Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Fox Sports projects Sammy Watkins to the Raiders
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Fox Sports projects Sammy Watkins to the Raiders

Feb 7, 2014, 5:23 PM

Fox Sports projects Sammy Watkins to the Raiders

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Fox Sports projects Sammy Watkins to the Raiders

Feb 7, 2014, 5:28 PM

OH, H3ll NO!!!

Re: Re: FB Update: Fox Sports projects Sammy Watkins to the Raiders

Feb 7, 2014, 5:49 PM

Please no!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish the Panthers could get Watkins

Feb 9, 2014, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Fox Sports projects Sammy Watkins to the Raiders ]

But I know, not goin' happen

:(

photo 1253886001_office-no.gif

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He deserves better. Just as Jacoby Ford deserved better.***

Re: He deserves better. Just as Jacoby Ford deserved better

Feb 7, 2014, 5:53 PM

Poor Ford. Oft injured doesnt begin to describe his time there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why Luck stayed his Sr year Sammy should have stayed

Feb 7, 2014, 6:15 PM

also. Oakland is where great players become mediocre at best and never reach their potential. I can not think of one player that left Oakland better than when they arrived. I would not wish this fate on the clown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why Luck stayed his Sr year Sammy should have stayed

Feb 8, 2014, 2:19 AM

Are you serious???? Luck stayed in school for the same reasons Peyton Manning did.

I agree to a certain extent, any top player is going to be

Feb 8, 2014, 6:14 AM [ in reply to This is why Luck stayed his Sr year Sammy should have stayed ]

picked by a suc team like the Raiders, Bills, or Buccaneers. It is the nature of the beast, if not this year then next.

Re: This is why Luck stayed his Sr year Sammy should have stayed

Feb 9, 2014, 8:04 AM [ in reply to This is why Luck stayed his Sr year Sammy should have stayed ]

How many Heisman winners did the Raiduz have on their team at one time. I could be wrong, but I believe it was 3. Couldn't do a darn thing with them. Run, Sammy run. Oh, and watch out for gunfire on that side of the bay.

No Sammy to Raiders. They will pick a bad QB.***

Feb 7, 2014, 6:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear Sammy may wind up at the train wreck that is

Feb 7, 2014, 7:18 PM

Oakland Raider football. If only Jacoby could escape.....if they couldn't develop Ford into a number one deep threat,...well....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2014, 8:27 PM

I am not a fan of the NFL, and I know nothing about the rules of drafting college players. So, how long does these kids like Sammy have to change their mind, and come back and play their Sr. year of college ball. Next question, how long are the contracts that these kids are locked into with the teams they are drafted to. I would hate to see Sammy locked to a team like the Raiders for a long time. We have already had one good receiver in Jacoby Ford wasted away in Oakland with injuries. And It seems like CJ has been in Buffalo forever. Last question, what happens when a kid doesn't want to go to the team they are drafted to, and refuses to play for that team. Do they go back into the draft or what? Thanks in ADVANCE to who can answer my questions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there's a date that they meet to declare or not but once

Feb 8, 2014, 6:19 AM

they sign with an agent it is a done deal. The first contract is typically 4 years so both CJ and Jacoby are due up to become free agents. Unless you are a two sport star that gets drafted by another league, you don't have many options as to report to the team that drafted you or not.

Re: there's a date that they meet to declare or not but once

Feb 8, 2014, 10:07 AM

Thanks for your answers, and for all answers were a +1 and thanks again. I guess Sammy has a long rich agonizing 4 years in black and silver. Almost as bad as 3 years in garnet and black.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there's a date that they meet to declare or not but once

Feb 9, 2014, 8:08 AM [ in reply to there's a date that they meet to declare or not but once ]

Oh yeah? Remember John Elway? He was supposed to go to the then, Baltimore Colts. He let it be known, no way Jose'. I don't know what he pulled, but the Colts passed on him or traded, not sure, but I vaguely remember the ruckus.

John Elway was drafted by the NY Yankees and told the Colts

Feb 10, 2014, 9:11 AM

that there's was no way he was playing for them, that he would just play baseball. Since they had already drafted him and didn't want to lose that first pick outright they decided to get something out of it and traded him to Denver for an OG or LB or something like that.

Feb 8, 2014, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Fox Sports projects Sammy Watkins to the Raiders ]

Once they have contacted an agent, it is over. I doubt there is any turning back now for Sammy. The good news for him is he will be fabulously wealthy, even though he is on a bad team.

NOOOOOOOO!!!***

Feb 8, 2014, 6:15 AM

Raiders

Feb 8, 2014, 8:23 AM

There is a pt of no return and Sammy is probably past it. Signing with an agent and taking payments does it. He could just say "I don't want to play in Oakland" and it might cause them to pass. This has worked with high profile QBs in the past. I believe the length of his stay will be negotiated. I'm sure they will incentivize him to sign for a longer term (more $ or higher bonus).

I pray not.***

Feb 9, 2014, 1:06 PM

Man, it stinks to be good.***

Feb 9, 2014, 5:19 PM

Feb 10, 2014, 3:38 PM

I hope its somewhere in the south!

Replies: 23