Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: 4-star DE to visit Clemson this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: 4-star DE to visit Clemson this weekend

Jan 24, 2014, 9:06 AM

4-star DE to visit Clemson this weekend

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-star DE to visit Clemson this weekend

Jan 24, 2014, 9:07 AM

Don't know that I like this. Hopefully we will still be his last visit even though he has an open weekend now.

null

Shower Him With Orange And White Spirit Please***

Jan 24, 2014, 9:23 AM

White Spirit?

Jan 24, 2014, 10:21 AM

yikes...

Re: White Spirit?

Jan 24, 2014, 10:52 AM

Lmao Alil to much Spirit??

Re: Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-star DE to visit Clemson this weekend

Jan 24, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-star DE to visit Clemson this weekend ]

This is supposed to be his last visit. Gonna be a war between auburn a d clemson the last few days.

Re: Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-star DE to visit Clemson this weekend

Jan 24, 2014, 9:29 AM

yeah if this is the last visit were still in it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ This handle made me hungry***

Jan 24, 2014, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-star DE to visit Clemson this weekend ]

Huge if we get him..... however...

Jan 24, 2014, 10:20 AM

Landing this kid will be huge for us. It should finish off a very good Recruting class, and potential top 10 ranking.

Of course, that being said... (warning, dead horse about to the kicked).... WHERE'S THE BEEF?

It's been well documented on here about our starvation for Offensive Linemen. I hope - and pray - that we have a silent shocker on signing day that includes a highly ranked OLmen - or two!

Come to Clemson, fellas. Win 10 or more ball games every year, compete for an ACC Title every year, keep us in the National Title hunt every year, and be supported by the rabid Tiger Nation!

WE ARE CLEMSON!!

I said the same the same thing the other day and got blasted

Jan 24, 2014, 10:42 AM

I even got called a coot. I agree with you. We need some O-Linemen.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

THIS

Jan 24, 2014, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Huge if we get him..... however... ]

you can't just say "oh we'll have a great 2015 O-Line class" A great 2015 class wouldn't help us in the trenches until 2016 or 2017 at the earliest.

Ok, find a good linemen still on the board

Jan 24, 2014, 11:41 AM

Wait, there are no good linemen still on the board. So the choice becomes signing a guy we really didn't want out of panic and having that player take a scholarship for 5 years...or waiting until next year and signing players we do want. We can recruit players we want or we can recruit players out of panic.

There are like 6 uncommitted 4 star OTs

Jan 24, 2014, 12:04 PM

I didn't check on Guards. It is too late in the game for this year's class, but only one of the 6 even has a Clemson offer, while 3 have Florida State in their top 2.

Damian Prince out of Maryland- Holds a Clemson offer but has little interest. 247 projects him to Maryland (60%), FSU (21%), Florida (14%), tOSU(2%),or PSU (2%)

Roderick Johnson out of Missouri- Does not hold a Clemson offer, 247 projects him to FSU (100%)

Kaleb McGary out of Washington State- Holds no East Coast offers, projected to Washington or Oregon State

Nick Gates out of Las Vegas- No Clemson offer but multiple SEC offers. Projected to Nebraska (84%) Texas A&M (12%), or Oregon (4%)

Frank Ragnow out of Minnesota- No Clemson offer but several ACC and SEC offers. Projected to Minnesota (83%), Florida State (10%), or Ohio State (7%)

Yodny Cajuste out of Florida- No Clemson offer but holds offers in the SEC, ACC, and Big 12. Projected to Forida (83%) or West Virginia (17%)

So you make my point then

Jan 24, 2014, 12:39 PM

Prince is the only one that has even heard from Clemson and he isn't coming. We could throw a scholarship offer out now, but really, when a 4* player has been recruited by several schools for 2 years, it's a little late in the game. We planned on taking 2 or 3 this year, and we have 2 (maybe 3) this year. Stick with the plan, it seems to be working so far.

I'm sure the staff is aware of this. I seriously doubt they

Jan 24, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Huge if we get him..... however... ]

are just ignoring the OL position because they don't think it's important.

Go look at the rivals rankings for 4*+ OL prospects in our main recruiting area (SC, NC, GA). There are a grand total of 4 this year, and it's about the same when you look back the last 2-3 years as well.

SC: Noah Kelleher (UF), Donnell Stanley (SCAR)
GA: Dyshon Sims (UGA)
NC: Bentley Spain (UNC)

SC: DJ Park (SCAR)
GA: Brandon Kublanow (UGA), Andy Dodd (LSU)
NC: Tyrone Crowder (Clemson)

SC: NONE
GA: Vadal Alexander (LSU), Brandon Greene (Bama)
NC: DJ Humphries (UF), JJ Patterson (UNC), Brock Stadnik (SCAR)

2011:
SC, GA, NC: NONE

These guys don't exactly grow on trees. Yes, Spurrier has gotten 3/13 and we have only gotten 1/13, but the sample size is so small here you can hardly label it a trend.

I think 2011 search results screwed up on Rivals, but

Jan 24, 2014, 12:16 PM

2012-2014 should still give you a good idea of how rare these guys are.

If you can't find them locally, you have to widen the search

Jan 24, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to I'm sure the staff is aware of this. I seriously doubt they ]

you can't just give up because there aren't many good linemen in the tri-state area.

And the odds of landing them lessen when you try to go into

Jan 24, 2014, 12:24 PM

states that you don't typically pull many recruits from. Have you asked the staff where they have looked?

also, it's not like our OL has sucked

Jan 24, 2014, 12:39 PM

We're still rushing for close to 200 yards/game and we've been able to pass for over 300 yards/ game. Given that and what we have on the roster, I don't really get all the concern about the OL. The only thing I can think is that all the success we've had recruiting other positions has made people think we must be failing if we're not full of 4- star and above talent on the OL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering the OLs make up 5 out the 11 on an offense,

Jan 24, 2014, 3:52 PM

the number of 4* and 5* OLs is considerably less percentage-wise than probably any other position outside of maybe kickers. As many have stated before, it's the least predictable of all the positions. I doubt the coaches expected losing Giff and Destefano but I think that the positive from that would be selling earlier play to potential recruits for 2015/16.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR

Jan 24, 2014, 12:38 PM [ in reply to I'm sure the staff is aware of this. I seriously doubt they ]

Seriously, y'all. OL was not a huge concern this year, and we still picked up a couple of mid- high three star OL prospects. But next year, I think we're going to have the #1 OL class in the country. If not that, then it will be Clemson's best OL class they've ever had.

Our DL class is also going to be very good. So I don't think there's really anything to worry about.

I'm with you- next year looks mighty darned good***

Jan 24, 2014, 6:22 PM

No worries - Baston can grow WR's into O-lineman***

Jan 24, 2014, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Huge if we get him..... however... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to see that he dropped Scar from consideration***

Jan 24, 2014, 10:27 AM

Seems he wasnt the only 1-SC ranked 10th in the SEC I think?***

Jan 24, 2014, 6:30 PM

Keeping our fingers crossed!***

Jan 24, 2014, 10:33 AM

O-Lineman

Jan 24, 2014, 6:16 PM

We have two coming in. Quit all the bloodclot crying!

Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-star DE to visit Clemson this weekend

Jan 24, 2014, 6:37 PM

OK,we have two coming in, and we have plenty of 'em in house. Yeah,like ya'll, I like to see the 4 & 5 star big 'uns on the commit list, but I think our coaches know what they are doing. OLs are almost always red-shirted, primarily to develope physically.

Our guys really came on strong last season, and I believe we will be fine in the OL in 2014. If not, let's worry about it then. It is just too early now.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic