Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alvin Kamara update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 4,850

Alvin Kamara update

Jan 21, 2014, 11:45 AM

I've been working the phones and trying to track down as much info as I can on the Kamara situation, and I did learn one interesting nugget. As you know, he was suspended by Bama head coach Nick Saban for the bowl game. The reason - or so I am told by sources down at Norcross - is that he didn't attend the Bama football banquet in Birmingham. He already knew he was going to transfer, so he just didn't show up. As a result, Saban suspended him for the game. I will have more on this later....

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks davidhood, I added one more point to your

Jan 21, 2014, 11:49 AM

infinite point total for that update.

I would appreciate it also if Nikki could write an article predicting that Kamara will not pick Clemson. That would make him a lock for us.

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Thanks davidhood, I added one more point to your

Jan 21, 2014, 11:50 AM

Be careful GWP..that girl can shoot!!!! I've been on the shooting range with her!!!

good...

Jan 21, 2014, 11:52 AM

fingers crossed.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in that case stay off the range and behind the tables...lol***

Jan 21, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Thanks davidhood, I added one more point to your ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry about GWP, dave.

Jan 21, 2014, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks davidhood, I added one more point to your ]

I could hit his big fat rump and I can barely hit a barn with a 12ga w/bird shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are we calling them both nikki, david, davidhood&davidhood?

Jan 21, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Thanks davidhood, I added one more point to your ]

i'm not sure we ever got an answer?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: are we calling them both nikki, david, davidhood&davidhood?

Jan 21, 2014, 11:52 AM

And she has a Facebook friend that gets to her..whenever she posts something about football, he tells her to go make me "a sammich Heather." That man ain't gonna make it

oh my...

Jan 21, 2014, 11:54 AM

haha, she seems like a 10 star david.

really happy for you both.

davidhood, the key to a good marriage is communication,

Jan 21, 2014, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: are we calling them both nikki, david, davidhood&davidhood? ]

honesty, and respect. I don't find it very respectful that you keep posting that on her FB page under an alias/fake FB profile.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: davidhood, the key to a good marriage is communication,

Jan 21, 2014, 12:00 PM

Well, I hope she never finds out it's me....

thanks david and i feel better knowing

one of us is getting something done today.

;)

Didn't he meet with Tony Elliot last night? How'd that go?***

Re: Alvin Kamara update

Jan 21, 2014, 11:50 AM

If that is fact then it is a non issue and good to hear he isn;t a troublemaker etc.

Clemson has been very clean lately and hate to see another McDaniel issue with bathroom shower bars and razor blades and police reports.

My only issue is playing time. If he is upset because he doesn;t get playing time then I shy away. ANyone wanting to be the best wants to practice with the best, learn from the best and succeed when the time is right. Too many times guys are great, think they are great, and don't push as hard to be the best. if he follows that role then we are in trouble.

However, if he simply didn;t like Bama and wanted out, we all make mistakes and he should be able to get a clean start.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO that is NOT your only issue!***

Jan 21, 2014, 11:55 AM

Re: Alvin Kamara update- I doubt anyone likes Bama under

Jan 21, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Alvin Kamara update ]

the current regime. You tolerate it for the winning and the potential to get noticed. If Nicky isn't yelling at you the crazy strength coach is. It is a very demanding culture which I'm sure isnt for everyone.

I dont fault the kid for that but he had a chance and didnt want Clemson. As his coach I'd want to what has changed. I also suspect if there is anything worth knowing about the kid that happened at Bama Dabo would have the contacts to know what that is. He could probably find that out anywhere but I'm sure he can find out what he needs at Bama

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alvin Kamara update- I doubt anyone likes Bama under

Jan 21, 2014, 12:11 PM

From what I've heard, Clemson was his first choice but after receiving commits from Dye and Gallman, Clemson told him we had filled our quota for running backs and wouldn't be able to accept him.

are you thinking about David Kamara?***

Jan 21, 2014, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Alvin Kamara update- I doubt anyone likes Bama under ]

He was battling a knee injury most of his Fr. year....

Jan 21, 2014, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Alvin Kamara update ]

the results of which effectively kept him on the practice squad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Question

Jan 21, 2014, 12:03 PM

Do we honestly need another RB? With Brooks and Davidson doing well this year and the coaches raving about Gallman and Dye, would Kamara be just as unhappy about playing time here also?

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Answer

Jan 21, 2014, 12:05 PM

Yes.

Re: Question

Jan 21, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Question ]

That's not a question I can answer. I am guessing he would have to sit a year, so Brooks would be gone. And as we saw this year - you can never have too many.

Would he have to sit a year when he transfers out

Jan 21, 2014, 12:07 PM

of conference though? Or does the conference not matter? Thought Bama gave the ok for out of conference schools meaning he wouldn't have to sit?

maybe you missed this?

Jan 21, 2014, 12:09 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14959006

hth

I did, thanks for posting it again to help me out

Jan 21, 2014, 12:15 PM

I'd be a mess without you, glad you're always hth

ok, good, you seemed to be wasting david's time

Jan 21, 2014, 12:19 PM

after gwp had already cleared it up.

;)

Well gwp's answer

Jan 21, 2014, 12:23 PM

was just way too straight forward and clear cut for my liking.

Let's get some confusion up in this b****

then i apologize, if i knew ahead of time we were

Jan 21, 2014, 12:33 PM

starting forest fires, i'd have packed the matches.

Precisely .

Jan 21, 2014, 12:41 PM

Now what exactly am I suppose to do with all this kerosene, drink it? I don't think Smokey would want me to do that

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

Re: Would he have to sit a year when he transfers out

Jan 21, 2014, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Would he have to sit a year when he transfers out ]

the only way he doesnt have to sit is if there is some hardship situation around the transfer. I've not heard there is one. So unless he goes to a smaller classification of schools (1-AA like Crowell he will sit).

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes sense,

Jan 21, 2014, 12:16 PM

for some reason I was thinking they didn't have to sit if it was out of conference. nvm

Alabama said they would release him to anyone not SEC

Jan 21, 2014, 12:31 PM

that means he would only have to sit 1 year. If they don't release him to a particular school, then he could have to sit out 2 years.

Has to sit unless he gets a "special waiver" from NCAA

Jan 21, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Would he have to sit a year when he transfers out ]

How do you get such a waiver...no one really knows. It all depends on the mood of the NCAA on whatever particular day.

So he would come in as a Sophomore for the 2015-2016.

He is a different back than Dye and Gallman, and Davidson and Brooks would be on their way out.

^^^helpful answer is helpful

Jan 21, 2014, 12:14 PM

thank you sir

Re: Question

Jan 21, 2014, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Question ]

That should be "Questions"

David Hood =

Jan 21, 2014, 12:11 PM

the greatest cereal poster on T-Net hence the infinite point total!!

Thanks for the great Info David as always it's appreciated!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

was the line too long

Jan 21, 2014, 12:14 PM

at the crumpasskissin?

;)

i keed, i keed

I had to wait my turn on this thread behind

Jan 21, 2014, 12:15 PM

you and GWP, man you guys are quick arsekissers

;)

all you need is a tall ship

Jan 21, 2014, 12:17 PM

and a couple stars to sail her by...

we're here to help.

I'm surprised

Jan 21, 2014, 12:19 PM

you also don't use a sextant

giggity

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

I'd like to see David toe the line like dsp always does...

Jan 21, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to David Hood = ]

and see what Crump'll do. Go ahead David....

null

I bet Hood wouldn't get

Jan 21, 2014, 12:26 PM

the same great vacations that DSP gets!

not if crump know what's good for him...***

Jan 21, 2014, 12:28 PM

moments like this i wish i owned the concession at the tnet.

Jan 21, 2014, 12:27 PM [ in reply to I'd like to see David toe the line like dsp always does... ]

brb, grabbin the popcorn.

Where did we stand with him during his recruitment?

Jan 21, 2014, 12:36 PM

Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember us ever really being in it with him during his HS recruitment. Obviously we would have taken his talent if he wanted to come here out of school.

From what I hear, we were definitely in the mix

Jan 21, 2014, 4:35 PM

Rumor was that we told Gallman we were only taking one more RB which soon became Dye. With Dye's commitment, RB recruitment for that year was shut down.

Re: From what I hear, we were definitely in the mix

Jan 21, 2014, 5:18 PM

Saw Gallman in Schiletter today, he didn't look as thick as I would expect him to be, maybe he just runs with a purpose and is stronger than he appears, but he still looks like a heck of an athlete

Replies: 46
| visibility 4,850
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic