Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General Update: Princeton Review names Clemson to its Best Value Colleges list
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,538

General Update: Princeton Review names Clemson to its Best Value Colleges list

Jan 28, 2014, 3:11 PM

Princeton Review names Clemson to its Best Value Colleges list

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Academic News..but not to those that know CLEMSON! ***

Jan 28, 2014, 3:16 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: General Update: Princeton Review names Clemson to its Best Value Colleges list

Jan 28, 2014, 3:25 PM

It's pretty remarkable that Clemson made the Best Value list considering it's more expensive for in-state students than most public universities. If Clemson received the same support from the state as places like UNC and Georgia Tech it could be one of the top ranked public universities in the nation.

I'd say we already are a top public univeristy

Jan 28, 2014, 3:33 PM

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public

We are in pretty good company. Not too sure what schools we will be able to leapfrog considering Clemson's size and the states resources. Yes, Barker had a laser focus on climbing this list so some think our ranking was gamed. But whatever, we are still tied for 21st which is great - gaming or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does this minimize a scholarship?***

Jan 28, 2014, 3:37 PM

Re: General Update: Princeton Review names Clemson to its Best Value Colleges list

Jan 28, 2014, 3:40 PM

used to be a much better value before the General Assembly decided to cease funding higher education in SC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I started in 1991

Jan 28, 2014, 4:25 PM

tuition and fees for out-of-state students was $6600. In 2013 dollars, that's about $11,300. Now, it's over $30k? That's outrageous.

http://www.clemson.edu/oirweb1/FB/OIRWebpage/TuitionAndFees.htm

What is outrageous is the lack of $ from the State.***

Jan 28, 2014, 4:33 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is outrageous is the lack of $ from the State.

Jan 28, 2014, 4:37 PM

Good ole Nikki. Totally worthless to Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is

Jan 28, 2014, 4:39 PM

USuC- Columbia's amount of money from State vs ours. I know USuC has more students.

Re: What is outrageous is the lack of $ from the State.

Jan 29, 2014, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: What is outrageous is the lack of $ from the State. ]

Not a Nikki Haley fan, but if you think she's the problem with higher education funding in SC, you are sadly mistaken. The Governor of South Carolina, whether Democrat or Republican, is a figure-head and wields virtually no power. If you want to blame any person or group, you better start with the South Carolina General Assembly. That group controls all state funding and overrides over 90% of any and all vetoes signed by the Governor. Better do a little homework before you slander an innocent person.

What's worse is the current admissions process. Clemson

Jan 29, 2014, 8:43 AM [ in reply to When I started in 1991 ]

waits to accept students until Late January or February when other schools have been sending out acceptance letters and scholarship offers since the fall.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2014, 7:54 AM

What is crazy is the tuition that is charged for out of state, when your grand father, dad, sister and myself went to clemson. My daughter was accepted but we live in Atlanta. 30,000 a year is to much. There should be a legacy tuition.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,538
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic