Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Report: 5-Star OT sets announcement date
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Report: 5-Star OT sets announcement date

Feb 3, 2014, 9:49 AM

Report: 5-Star OT sets announcement date

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope we get this kid. What a beast***

Feb 3, 2014, 9:50 AM

I hope we can land this guy...

Feb 3, 2014, 10:50 AM

We need some nasty OL, he'd def help us out.

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Report: 5-Star OT sets announcement date

Feb 3, 2014, 9:51 AM

Clemson bound!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coincidence he just visited us??***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:03 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

No***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:32 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

This kid has blocked the whos who of GA DE's***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:08 AM

Re: This kid has blocked the whos who of GA DE's***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:05 PM

From what they are saying, he has held his own with the best DEs in Georgia. And I saw some highly recruited DEs on that list. Carter and then Sawyer from his own team was a couple of them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rivals projecting to

Feb 3, 2014, 10:15 AM

Clemson

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rivals projecting to

Feb 3, 2014, 1:11 PM

As long as TCI isn't projecting it then we have a shot.

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Report: 5-Star OT sets announcement date

Feb 3, 2014, 10:17 AM

Looks like OH ST has 2 shots at him according to the posting. Unfair!!!!! :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who was our last 5 star lineman or have we have

Feb 3, 2014, 10:29 AM

ever landed one?

Re: Who was our last 5 star lineman or have we have

Feb 3, 2014, 10:31 AM

I cant recall us ever having one actually.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me neither, just wondering if I had missed one***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:34 AM

There aren't many

Feb 3, 2014, 11:51 AM

maybe 2 a year

Sad...***

Feb 3, 2014, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Who was our last 5 star lineman or have we have ]

Not exactly

Feb 3, 2014, 10:54 AM

5 star O-Linemen are hard to come by, and the 1 or 2 that usually headline each recruiting class tend to be snatched up by the Alabamas, FSUs, or whoever else is dominating CFB at the time.

UGA has never landed a 5 star O lineman either you moron

Re: Not exactly

Feb 3, 2014, 11:05 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-John-Theus-99173

I was going to say that. He's been very good.***

Feb 3, 2014, 11:07 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Not exactly

Feb 3, 2014, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Not exactly ]

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/116233/john-theus

i see only 4; sup wit dat?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All those 5 star recruits y'all get every year

Feb 3, 2014, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Not exactly ]

and yet we still beat you. A little A-She-She team beating an all mighty SEC team.

Sure, keep talking about how our recruiting is sad. But congrats on beating Nebraska in your big bowl game! Wait, what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i imagine james franklin sends richt a christmas card

Feb 3, 2014, 11:17 AM

thanking him for his & uga's help with the penn state gig.

MERRY XMAS MARK, I <3 YOU... JAMES FRANKLIN

Vanderbilt overcomes 13-point hole to stun No. 15 Georgia
RECOMMEND432TWEET175
Associated Press
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Vanderbilt finally has its first upset of a Top 25 opponent under coach James Franklin, a win that had the Commodores singing with the band and dancing in the end zone.

They also likely ended No. 15 Georgia's faint hopes of a trip back to the Southeastern Conference championship game for good measure, too.

Jerron Seymour ran for a 13-yard touchdown with 2:53 left, and Vanderbilt rallied from a 13-point deficit by scoring 17 unanswered points in the fourth quarter Saturday for a 31-27 victory.

The Commodores (4-3, 1-3) hadn't beaten a Top 25 team since Oct. 4, 2008, when they edged then-No. 13 Auburn in Nashville. They also got their first victory over Georgia in Nashville since 1991, snapping a six-game skid to the Bulldogs.

SportsNation: SEC East Upsets
SportsNation Has Georgia or South Carolina been the bigger disappointment? Which team suffered the biggest upset? Vote! »

"When you take over a program like we did ... every win has been unbelievably significant to us and every win should be significant to our fan base and to our community and to our alumni because it's an opportunity," Franklin said when asked about the meaning of the biggest win since he took over in December 2010.

Vanderbilt rallied despite losing Austyn Carta-Samuels in the second quarter with an injured left leg that had him on the sidelines with crutches for the second half. Franklin did not have an update.

Receiver Jordan Matthews said it was tough to see Carta-Samuels hurt and replaced by Patton Robinette.

"At the same time in the game, you got to stay focused on the mission," Matthews said. "I knew Patton was going to come in and do his job."

Georgia (4-3, 3-2) failed to hold a 27-14 lead with 6:24 left in the third quarter following Marshall Morgan's second field goal of the game. The Bulldogs had chances to rally, but Brendan Douglas fumbled after a catch with 1:59 left, and Aaron Murray was intercepted on the final play.

Coach Mark Richt was being criticized when Georgia lost its season opener to Clemson, and now the Bulldogs have lost two straight in the SEC. Richt said everyone wants to talk about how good things are when winning and everyone has an opinion when a team starts losing. He had a message for his team after this loss.

"I just wanted to make sure everyone understood that at Georgia we stick together," Richt said.

Torren McGaster started the comeback by recovering a fumbled punt by Damian Swann late in the third quarter. Robinette ran for a 2-yard TD, and Carey Spear kicked a 40-yard field goal. Seymour put Vandy ahead a play after Georgia punter Collin Barber could only fall on a high snap at his own 13.

"We got the 'W,' so that's the most important thing," Robinette said.

Vanderbilt wound up holding the ball for more than 35 minutes and outgained Georgia 337-221 in total offense. The Commodores held Murray to just 114 yards passing, the third-lowest passing performance of his career.

Murray became the SEC's career leader in total offense late in the first quarter with a 7-yard pass to Arthur Lynch. That put him a yard past Tim Tebow. Murray then finished off the drive with a 1-yard keeper, putting Georgia up 10-7 at the end of the first quarter.

The senior making his 48th career start also added a 2-yard TD just before halftime for a 24-14 lead. But with so many offensive players out with injuries, Murray couldn't keep the Bulldogs' hopes of an SEC East title alive.

SEC blog
SEC ESPN.com's Chris Low and Edward Aschoff write about all things SEC football in the conference blog.
More:
• Blog network: College Football Nation

"Definitely very stunning, it's hard," Murray said.

Vandy's comeback was helped by the second targeting penalty against Georgia in the game. Robinette's TD came on a drive kept alive when officials flagged Georgia linebacker Ramik Wilson for hitting Vandy receiver Jonathan Krause with his shoulder on an incompletion on fourth-and-4. Review kept Wilson in the game, but the penalty stood for a first down.

Georgia already lost defensive end Ray Drew with 11:19 left in the second quarter. Officials flagged the defensive end for targeting when Drew hit Carta-Samuels after he threw a pass and pushed the quarterback to the ground. Georgia linebacker Jordan Jenkins tried to be careful after the game but was not happy with the call or the rule in general.

"I think it ruins the game," Jenkins said. "I think it's going to ruin the game of football."

Georgia played without tailback Todd Gurley for a third straight game because of a sprained ankle, along with the other injured Bulldogs. The list grew longer as Bulldogs safety Josh Harvey-Clemons hurt his right foot in the first half and did not return.

Spear also ran for a 3-yard TD on a fake field goal in the second quarter, giving Vandy a 14-10 lead.

The Commodores had all the momentum as they forced Georgia three-and-out. Then they got too fancy, overloading the line wide left. Shaq Wiggins jumped the screen from Carta-Samuels from the side and returned the interception 39 yards for the TD and a 17-14 lead.

Carta-Samuels was knocked out of the game on the next series when sacked by Jenkins, one of three sacks by Georgia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oops....i only checked E$PNs rankings***

Feb 3, 2014, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Not exactly ]

How'd he do against Clemson's DE's?

Feb 3, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Not exactly ]

UGa has recruited pretty well on the OL, but it was interesting to watch them have so much trouble blocking Clemson's DL. Of course, everybody had trouble blocking Clemson's DL this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad...***

Feb 3, 2014, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Sad...*** ]

You will be SAD when we beat that a$$ on August 30th with all our 3 & 4 star recruits!!!

Stacey Seegars I believe was probably a 5 star if they rated

Feb 3, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Who was our last 5 star lineman or have we have ]

Stacey Seegars I think.

I would say

Feb 3, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Who was our last 5 star lineman or have we have ]

That if we ever did, they probably came in the Danny Ford days when we had a nasty OL, but there weren't big time rankings back then

Re: I would say

Feb 3, 2014, 12:57 PM

Bostic brothers? Steve Kinney?

Re: I would say

Feb 3, 2014, 1:16 PM

They didn't do the star ratings back then, but I believe that Joe Bostic was a 2 time all American

Re: During the Danny Ford era

Feb 3, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Who was our last 5 star lineman or have we have ]

before all of these rating services were around.

Re: During the Danny Ford era

Feb 3, 2014, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Who was our last 5 star lineman or have we have ]

before all of these rating services were around.

Re: I'm sure a few would be considered 5 star after their

Feb 3, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Who was our last 5 star lineman or have we have ]

College career. We have had some very very good OL in our history. There are a few that would have been 5 star if that rating system was used and others that turned out to be 5 star.

Wonder how his route running is?

Feb 3, 2014, 11:16 AM

I kid, I kid. C'mon Hyatt, be a Tiger! We exposed those 'hurting buckaroos!'

This kid looks awesome!

Feb 3, 2014, 11:59 AM

I have to say the way we are building all areas of the team lately, Tigers are gonna be beastly!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This kid looks awesome!

Feb 3, 2014, 12:31 PM

Please Uncle Dan...help out in making your nephew a Tiger

Message was edited by: CaseyKasey®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trust Uncle Dan (Benish) and pick Clemson!***

Feb 3, 2014, 1:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

2015 commit on '14 NSD. Great way to start the year...***

Feb 3, 2014, 1:15 PM

For 1 day we'll definitely be the #1 2015 recruiting class!***

Feb 3, 2014, 2:36 PM

null

Go TIGERS!***

Feb 3, 2014, 2:32 PM

Come on to Clemson, we NEED you

Feb 3, 2014, 4:30 PM

If any top 25 school needs OL more in the 2015 cycle than Clemson, I dont know who that would be. Losing our best two OL after the 2013 season (shatley and thomas) plus lost Destefano and Timothy as well, and then losing Beasley and Davis after 2014. Need to replenish those OL #'s.

If this kids signs with us I'm gonna wooooooo hooooooo!

Feb 3, 2014, 4:50 PM

I don't expect to here a ### thing out of anybody about it either!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Down to OSU and Clemson?

Feb 3, 2014, 5:30 PM

Question then, if Clemson gets him...Can they HOLD HIM
for 1 yr.

??

Will not be 5 stars any longer if he commits to us #SECBIAS***

Feb 4, 2014, 10:45 AM

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive