Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Decision time for Renfrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

New Story: Decision time for Renfrow

Jan 29, 2014, 12:29 AM

Decision time for Renfrow

Socastee athlete Hunter Renfrow has a big decision to make within the next week. Does he take scholarship offer from Appalachian St. or does he take a preferred walk-on offer from Clemson? What does he say about the decision? What does he say about his official visit to Clemson? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a good kid

Jan 29, 2014, 1:00 AM

Hope he chooses Clemson. Seems bright. Whether in football or in engineering, he would make a great Clemson alumni

I went to high school with Hunter and his brother

Jan 29, 2014, 2:50 AM

They're great kids and come from a great family. The family are huge Clemson fans though. His older brother is currently enrolled at Clemson and I believe his sister came to school here as well. They also have a couple parking spots and come to most games. I would suspect him to pick Clemson. The only reason I see him going to App St is the because of the opportunity to play QB and get more play time overall.

Re: I went to high school with Hunter and his brother

Jan 29, 2014, 10:50 AM

He has great stats coming out of HS. Why does he not have more offers? Size? He seems to have been one he## of a QB in HS.

Re: I went to high school with Hunter and his brother

Jan 29, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to I went to high school with Hunter and his brother ]

If he can catch the ball, there would be other positions and opportunities for him to play. But if it is all about him playing QB, his best bet would be App St. I hope he comes to Clemson b/c after college FB, his future will be as an engineer. A Clemson engineering degree will be his best reference in the employment world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would take Wofford over App. State. Too dang cold in

Jan 30, 2014, 6:38 PM

that place.

Great kid who could also play CF for the baseball team if

Jan 29, 2014, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Sounds like a good kid ]

he were to try out.

Re: New Story: Decision time for Renfrow

Jan 29, 2014, 8:04 AM

Walk on as what...a QB or can he play another position...what's his size speed etc.?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: New Story: Decision time for Renfrow

Jan 29, 2014, 8:27 AM

Looks like a RB or maybe a KR, I like his speed and shiftiness

Re: Re: New Story: Decision time for Renfrow

Jan 29, 2014, 10:16 AM

I agree. From his highlight film, he looks deceptively fast and incredibly slippery. Too bad they never showed him throw a pass but it looks like he would be a really good fit at wild cat QB plays.
I can't believe Paul Johnson hasn't been recruiting him hard. GT is an engineering school and he looks perfect for that crappy offense they run. I guess it's a good thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Johnson is too lazy.***

Jan 30, 2014, 6:40 PM

I'd say similar to what Humphies does but with a little

Jan 29, 2014, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Decision time for Renfrow ]

more shiftiness and good vision after the catch.

I live a short drive from

Jan 29, 2014, 9:52 AM

Happy Appy and I don't know of any engineers who received there degree from there! Anyone remember a QB from Anderson who did pretty well in Boone? Armenti Edwards.

Re: I live a short drive from

Jan 29, 2014, 9:53 AM

to many theres .. my bad

Edwards is from Greenwood not Anderson***

Jan 29, 2014, 12:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I live a short drive from

Jan 29, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to I live a short drive from ]

believe he was from Greenwood

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Receiver***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Decision time for Renfrow ]

Re: Receiver***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:37 AM

Receiver for the Panthers. Let ASU to two or three national titles as a QB!

Recruited as a WR***

Jan 29, 2014, 11:12 AM

It's hard not to take the full ride

Jan 29, 2014, 10:02 AM

Unless you have plenty of disposable cash

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: It's hard not to take the full ride

Jan 29, 2014, 8:38 PM

If his family are Clemson grads, I'm sure money isn't a problem. Clemson grads will never have to say those 6 awful degrading words. Will there be fries with that!!!

The next Wes Welker possibly.***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:11 AM

Re: The next Wes Welker possibly.***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:15 AM

so was drake grisham but the mot did not want him because he was to little. well now he is 5-9 180 as a preferred walkon at bama that did well enough as a freshman that he was rewarded with dressing for the sugar bowl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2014, 10:28 AM [ in reply to The next Wes Welker possibly.*** ]

Haha Every lil white Wr that comes along is suppose to be the next Wes Welker.

Jan 29, 2014, 10:56 AM

OMG, the race card (ignorance, whatever)! There seeems to be no escaping it, no matter how irrelevant, stupid, and inappropriate.

Why not the next Jerry Rice?***

Jan 29, 2014, 11:09 AM [ in reply to The next Wes Welker possibly.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2014, 10:46 AM

I LOVE Clemson as much as anybody on this board, to me there isn't a decision to be made.

A FREE College Education with the opportunity to play Football VS Having to PAY for your Education and probably be the Scout Team QB for 4 years.

Go to App St and you can still pull for Clemson and be "A TIGER" for the rest of your life.

Jan 29, 2014, 10:50 AM

maybe paying tuition is not a problem for the renfrows. maybe he is smart enough to come in on an academic scholarship. and maybe he wants to play for clemson. and maybe you should think of things that dont involve money.

Jan 29, 2014, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Decision time for Renfrow ]

His family has money, and he is receiving an academic scholly from Clemson. He'll be fine either way.

Jan 29, 2014, 11:00 AM

And compare a engineering degree form Clemson to one from App ST. No disrespect intended, but hello!!!

I'd rather pay for a Clemson degree than get a free one

Jan 29, 2014, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Decision time for Renfrow ]

from a school like App State. Chances are, he won't play football after college. I think he will have a lot more doors opened for him having an engineering degree (or any degree) from Clemson, with the connections he will be able to make and education he received, than with a degree from App State.

Plus, if he is smart enough to want to be an engineer, he is surely eligible for the LIFE scholarship and perhaps others as well. This is not even considering the fact that his family is possibly willing and able to pay for some or part of his tuition.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

If he comes to CU everyone will know his name before he leaves

Jan 29, 2014, 11:16 AM

I live less than 5 minutes from his High School....I've watch Hunter play and I know his family. You'll not find finer folks anywhere! He is deceptively fast and can make defenders look silly. The kid is a winner, plain and simple. Extremely coachable!! I see him moving to receiver. I'd be shocked if he walks on as a QB!!!
He's not allergic to hard work and practice...I don't think a position change will phase him at all. I hope to see him running down that hill!!

I want him as a Clemson STUDENT

Jan 29, 2014, 11:46 AM

Even better if he is a successful Student-Athlete. Sounds like he will make his family and a University proud in the classroom with or without sports. However, it also sounds like he is the type of hard worker that could make an impact in sports with his combo of talent and determination.

I hope he picks Clemson, but he will be a winner either way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this guy looked like Johnny fb. running - how big is

Jan 29, 2014, 4:01 PM

Johnny anyway?, he looks thin and not very tall to me, just like Renfrow!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best wishes either way. If Dad not rich AppSt is good school***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can he play OL?***

Jan 29, 2014, 10:58 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic