Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: In or Out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,657

Plyler's Blog: In or Out?

Feb 11, 2014, 9:47 AM

In or Out?

In or Out?
The Atlantic Coast Conference made a big splash this past spring when it secured Notre Dame as its 15th member.  The conference will move to 16 teams this fall when Louisville joins the league.

Expansion is always a hot topic and it has been this way for most of my life.  Sout

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Louisville makes it 16 teams. We lose UMD.***

Feb 11, 2014, 9:49 AM

Re: Plyler's Blog: In or Out? Comments on ACC getting ND

Feb 11, 2014, 10:02 AM

are right on the mark. Needy and desperate move by the conference. I resent it and Barker for being the water boy to broker it. You want in? Come in for football too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, best of both worlds for ND.***

Feb 11, 2014, 10:17 AM

Re: Plyler's Blog: In or Out?... Here we go again.***

Feb 11, 2014, 10:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I feel like Syracuse and Pitt are natural, I just hate that

Feb 11, 2014, 10:12 AM

Pitt has an off-campus stadium in an NFL stadium. That is not a good feel. I know Miami is the same thing, but it was worth it to get Miami and one is enough of that sterile environment.

I like the fact that Pitt and Syracuse bridge Boston College to the rest of the league. However, when Maryland left it created a break in the contiguousness of the footprint. I really think this could be solved by getting West Virginia as the 15th member. At that point, if Notre Dame would come on in full then everyone would be contiguous.

Notre Dame, however, will never join in football unless they have to. You just have to listen to the Notre Dame fans on message boards to know how determined they are to remain independent in football.

Louisville and Notre Dame already contiguous via Virginia

Feb 11, 2014, 12:18 PM

Contiguous with the lower half of the ACC, anyway, as Virginia borders Kentucky. The 15-mile or so break between Virginia and Pennsylvania doesn't really bother me that much, it's so minor that it's not worth angsting about.

True, but need West Virginia to close the break

Feb 11, 2014, 12:56 PM

between Virginia and Pennsylvania. I meant to say that that would mean there is no break at all.

Re: Plyler's Blog: In or Out?

Feb 11, 2014, 10:43 AM

From the title, I was initially certain that this was going to be another discussion on sexuality.

Nevertheless, I think that the decision to allow ND partial admittance will ultimately pay off. I can certainly see how the special treatment that they have received would ruffle some feathers, but I believe it to be inevitable that ND joins as a full member. I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

On the other hand, if my prediction does not come to fruition, the ACC will eventually have a pretty big problem on its hands.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought this blog was about Gary Peters when I clicked

Feb 11, 2014, 10:45 AM

on it

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,657
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic