacksonville , Lol***

Feb 12, 2014, 6:05 PM

Maybe I'm a kool-aid drinker

Feb 12, 2014, 6:13 PM

But I honestly believe that our coaching staff is the best talent evaluating staff in the country. Each year their list of accomplishments to sell these recruits on grows. This thing is snowballing from here on out. Go Tigers!

Re: Maybe I'm a kool-aid drinker

Feb 13, 2014, 8:46 AM

I am impressed with the guys they offer very early and become 4 stars with offers from everyone...I am also impressed with the quys they offer that are 2 stars or 3 stars and by the time they are juniors and seniors they are starters and all ACC players.... not just evaluation of talent but development of the talent that is there.....

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic