Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General Update: Clemson trustees approve new degrees, housing and athletic capital plans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,822

General Update: Clemson trustees approve new degrees, housing and athletic capital plans

Feb 7, 2014, 5:12 PM

Clemson trustees approve new degrees, housing and athletic capital plans

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything sounds about right to me! GoTiGERS....Beat Dawgs!

Feb 7, 2014, 5:22 PM

And Coots too in 2014.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was hoping the new degrees were going to make

Feb 7, 2014, 5:34 PM

it easier to bring in junior college prospects. Hopefully that isn't to far behind.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What new degrees for JUCO's? If the purpose is to bring...

Feb 8, 2014, 9:21 AM

in more JUCO athletes, would not the new degrees be in ridiculously easy majors? It's not like the university does not already have lower standards for football players. How much lower are you willing to go? If we want to be more competitive in football talent, I'd rather Dabo focus on encouraging unproductive players to transfer (like Saban and Spurrier) than causing Clemson's academic standards to fall. Where am I wrong?

Re: General Update: Clemson trustees approve new degrees, housing and athletic capital plans

Feb 7, 2014, 5:37 PM

What new degrees? Do they have names?

Clemson trustees approve new degrees -Doctorate in nursing

Feb 7, 2014, 5:44 PM

that sounds kind of odd. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson trustees approve new degrees -Doctorate in nursing

Feb 7, 2014, 5:47 PM

Doctorate in Nursing sounds possible! I am just wondering if we are giving degrees in 4th grade reading!! :)

Re: Clemson trustees approve new degrees -Doctorate in nursing

Feb 7, 2014, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Clemson trustees approve new degrees -Doctorate in nursing ]

I found out this week the you need a doctorate in nursing to be qualified to teach in a BSN program. It sounded strange to me since the requirement to teach at the bachelors level is usually a master's degree.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So are they tearing Johnstone down?

Feb 7, 2014, 5:54 PM

It sounded like that, and they'd be replacing it with some new building

Re: So are they tearing Johnstone down? I was just thinking

Feb 7, 2014, 5:59 PM

the other day what an eyesore that is and how I wish the last part would come down

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: General Update: Clemson trustees approve new degrees, housing and athletic capital plans

Feb 7, 2014, 6:51 PM

Would love to see CU buid a vet school instead of students leaving the state with there money in tow. Clemson should retain its agriculure roots. Vet school is really selective and would make it easier if you never had to move to continue your edu.

Agree on vet school

Feb 7, 2014, 8:10 PM

Surely we have tried? Maybe we're getting blocked by the same state clowns that allowed USuC to start a medical school when we already had MUSC.

Feb 7, 2014, 9:41 PM

I thought they were working on a plan for courses with degree programs that would allow Jr. college transfers to Clemson. Come on BOTs and Mr.President. Our athletics are suffering, and being held behind the 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball, and the 11 ball with half the pockets being blocked with our coaching staff arms tied behind their backs without degree programs to fit Jr. College students that will help Clemson athletics to fill holes with players with playing experience that will able our athletics to play on an even playing field with other D-1 schools. Please open the doors with degree programs for Jr. college transfers that not only helps Clemson athletics, it will be good for Clemson as a whole by opening new avenues for more students that through Jr. college are now able to qualify to Clemson's high standards. IMHO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What degree programs for JUCO's? Basket weaving?

Feb 8, 2014, 9:26 AM

nm

Why can't JUCOs transition into existing majors?

Feb 8, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: General Update: Clemson trustees approve new degrees, housing and athletic capital plans ]

There is no reason to set up majors just so folks can transfer in. There are plenty of majors that aren't as intensive as Chem E or Biochem. We don't need to make any up.

Does this include the loggia and Harcombe being torn down as

Feb 8, 2014, 9:37 AM

well as the last of Johnstone?

Yes***

Feb 8, 2014, 9:41 AM

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,822
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic