Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Tajh Boyd Senior Bowl stats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

FB Update: Tajh Boyd Senior Bowl stats

Jan 25, 2014, 7:08 PM

Tajh Boyd Senior Bowl stats

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coulda called those #'s

Jan 25, 2014, 7:19 PM

Thankful for the games he won for us but unfortunately not an elite qb

Re: Coulda called those #'s

Jan 25, 2014, 7:39 PM

How is he not an elite QB? ...and who is?

Jan 25, 2014, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Coulda called those #'s ]

How is he not an elite QB? ...and who is?

Re: Re: Coulda called those #'s

Jan 25, 2014, 7:42 PM

Elite qbs don't throw the ball in the dirt on swing routes. Boyd was never accurate especially under pressure. He also never got through his reads anywhere near fast enough which lead to many unnecessary sacks and turnovers. Our receivers made him look far better than he is. I'm sure some of you will want to argue these facts.

he doesn't throw the ball in dirt on swing routes..

Jan 26, 2014, 1:00 PM

just like your not a Clemson fan, but another insecure coot impersonating a Clemson fan

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he doesn't throw the ball in dirt on swing routes..

Jan 27, 2014, 9:50 AM

So everyone that doesn't crown Tajh the greatest future NFL QB the league has ever seen is an insecure coot? Great philosophy Nostradamus....

Jan 26, 2014, 4:51 AM [ in reply to Coulda called those #'s ]

Tell 'em you F-ing COOT!!!!!!

unfortunately for you, you're an insecure shamecock fan***

Jan 26, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Coulda called those #'s ]

I didn't watch, but this looks pretty shaky

Jan 25, 2014, 7:22 PM

What's the deal? Was this on Tajh or the OL/WRs? I was hoping he'd tear things up (in a good way).

Uneven teams. FSU and Allbarn DEs on South put lots of

Jan 25, 2014, 7:51 PM

pressure on North QBs. Logan Thomas sacked frequently. South QBs had lots of time to throw. The score reflected that uneven level of defensive talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't forget the LSU defenders***

Jan 26, 2014, 1:05 PM

Re: Uneven teams. FSU and Allbarn DEs on South put lots of

Jan 27, 2014, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Uneven teams. FSU and Allbarn DEs on South put lots of ]

Yeh, it will be much easier at the next level.
Uhh..no. Not good.

I watched, most of his throws were overthrown... I think he

Jan 25, 2014, 8:36 PM [ in reply to I didn't watch, but this looks pretty shaky ]

Was just used to Sammy's speed... and these other receivers weren't that fast!

Message was edited by: clemsonsuzi®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

The North's oline was terrible, the talent was heavily….

Jan 26, 2014, 1:03 PM [ in reply to I didn't watch, but this looks pretty shaky ]

stacked on the South's favor. The south was superior on defense, the oline, and receivers. If Tajh would have been on the South squad, he would have had between 150-200 yards passing. He would have definitely made the long pass Derek Carr missed on to the Alabama WR.

Re: The North's oline was terrible, the talent was heavily….

Jan 26, 2014, 1:06 PM

agree with all!! Why were Tigers,Hookies and Miami on North team and Carr and others on South?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right now, right NOW!!!

Jan 25, 2014, 7:23 PM

I would trade Cam Newton for Boyd.

and bring Watkins too ;)

Re: right now, right NOW!!!

Jan 25, 2014, 7:24 PM

THAT would be a legendary combo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

totally agree, thx***

Jan 25, 2014, 7:34 PM

Re: right now, right NOW!!!

Jan 26, 2014, 11:00 AM [ in reply to right now, right NOW!!! ]

Don't forget to bring Hopkins along as well. :D

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Guys at some point you've got to realize

Jan 25, 2014, 8:54 PM

That unfortunately Tajh is not the all world legendary quarterback all of us clemson fans wanted him to be. He did great things here at clemson, was a great player for us, great off the field, and a wonderful ambassador to the school and always will be. But you cannot continue to classify everything that has came out as negative on Tajh during this week as "hate" or "lack of seeing true potential" or numerous other phrases defenders on here have used this week. The truth is when it comes down to it Tajh is not a great nfl level qb no matter how bad we want him to be. He has ball delivery problems, consistent accuracy problems, pocket presence problems, and difficulties with reads and check downs. His college success was heightened by all the extra talented help around him combined with his own talents to produce a very competitive skilled whole unit but as a single part Tajh is not a superstar. This is the case of many college qb' sand should take nothing away from his accomplishments at clemson and college records but he will more than likely not match that success at the next level. All that being said he might be the hardest worker and grind it out and one day become a good nfl quarterback but not without lots of hard work. No disrespect to Tajh but I think it's time everyone quit making excuses of why he is not excelling at superstar levels in these pre draft games/drills.

Re: Guys at some point you've got to realize

Jan 26, 2014, 9:44 AM

Very well said. The sad truth is it sounds like Tajh just hasn't been performing well in all things involved with the Senior Bowl.

Let's hope he steps it up in the combine and during Clemson's pro day. Hopefully in time he'll be a better QB for some NFL team, but it sounds like he's got a lot of work to do.

I realize that you're a coot posing as a Clemson fan***

Jan 26, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Guys at some point you've got to realize ]

I realize that my post may have contained to many words

Jan 26, 2014, 3:49 PM

for you completely comprehend but what points did I make that constitutes an idiot like yourself to call me out as a coot? I guess the truth hurts from some but I believe my points that Tajh for Clemson = great quarterback with many accomplishments but NFL Tajh appears to have much work to do in order to succeed has been echoed many times over on here. If you could read I said Tajh did many great things here at Clemson but will not be "elite" (not saying un-drafted, not saying that he will not see play time but he is not going to be the next Russell Wilson)unless he works his butt off and can make changes.

Re: I realize that my post may have contained to many words

Jan 26, 2014, 9:15 PM

You are saying he will not be the next Russell Wilson? Wilson did not have a great draft stock either. Give him a chance before to put him in the CFL. What have you seen that he needs to change? (Not what you have heard from experts)

Re: I realize that my post may have contained to many words

Jan 26, 2014, 9:45 PM

For one watching him in games he does not appear to look off of his main receiver. Often times players would be wide open on the other side of the field while Tajh was locked on one guy and would force a throw or have to throw it away. Also, did not see him step up in the pocket and throw as you see NFL qb's so often do. He seemed to always step up to late or to only run when he did. He is accurate except when he starts doing his side arm flip motion, anyone who has watched him enough has seen this. I compare to some type of throw you would see an infielder make in baseball. When Tajh does this it is very unpredictable of where it will end up. As I wrote in my other comments I think Tajh done a amazing job at Clemson and has every chance in the world to become a good NFL qb if he has the work ethic to make changes. People want to make excuses of why he struggles at drills like the receivers suck the OL sucked and some of that may be true but if he was a great qb he would excel in light of all of that at some point.

Clearly the old adage that

Jan 27, 2014, 11:36 AM [ in reply to I realize that my post may have contained to many words ]

many "shoot the messenger" holds true. Move on, it's normal.

Jan 25, 2014, 8:55 PM

The north had pretty awful receivers as well.

Jan 25, 2014, 9:14 PM

> The north had pretty awful receivers as well.

No doubt about it. TB was great, the rest of the North team sucked.

Cockstripe, seriously....

Jan 25, 2014, 9:16 PM

Do you think using a different handle helps?

I don't know about TB's NFL chances, but I am absolutely

Jan 25, 2014, 9:20 PM

amazed at the extremely high number of OB experts/coaches we have on Tigernet. I played and watched football all my life, and I know how to win. Just say: OMAHA...OMAHA...OMAHA....OMAHA! Good luck TB!

Re: I don't know about TB's NFL chances, but I am absolutely

Jan 25, 2014, 9:24 PM

So you don't think Tajh Boyd will get drafted in the NFL? I think that's hard to believe. But I know if them bias people at ESPN don't like you. Then other teams look at you as what ESPN say. But they are so bais if you didn't play in that overrated SEC.

Re: I don't know about TB's NFL chances, but I am absolutely***

Jan 25, 2014, 9:31 PM

I hope he is All Pro!

Jan 25, 2014, 9:34 PM

I never said he would not be drafted.

Re: I don't know about TB's NFL chances, but I am absolutely

Jan 26, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know about TB's NFL chances, but I am absolutely ]

I've never seen any negative Tajh Boyd bias on ESPN...and even then, scouts don't pay attention to any of the evaluations on ESPN. They look at film, measurables and see them play in person.

Lmao

Jan 25, 2014, 9:27 PM

Not an elite QB? If you are basing this on the game today, then you should really consider blowing your brains out. The North was garbage. It was pretty much Auburn, FSU, OK, and Texas vs D2 schools and a couple D1s.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Lmao

Jan 25, 2014, 9:53 PM

Unfortunately his stats and wins were against weaker opponents. Not sure he has. NFL talent.

You shoulda stopped at "weaker opponents".

Jan 25, 2014, 9:54 PM

Because that was dumb.

Re: Lmao

Jan 25, 2014, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Lmao ]

An elite qb would step up and show some greatness no matter if his team was garbage and Tajh was mediocre at best.

He was in the elite college group but the bar is higher

Jan 25, 2014, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Lmao ]

Now for tajh and he will need to step up and prove why he deserves that elite title. I am afraid that his chances are running out and his recent media coverage will over shadow some of his positives, dropping his draft status.

Re: Lmao - So ya had'a bad day....

Jan 26, 2014, 1:47 AM [ in reply to Lmao ]

Boyd had a bad day, everyone does sometime. He's in good company. Tiger shot a 79 today. Should we say he's no good as a golf pro? 'probably just the moon phase...

Boyd's stats speak for themselves, so do Tiger's.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't see the field.....undrafted***

Jan 25, 2014, 9:56 PM

How is Connor Shaw doing at his new job at IHOP?***

Jan 26, 2014, 1:07 PM

TB

Jan 25, 2014, 10:10 PM

So what college QB is better than TB? ...his career at CU was pretty good and he hasn't played a down in the NFL game. An "all star" game will not make or break his career. Some of you guys are ungrateful....

Re: TB

Jan 25, 2014, 10:23 PM

No one is being ungrateful of what Tajh accomplished here at clemson and done for the school. Simply debating on from what we have watched for three years and heard from reports over the last week if he has what it takes to excel at the next level. Not saying he won't be drafted but whether or not he will be successful based on his current skill set.

Who is better than Boyd? 5-9 QBs per draft projections.

Jan 25, 2014, 10:33 PM [ in reply to TB ]

And that doesn't include guys like Jameis Winston, who aren't draft eligible or guys like Mariota, who chose not to enter the draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

Re: Who is better than Boyd? 5-9 QBs per draft projections.

Jan 26, 2014, 9:09 PM

I am not asking for you to give stats or just a link of what experts think. I know how to google... What do YOU think?

Winston, Manziel, Bridgewater, & Mariota easily. Probably...

Jan 27, 2014, 5:24 PM

Carr, Bortles, & Fales. Maybe Lynch & Shaw.

Re: Who is better than Boyd? 5-9 QBs per draft projections.

Jan 26, 2014, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Who is better than Boyd? 5-9 QBs per draft projections. ]

I am not asking for you to give stats or just a link of what experts think. I know how to google... What do YOU think?

Agree-poor play at Senior bowl won't break his career but

Jan 25, 2014, 10:58 PM [ in reply to TB ]

Will continue to erode his image in the media which could affect his draft status. Tajh fans better hope for a good combine, as it seems that he will be invited. I think most of the comments here regard draft prospects and not career projection.

Whatever....so glad Tajh, Nuk & Sammy won 2 great bowl games

Jan 25, 2014, 11:46 PM

for TiGERS against top 10 opponents..and against #5 UGa too. Yes, tajh "may" not be the great QB..but at times when given some sure Oline protection there was no QB at Clemson who throw a prettier long pass than TB, imo.

One reason he never won against SC was that their very good Dlines never allowed him enough of these needed moments to get the job done..or they would have lost some of those games, imo.

GoTajh..and good luck Clemson Man!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever....so glad Tajh, Nuk & Sammy won 2 great bowl games

Jan 27, 2014, 6:11 PM

Amen, Brother Bill!

I can't read

Jan 25, 2014, 11:42 PM

Through all of these posts to see if it was mentioned, but being under center really was not too helpful, I can't imagine that plays to his height or comfort level a whole lot.

Make no mistake, I love TB

Jan 26, 2014, 12:20 AM

He may go down as the greatest qb to ever don the tiger paw, even with 3 losses to SC. There's no doubt he'll be considered no less than third best of all time. Having said all that, I think his draft stock is rapidly dropping, and I hate that for him. I am one who is of the opinion that Tajh may have trouble on Sundays. I certainly think he can be developed, if he can get his accuracy up. Accuracy is gonna cause problems for him right now tho. We've all seen him struggle to throw WR screens, swing passes, short slants, etc. He doesn't "step up into" the pocket when pressure comes off the edges, ala Clowneys sack vs us in the last game. Tajh walked right into it, and has done that a many of time. One other thing he's struggled with was reading defenses. He got better over his career, but I don't think he's mastered that yet either. He always had a hard time taking what the defense gave him. He often didn't go thru his progressions, and rarely took the check downs. Make no mistake, all these things are correctable. He throws a beautiful deep ball, and is more accurate with them. I think our offense also may hurt him. We haven't seen him under center often. I think that by coming back, he has def cost himself a lot of money, and I hate that for him. I hope to see that he's drafted by an organization that can afford to let him sit a season and work on these things while he watches and learns. I pray the Raiders aren't the team that takes him. I appreciate everything he did for our Tigers, and always leaving it all on the field, and hope he has a long prosperous pro career. Maybe he goes to the Texans and reunites with Nuk lol

I'm the biggest Clemson fan I know

Jan 26, 2014, 3:23 AM

And to me tajh 1-5 against fsu and sc. U conservatives hold off a couple days then trash this comment but this will be just a trash comment.

Closet club closet st.***

Jan 26, 2014, 3:25 AM

Re: FB Update: Tajh Boyd Senior Bowl stats

Jan 26, 2014, 6:01 AM

I'm glad he's gone.....too much hype....overrated....watching him play was like riding a roller coaster....you get on, and hang on because you knew there was going to be lots of ups and downs....if the NFL needs another clipboard holder....he might be the man

Jan 26, 2014, 6:40 AM

I understand how you feel. I remember how everyone was on the Woody Danzler hype but we see how that worked out in the NFL. Tajh is a great man and athlete but Dabo shows over and over again that he is loyal to a fault, ie Xavier Dye starting over Nuk, Antoine McClain playing because he was recruited by Dabo. In my opinion, Cole is a much smarter QB. While he may not be as athletic as Tajh but when you watch him throw, he throws guys open. The biggest knock on Tajh from the NFL scouts is the issues that have caused Clemson to loose games. Tajh locks on one reciever and then panics if not open and can not run a read option. Watch the NC State game if you want to see how bad he is at that. Woody was the same and was criticized for the same issue. Until Clemson can recruit OL talent then I don't believe Clemson will get the next level. I understand that OL is hard to evaulate but when you see the chickens pull in 4 star OL talent and we get only one 4 star OL every other year then that will explain our issue with stronger DL.

IMO

Jan 26, 2014, 7:52 AM

Simply put. Tajh has potential but as far as being elite right now you guys need to get a grip. His good outweighs his bad,and there honestly isn't much that is bad,but what he's bad at are the things he needs the most. Pocket presence, progressing through reads and short yardage accuracy. No one's condemning his nfl career just stating what he needs to work on the become a starter in a league playing against the best players the world has to offer.

Re: IMO

Jan 26, 2014, 7:53 AM

Work on *that

Jan 27, 2014, 10:22 AM

it is one half of football with a team/wr he is not used to. just a few weeks earlier he lit it up against OSU. he just needs 1 Nfl team to try to give him shot, try to coach him up, see how he does. Its not like the college level was too much for him. At times he was exceptional.

He has had a few rough moments, but he is a guy that cares, and would loved to have won a few we lost. He led 3 very good Clemson teams.

Many times we werent protecting him.

Jan 27, 2014, 12:15 PM

I believe a lot of the protection issues that appeared to occur because of bad line play were more on Tajh's lack of getting rid of the ball and not stepping up in the poclet when needed. Just like the safety in the OB he dropped back and set with plenty of protection then instead of making a throw or getting rid of the play he began to drop back and set again. Even the best OL's are only going to be able to hold back a D for so long. This was the case in many games and lead to a lot of unnecessary sacks.

Did MIckey put this together?

Jan 27, 2014, 11:34 AM

Reads like his radio show.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic