Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN tweets about Dabo Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN tweets about Dabo Swinney

Jan 31, 2014, 9:31 AM

ESPN tweets about Dabo Swinney

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cue the "Thanks, Tim Bouret" haters in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1

Jan 31, 2014, 9:33 AM

LOVE our guy and the way he does it ! ! !

Thanks, Coach ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

LOL. I enjoy reading Tim's stats. Isn't that his job BTW?***

Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a great job***

Jan 31, 2014, 10:19 AM

Germans

Jan 31, 2014, 9:36 AM

Everybody already knows Morris is the most important person on this staff.

And no people BV is not. KS had a good defense the year before he crapped the bed. and VK also had D's that were just as highly rated as this one we just had with much better secondary play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Germans

Jan 31, 2014, 9:41 AM

Looser!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ found one . . . not a TB hater but a

Jan 31, 2014, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Germans ]

"good thing Dabo hired that sure fire genuis of a HS football coach because everybody knows Chad has it ALL on his shoulders" looser.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Germans

Jan 31, 2014, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Germans ]

Ur a serious and desperate Cork Soaker, dude!!

Cynicism is bull#### masquerading as pseudo

Jan 31, 2014, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Germans ]

intellectualism. At best.

The reality is this: When Dabo was appointed as HC all the doubters said he didn't have the experience. Only a few years as a position coach, none as an OC. Then they said he made too many mistakes, stuck with a kid as OC too long. Then they said he was too goofy, not a real leader.

Well, now he has the best athletes we have had in forever, the best coaching staff we have ever had, and the best academic performance we have ever had.

A guy who starts with nothing and succeeds? Take all the success away and he will simply do it again.

But when scu no longer has sos? All bets are off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I won't disagree with your statement about the

Jan 31, 2014, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Germans ]

importance of Chad Morris, you're analysis of the defenses of Koenning, Steele, and now Venables fails to consider one of the most important aspects. It's not as though the defense is a completely independent unit unrelated to the offense.

When Chad Morris came in with his HUNH, he put much more pressure on Steele's defense in the form of much less rest between defensive series, and also a significant increase in the total number of possessions they had to defend against per game.

For a defense that defends 10 possessions a game to give up 300 total yards is very different from a defense that gives up the same 300 yards in 13 possessions. The HUNH offense by nature puts more pressure on defenses, resulting in the statistics to be skewed. If one were to take the time to analyze the average results per possession of a defense, the results would be much more indicative of just how good that defense is.

Even with the several years of top 25 defenses of Koenning and Steele prior to 2011, Venables defense producing the same level of results is much more impressive.

*You're absolutely correct about the decreased level of performance by the secondary compared to five years ago.

Re: While I won't disagree with your statement about the

Feb 1, 2014, 8:17 AM

Very good points. TU! The haters won't care, however.

I would agree that Chad Morris is behind the jump

Jan 31, 2014, 9:49 AM

in pts. per game and passing yds per game, but I have to give Dabo credit for us going 32-8 and hiring Chad to start with. Dabo has made some really good decisions since his hire and I hope to see further improvement. With that said, I'm still critical at times when I see a bonehead decision by this staff.

Exactly...

Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 AM

Who hired the Chad and BV? Dabo wanted a certain style team and he hired people to deliver. When the staff changes, it's likely that the new people will have the same mentality, if not the same skill set (better or worse).

Re: I would agree that Chad Morris is behind the jump

Jan 31, 2014, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I would agree that Chad Morris is behind the jump ]

gosh, sorry that they are not perfect which i am sure you are. siiiigh

it's not about being perfect.

Jan 31, 2014, 10:02 AM

but I'm certainly not blind or ignorant. I don't understand why people have trouble with criticism and/or objectivity.

"To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing."

Jan 31, 2014, 10:08 AM

Aristotle

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

"The trouble with most of us is....

Jan 31, 2014, 10:10 AM

that we'd rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.”

Norman Vincent Peale

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: "The trouble with most of us is....

Jan 31, 2014, 11:18 AM

That quote is a keeper!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing"

Jan 31, 2014, 11:05 AM [ in reply to "To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." ]

ahh and I was sure this was COngress

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thankfully all of our "bonehead" decisions aren't in the

Jan 31, 2014, 9:58 AM [ in reply to I would agree that Chad Morris is behind the jump ]

public eye.

There was a lot of room for progress after Napier

Jan 31, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to I would agree that Chad Morris is behind the jump ]

I really liked Billy, but he just wasn't ready to be an OC. So it's easier to grow when you're tiny.

But Dabo hired him...something that many of your AND...

Jan 31, 2014, 11:27 AM [ in reply to I would agree that Chad Morris is behind the jump ]

...other major college football programs would not have done. Let's give Dabo SOME credit.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brent Venables & Recruiting: The Defense is more experienced

Jan 31, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to I would agree that Chad Morris is behind the jump ]

and holding teams to less points as well. Don't forget about that.

Re: Brent Venables & Recruiting: The Defense is more experienced

Jan 31, 2014, 2:30 PM

wasn't it 3rd in the nation I believe?..........

Re: Brent Venables & Recruiting: The Defense is more experienced

Jan 31, 2014, 7:09 PM

The defense was ranked 24th in the nation in scoring defense this year. They were ranked first in the nation in tackles for loss, fifth in 3rd down defense, somewhere in the top 5 in most 3 and outs per game, 12th in sacks, 13th in interceptions, 16th in forced fumbles, 17th in fumbles recovered, 16th in pass defense, and 24th in total defense.

Re: I would agree that Chad Morris is behind the jump

Feb 1, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to I would agree that Chad Morris is behind the jump ]

So championship teams have coaching staffs that don't make boneheaded decisions? I will keep that in mind that they are perfect....

The legend grows! Go get'em Dabo! I bet Clemson will even

Jan 31, 2014, 9:54 AM

surprise many of you this season in how good we are--after we have reloaded.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

TAJH and SAMMY***

Jan 31, 2014, 10:07 AM

That should say Clemson with Chad Morris is doing that

Jan 31, 2014, 10:09 AM

because those terrible stats in 2009-2010 were under Dabo Swinney as well.

Didn't Dabo hire Morris?

Jan 31, 2014, 10:10 AM

And recruit the talent that he's currently using?

This is Dabo's doing. It is like priming a pump. Only a

Jan 31, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to That should say Clemson with Chad Morris is doing that ]

little comes out at first, them more, and then a fountain of water. That is Dabo bringing our program to life.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Just as SC made a jump with Ellis Johnson and Lorenzo Ward

Jan 31, 2014, 10:20 AM [ in reply to That should say Clemson with Chad Morris is doing that ]

creating defenses that could carry the team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Jan 31, 2014, 10:36 AM [ in reply to That should say Clemson with Chad Morris is doing that ]

smh

^^^^^^^^^ another one . . . . . sighhhhhhh***

Jan 31, 2014, 11:10 AM [ in reply to That should say Clemson with Chad Morris is doing that ]

Have no doubt. Dabo is the captain of the ship.***

Jan 31, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to That should say Clemson with Chad Morris is doing that ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Defense and Brent Venables has also been better

Jan 31, 2014, 1:46 PM [ in reply to That should say Clemson with Chad Morris is doing that ]

and holding teams to less points.

Just wait until Chad leaves..

Jan 31, 2014, 12:16 PM

and Dabo hires Jeff Scott. Our record will be closer to those first two years under Dabo.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

100% agree. Do give credit to Dabo for the hire of Chad,

Jan 31, 2014, 12:23 PM

but it's no secret that he's the reason we have had the success we've had these last 3 years. When he's gone, and if Dabo promotes CJS as OC, we will not have the same success.

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

No evidence either way. Speculation on your part***

Jan 31, 2014, 1:19 PM

If anything, if you look at a lot of places where good OC's

Jan 31, 2014, 3:04 PM

are replaced by a coach that was under that tutelage over a few years, that new OC tends to do very well. That's what I would expect from Jeff as well if he ever took over. He's a very bright mind.

At one point Morris was going to lose his job as a HC

Jan 31, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to 100% agree. Do give credit to Dabo for the hire of Chad, ]

at the high school level until he pestered Malzahn into teaching him. Now look where he is. I'm not saying that Jeff Scott will turn out to be the same, but there's no reason why he can't be successful.

Don't forget the other key component which is the players and the recruiting that Dabo and crew have done. Without the talent we're able to attract Morris wouldn't be successful.

One area that I think Morris has proven to be priceless in is developing our quarterbacks. He turned Tajh's potential into results. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with a QB that he recruited to run his system. That's part of the reason why I hope Chad Kelly starts next year. I just want to see what Morris can do with a true dual threat QB.

You a prophet?***

Jan 31, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Just wait until Chad leaves.. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Yeah, I think you fool yourself to believe that. No

Jan 31, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Just wait until Chad leaves.. ]

evidence can be produced to say yay or nay on that account. NONE. Jeff might be the worst or he might be the BEST but to predict like that is only opinion NOT reality.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Just wait until Chad leaves..

Jan 31, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Just wait until Chad leaves.. ]

Sounds like that guy that played for Carolina and blasted Spurlick for who he hired. You remember...his son went to Alabama.

Re: Just wait until Chad leaves..

Jan 31, 2014, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Just wait until Chad leaves.. ]

do do

Not bad

Jan 31, 2014, 1:32 PM

especially considering our QB responsible for those passing numbers is "undraftable..."

Dabo Rocks!

Jan 31, 2014, 4:47 PM

Dabo Swinney was a godsend for the program! #GOTIGERS!

Re: FB Update: ESPN tweets about Dabo Swinney

Jan 31, 2014, 7:27 PM

I bet at least 50-75% of the responses on twitter were from illiterate Coot fans. They're laughable. Many of them with less than 20 people following them and hundreds of tweets bashing Clemson, but WE are the obsessed fanbase.

Re: FB Update: ESPN tweets about Dabo Swinney

Jan 31, 2014, 11:26 PM

Just remember the laughing stock that Dabo was portrayed as for hiring a "high school" coach in Morris. I think when Morris leaves, Dabo will find a suitable replacement.

Dabo put the right staff together. He deserves

Feb 1, 2014, 6:33 AM

ALL the credit as a Head Coach for doing so. These stats reflect that good work.

Period

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic