Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 51

New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore

Jan 22, 2014, 11:48 AM

Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore

The Pigskin Prophet is back to give some advice to Dabo Swinney on dealing with Steve Spurrier. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love it. So true.***

Jan 22, 2014, 11:52 AM

Absolutely beautiful

Jan 22, 2014, 11:53 AM

Perfectly written.

Re: New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore

Jan 22, 2014, 12:00 PM

Great article and I agree 99%. That 1%? Because the boards on this site are often obsessed with coot posts. I for one dont like it. Go Tigers.

and slurriers boss and his boss are the ones to reign in the

Jan 22, 2014, 12:00 PM

old ball coach but are, themselves, so desperate for any kind of success, no matter how irrelevent, that they let him say whatever he chooses without consequence.

Re: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore

Jan 22, 2014, 12:03 PM

yes and this board could use a dose of that too. no reason to talk about them here

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree***

Jan 22, 2014, 1:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2014, 12:08 PM

Prophet must've read my FB before writing this article! Lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

This is Gold!***

Jan 22, 2014, 12:09 PM

null

Message was edited by: The FIGHTINGDABOS®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Finally...some common sense!***

WHAT is the so-called latest drunken rant? What did he

say this time ???

why wasn't the quote mentioned in the article???

null

Re: WHAT is the so-called latest drunken rant? What did he

Jan 22, 2014, 1:12 PM

Copied from an article on Yahoo:

"Of course, the trolling didn’t stop there. Spurrier also took a jab at Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins, who decided to leave school early and enter the NFL draft, as he compared him to Gamecocks receiver Bruce Ellington.

“He’s caught three touchdowns against Clemson in his career. That’s three more than their first-round pick,” Spurrier said.

If you’re keeping track at home, Spurrier has now used two public speeches in 2014 to troll Clemson and we’re not even out of the first month of the year."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's wrong with going shirtless in public?

Jan 22, 2014, 12:12 PM

Signed,

lbu

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

This

Jan 22, 2014, 12:25 PM
ncstatefan.png(424.1 K)

Even better when you put that into motion...

Jan 22, 2014, 12:28 PM

photo ncstate-fan-nipple-rubbing-1_zpsc356fc80.gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Why am I recalling scenes from "Willy Wonka and

Jan 22, 2014, 12:49 PM

the Chocolate Factory"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Even better when you put that into motion...

Jan 22, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Even better when you put that into motion... ]

Lmao, that dough boy's famous now!!!

Whats wrong with going pantsless in public?

Jan 22, 2014, 12:51 PM [ in reply to What's wrong with going shirtless in public? ]

Signed,

joetigerny

Jan 22, 2014, 12:22 PM

Yet anyone coming to this site sees stuff about the coots

it goes both ways so don;t look silly. Dabo's rant takes the cake. Nothing more staged and long. Quick witty comments win anytime in this game of back and forth and the rant Dabo had was forced and contrived

I agree Dabo should let him make his own bed and lie in it when Clemson beats him

the problem with that as many on here know, Dabo has a big mouth and looks silly as well. Can't put toothpaste back in the tube guys

Dabo is just as at fault as Spurrier like it or not. I happen to think it is funny back and forth and makes the state relevant on the national stage with Clemson being good, Dabo known as a hot shot young coach and Spurrier still going off his name yet getting some wins

Let it go but please don;t play the victim and oh well Dabo should just not say anything, too late he already engaged the enemy can't go back now. However, he can tone it down and try to turn the topic and for that he would be smart to do.

Ever try to match wits with someone older and wiser in the game of whatever?? You think as a kid you got em, however, they just get you that much better by getting under your skin. that is all that is happening here and Spurrier has done it well for decades. Dabo would be well suited to let him have his fun and Dabo focus on winning and let that speak for himself. Otherwise he takes a chacne at looking silly nationally when he responds ala the rant that espn played so often

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously ... why are you here?***

Jan 22, 2014, 12:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

True story -I was watching the cartoon, err, Comedy channel

Jan 22, 2014, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore ]

and started to like the Kroll Show, and when they played this skit, I instantly thought of you guys and the perception of the rest of the SEC:

http://youtu.be/jP9SMQAb_rk

Oh, and who started what? 1:45 or so but here you go:
http://youtu.be/CwxxaFvYTXY

Re: True story -I was watching the cartoon, err, Comedy channel

Jan 22, 2014, 2:20 PM

so, Tod Ellis started it? haha that's the best thing about the rant, is he preparted a whole speech for something Spurrier never said.

You didn't like the SEC analogy? I dont know why I

Jan 22, 2014, 2:22 PM

immediately thought of you guys,

But I did.

Man I'm sorry-can I make it up to you? You like Gummy Bears?***

Jan 22, 2014, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: True story -I was watching the cartoon, err, Comedy channel ]

Re: True story -I was watching the cartoon, err, Comedy channel

Jan 22, 2014, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: True story -I was watching the cartoon, err, Comedy channel ]

So why haven't your fan base stamped out Todd Ellis for starting crap with a lye on Slurrier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, how many times are you going to repeat this?***

Jan 22, 2014, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 22, 2014, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore ]

Hey Crump, somebody left the door open again, and the wind blew the same chit back in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only response is to say nothing now and beat them in Nov

Jan 22, 2014, 12:28 PM

Unfortunately we have been on the receiving end of bragging rights for 5 years. We are all sick of it. Dabo's tried the witty quip or the we won this bowl and you won that bowl line, but at the end of the day....until we beat them on the field, not only do we have to live with the disappointment and sickening feeling in our stomach that comes with the loss, we also have to listen to a year...and now 5 of "bragging rights". We are all sick of losing and hearing the bragging that follows. I do agree it's time not to debate each utterance by Spurrier. No words will fix what we feel...a win will fix it. Our football success, other than beating them, speaks for itself. Time to beat them, set the world right again and re-gain our historically dominant position in this rivalry. I agree that Dabo's best response is nothing until we win...and then he can be a more gracious winner if he chooses...it will be his "bragging right".

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A BIG AMEN TO THIS POST

Jan 22, 2014, 3:31 PM

You said it - BEAT THE COOTS IN NOV.2014

Jan 22, 2014, 12:29 PM

Beat him and then you can talk. If not, you are just jealous! Finishing in the top 10 3 years in a row makes you VERY relevant. Beating your rival by double digits 5 years in a row, gives you the right to talk crap. Clemson has talked trash for years and now somebody is giving it back and you can't take it! It's funny!

Jan 22, 2014, 12:46 PM

You've won 5 in a row and gotten what for it??? Tell me. I'm waiting!!! National Championship??? SEC Championship???? SEC East???? Oh 1. (By the way, Cam Newton just scored again!!!!!) BCS Bowl wins????? WHAT HAVE YOU GOTTEN???????????????????

Here let me answer for you coot...............

NOT A ###### THING!!!!!!! You are and will continue to be NOTHING!!!!! Now back to FGF where you belong. And take your friends with you!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2014, 8:11 PM

Go back to FGF with your friends makes one H&ll of a laugh. Them coots, they really hate each other. Just give me one real reason why they would be here where they are hated also. Answer is really, they hate each other way more than we hate them, or they hate us. We have been as hateful and as cruel to them here as we know how to be to them, but it still isn't as hateful or cruel as they are to each other. There is no way it could be anything else. They hate each other so bad that they go out and rob and kill each other everyday. They even shoot them selves to try and get there friends locked up for it.

Jan 22, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore ]

^^^Didn't read the article. If he is one of the rare Coots that can read, he certainly didn't get it. The point is - the fact that Spurrier is still doing this whole charade - even in light of the streak - reveals how pathetic he/your fanbase really is.

Jan 22, 2014, 2:22 PM

that's what Spurrier has always done, why would he stop now? it's not like Clemson is the first team he's done this with

Jan 22, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore ]

Personal attacks against individual players is in poor taste...but who said a coot fan or coach had any taste.

Jan 22, 2014, 5:35 PM

Personal attack? Ridiculous.

Jan 22, 2014, 12:34 PM

Well stated Profit, absolutely true !!!

My thoughts exactly***

Jan 22, 2014, 12:37 PM

Spurrier Is Full of Crap

Jan 22, 2014, 12:38 PM

No what is funny is how your drunken coach rolled into Cola saying take down the beat Clemson signs. We are focusing on our conference first. Now after reality has set in that he will never sniff a conference title in Cooterville all he wants to talk about is beating Clemson. When that returns to normal, and it will, what's he going to talk about then? Oh yeah, pass me a beer Todd. LOL

AMEN---oh..how many conference championship has spurrier won***

Jan 22, 2014, 3:35 PM

Re: Spurrier Is Full of Crap

Jan 22, 2014, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Spurrier Is Full of Crap ]

No, what he said is thats ALL we focused on and needed to set our sights higher which we have and in the process, beating you isnt that hard.

Re: Spurrier Is Full of Crap

Jan 22, 2014, 8:15 PM

A selective memory doesn't change what he said. Spurrier thought he would turn SC into Florida of the 90s within a year or two. It ain't happening no matter how long he stays. Clemson hired a young and inexperienced head coach. Dabo is about to roar past Spurrier's program or what will be left of it. Dude ain't no Spring Chicken.

I hope Dabo has ONE goal.....eclipse 63-17....no kneel downs

Jan 22, 2014, 12:38 PM

give Slurrier an extra helping of his own medicine....and then when it's over and he's asked 100 times about it....just crack that big Cheshire Cat smile.

Coots SEC Slogan

Jan 22, 2014, 12:40 PM

Today: "we play in the SEC!"
Boast

Next day: "but we have to play in the SEC"

Crutch

Great article

Jan 22, 2014, 12:48 PM

Can we stop talking about them now?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

The single beat thing I have ever read on Tnet! Go Prophet!***

Best****

LOL...this is hilarious and so very accurate***

Jan 22, 2014, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Great article, David ... uh, Prophet.

Jan 22, 2014, 12:55 PM

:)

It sounds like it came from a GeeHawdist to me***

Jan 22, 2014, 1:18 PM

He's dead on. However, a lot of our fans on Tigernet are

Jan 22, 2014, 11:35 AM

doing similar posts about coots and Slurrier. Never a day goes by that there are not multiple posts.

It matters not to me what the chickens do all year long. There is only one day a year that counts. Only one day a year when we can do something. The rest is jabberwocky.

THIS Made my day since I'm in bed with bronchitis so needed

Jan 22, 2014, 2:06 PM

a pick-me-up..and boy did it! GoTIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pe***

Jan 22, 2014, 2:14 PM

I'm here to spread hate and discontent.

People don't laugh at their program, they just laugh at their fans.

Jan 22, 2014, 2:15 PM

Classic, and so true.

I'm here to spread hate and discontent.

Jan 22, 2014, 2:28 PM

So we "respond" to them by telling Dabo to not "respond" to them!!! WoW!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2014, 3:25 PM

This is an absolute FACT! These people cannot even enjoy their own successes without referring to Clemson or trying to tear down Clemson in some manner. Their have a serious inferiority complex that should require treatment. Preferably a serious BEATDOWN by the TIGERS!!!!

good stuff!***

Jan 22, 2014, 4:44 PM

Scary how he reads my mind.***

Jan 22, 2014, 5:42 PM

Jan 22, 2014, 5:51 PM

I couldn't agree more. No response needed. I believe Dabo may be doing this because he thinks he needs to. There is never a need to respond to someone like him. The OBC is indeed a great football mind, but that's it. Class has never been a part of his repertoire. Let me share a story from my own personal experience. When I was a sophomore in high school (1982), he spoke at our spring sports banquet. At the time, he was an assistant coach at Duke serving as the offensive coordinator. That year I was fortunate to win our golf team's MVP award, and thus was allowed to join Coach Spurrier and some boosters at a golf outing. I've never heard anyone more full of himself both on the golf course and later that night at the banquet. It actually became quite uncomfortable. You would think that a speech from someone in his position would be about teamwork, hard work and dedication. Oh no, not this guy. It was all about his accomplishments. So I know for a fact he hasn't changed in the last 30+ years. I've always respected his coaching abilities, but I'll never be a fan. It's very hard to respect someone like that, no matter how accomplished they are.

Drunk Uncle from SNL

Jan 22, 2014, 5:55 PM

I think I know where they got the idea.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Been saying this for 3 years now.

Jan 22, 2014, 6:00 PM

Dabo keeps taking the bait. I hope he doesn't return a comment. Dabo has more class than that just let the senile be senile.

Agree! Won't bring up anything rhyming with lame smocks

Jan 22, 2014, 6:03 PM

Dear cootervillianites. It's flattering that you guys really consume your lives with everything Clemson. Please concern yourself with everything cooterville. The scurvy may be setting in from the lack of vitamin c and that may be affecting Stevie's mood a little. We'd give some oranges from our trophy but hey, we're not sharing.

Jan 22, 2014, 8:04 PM

Hey "prophet", you butthurt much??

5 straight. TWEET THAT !!

Jan 22, 2014, 8:31 PM

Tweet this alpha girl. 7 straight, and 10/2 right before your 5 straight. That there is something worth tweeting about if you're not a coot.

Jan 22, 2014, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore ]

Dabo's rant is coming back to haunt him. He bashed the whole program. He called out every player to play at Carolina. Spurrier has a great memory and he hasn't forgotten. It was Dabo who started it and the OBC is just finishing it. On a side note, I didn't realize in 1981 the top shows on TV were "The Love Boat" and "Dallas". That's the last time Clemson finished in the top 5. It's not my opinion, but a fact. Give Brownell credit, he coaches the one Clemson team better than Carolina.

Jan 22, 2014, 8:44 PM

Now that there was good +1 but, that's what our kids will be telling your kids in 30 years. All you have is 5 straight wins in over 150 years!!!!

Jan 22, 2014, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Prophet to Dabo: Don't respond to "crazy uncle" anymore ]

You see it don't you, y'all haven't won near enough for us not to top what ever your entire nation can come up with to try and best us. It impossible b/c there is nothing. Just like there is nothing in your trophy case but pure old South Carolina dust. Just like your coach is becoming, and old dusty ball sack!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Agree 1000%***

Jan 22, 2014, 10:17 PM

Jan 23, 2014, 6:07 AM

Carolina has always struggled with the Demon. Clemson has always dominated SC in football, but even with the current streak, they cannot shake the curse. In 1988 I met a football player from SC that had played in their Gator Bowl in 1984 or 1987, can't remember which. I looked at his bowl ring and they had put the Clemson Carolina score on the ring from that year which they had won. No joke. I saw it. they did it. I think it's in their DNA now.

Jan 23, 2014, 10:54 AM

IRONY, it's not just a river in Egypt.

Prophet, as a newer Clemson fan,

Jan 24, 2014, 7:42 AM

I feel i am a little more objective than the "born and raised" Clemson fans in SC. I've come to my own conclusion which agrees with your findings... Both Clemson and USC fans suffer from the same disease, We're ALL obsessed with Clemson!
One final quote that also agrees with you, "You cant argue with a sick mind" -Joe Walsh

Jan 27, 2014, 9:28 AM

Spurrier, or whatever you prefer to call him, has apparently bored a hole in the collective Tiger mind and is pushing five rather sensitive buttons.

Replies: 71
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic