Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Will The Streak End in 2014?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

New Story: Will The Streak End in 2014?

Jan 24, 2014, 11:38 AM

Will The Streak End in 2014?

Clemson has traveled to Chapel Hill to play North Carolina in basketball 56 times, and 56 times they've lost, the longest-such streak in the NCAA. Will this be the year that streak comes to an end? Photo by Bob Donnan / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully Nikki is predicting a Tar Heel win Sunday***

Jan 24, 2014, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Hopefully Nikki is predicting a Tar Heel win Sunday***

Jan 24, 2014, 11:57 AM

Hmmmmm.....Tar Heels by 3 because of home court????

the last woman to listen to gwp married him

Jan 24, 2014, 11:57 AM

and has been miserable since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I feel sorry for bob.***

Jan 24, 2014, 11:58 AM

null

That's the spirit! Way to take one for the team***

Jan 24, 2014, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully Nikki is predicting a Tar Heel win Sunday*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

After the 2008 game I became convinced it will never end***

Jan 24, 2014, 11:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This^^^ That game made me realize there are powers

Jan 24, 2014, 12:42 PM

beyond the 10 guys on the court (but not OFF the court necessarily...) who seem to have an interest in keeping the streak alive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How I felt. Blowing an 11 pt lead with 3 mins remaining

Jan 24, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to After the 2008 game I became convinced it will never end*** ]

at that point you just realize, it's never going to be broken

I can remember the 1975 game there

Jan 25, 2014, 10:34 AM

when we had Skip Wise and Tree Rollins. We had a double digit lead and fell apart again. We were a great team that year.

will all those forfeits count as wins once the hammer falls

Jan 24, 2014, 12:31 PM

on Chapel Hill?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, like the hammer will ever fall on Chapel Hill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: will all those forfeits count as wins once the hammer falls

Jan 24, 2014, 12:33 PM

your post is not Swoff base thats for sure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish they would have included in this

Jan 24, 2014, 12:32 PM

the free throw attempts for each team in the 2008 game. The blatant bias of the refs should be laid bare for all to see

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

They?? Everybody knows Nikki wrote this article and David

Jan 24, 2014, 12:44 PM

took credit for it smh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Pfffft, anybody who's aready married knows the rule

Jan 24, 2014, 12:48 PM

"What's hers is hers, and what's mine is hers"

So he better take credit for it now...soon every article will have nikkisteelehood in the by line.

Well see I don't live on the edge like y'all do,

Jan 24, 2014, 12:49 PM

didn't wanna call out the powers that be by name...lightning could strike down from on high

if you're skert

Jan 24, 2014, 12:50 PM

just say it, the other girls will understand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I just figured I'd be the gentleman here

Jan 24, 2014, 12:51 PM

and let y'all be the lightning rods

maybe nikki needs some help picking out the place settings?

Jan 24, 2014, 12:55 PM

jeebus son, did noah forget to pack you a pair on the ark?

Not if #5 insists on wearing the ball over his head***

Jan 24, 2014, 12:56 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I tried telling Browlee that would never work

Jan 24, 2014, 1:04 PM

But he never listens

it just doesn't seem like he will be able to see very well

Jan 24, 2014, 1:13 PM

i'm surprised brownlee still won't change

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

You know how those bball coaches are

Jan 24, 2014, 1:18 PM

they're stubborn when you suggest changing their system

yeah, no way jack's going to give up the 3rd base box.***

Jan 24, 2014, 1:22 PM

Dood you don't know

Jan 24, 2014, 1:24 PM

jack

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not for lack of trying

Jan 24, 2014, 1:31 PM

but jill doesn't let me out much.

Does Jack know about this?? He has a reputation

Jan 24, 2014, 1:37 PM

for falling down hills and taking people with him.

jack called for the hit & run

Jan 24, 2014, 1:39 PM

so i did.

hth

And that's about the same time

Jan 24, 2014, 3:53 PM

the restraining order was filed

Re: New Story: Will The Streak End in 2014?

Jan 24, 2014, 1:27 PM

The streak will not end simply because we do not have a half court offense. I can't see what we are trying to do - no real picks and no structured motion to get anyone open for good shots. This leads to turnover after turnover, watch the Pitt film. It looks like AAU free lance, beat them off the dribble playground basketball.

^^^The facepalm is strong in this post***

Jan 24, 2014, 1:37 PM

i apologize, i opened this, but it was addressed to you...

Jan 24, 2014, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Will The Streak End in 2014? ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14972355

Can't?***

Jan 24, 2014, 1:49 PM

You could add 2010 to this.....

Jan 24, 2014, 2:07 PM

that season Clemson dominated UNC in Clemson (83-64) and there was no return game in Chapel Hill.

That was a year when UNC struggled a good bit and we had a pretty good team. In my mind, that would have been the ideal year for the streak to come to an end, but the opportunity wasn't there.

I'm convinced now that due to the rotating conference schedules there will be other times where we have more capable teams that won't have a shot at ending the streak. I'm not sure we'll be scheduled to go up there next year, for instance, and it seems like next year's team is shaping up to be very good.

All the more reason for the boys to go up there and put an end to it this weekend.

I remember when we had Horace

Jan 24, 2014, 3:33 PM

Grant and we were doin good. We watched the game on a black & white tv with rabbit ears and is was fuzzy. We thought we were going to do it then. But it just didn't work out.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Uhhhh........................................

Jan 24, 2014, 5:46 PM

"NO!"

Re: New Story: Will The Streak End in 2014?

Jan 24, 2014, 7:57 PM

The so called "streak" is a joke because the Tigers have won more than once in Chapel Hill and been cheated out of it by the refs. The last time was when Stitt clean blocked Hansbrough's shot ( all ball ) and the refs jobbed him and called a foul. Stitt wanted to slap the ref that night and many other times due to their incompetence. Oh, and Hansbrough holds the UNC record for being the biggest player to act like a baby whenever anybody came near him ( uber drama queen! ).

Figure we gave at least a 1 in 57 chance***

Jan 26, 2014, 1:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna say 50/50 ;)***

Jan 26, 2014, 1:11 AM

#5 has a basketball for a head***

Jan 26, 2014, 4:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic