Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Wide Receiver U?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

New Story: Wide Receiver U?

Jan 20, 2014, 12:29 PM

Wide Receiver U?

Clemson coaches have the unenviable task of replacing Sammy Watkins and Martavis Bryant, two players who combined for nearly 2,300 receiving yards last season. How do you replace that kind of talent? Take the talent already on campus and add four 4-star wide receivers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With Kamara on the verge of potentially choosing Clemson

Jan 20, 2014, 12:31 PM

(if Clemson wants him), we may be RB U before the beginning of next season...

Where are all those guys gonna play?

Jan 20, 2014, 12:36 PM

I mean, we're bringing in 3 RBs this year, we bright in 2 last year, and Brooks the year before. Then we also have DJ Howard and CJ Davidson.

How does Kamara fit in?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are all the fat boys?

Jan 20, 2014, 12:38 PM

We NEED more fat boys.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's what I want to know.....I'm happy to have ALL these

Jan 20, 2014, 1:20 PM

talented WR's and RB's but I only see 2 OL in our recruiting class and 1 DL. I know we're loaded on the D-line this year but I'd like a few more linemen. On the other hand, how can you turn down all that talent? I guess if one doesn't work out, we could put about 100lbs. on 'em and move inside......lol

Re: that's what I want to know.....I'm happy to have ALL these

Jan 20, 2014, 1:32 PM

That's what happened to me when I discovered Mac's. I'm sure that could work for some players.

I totally understand---it helped make me what I am today.lol***

Jan 20, 2014, 2:34 PM

Mmmmm

Jan 20, 2014, 3:35 PM

I'm craving a Chocolate Shake from Macs right now!

^^^^YEP^^^^***

Jan 20, 2014, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Where are all the fat boys? ]

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Don't think DJ plays another down at RB

Jan 20, 2014, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Where are all those guys gonna play? ]

unless it is mop up duty. It would have been nice if DJ would have played the position he was projected to play out of high school (DB). I just think there is far too much talent at RB from him to have a chance at breaking the 3 deep.

I think Fuller plays DB as projected which kinda surprises me b/c he's a big guy AND he's fast...but I guess that bodes well for a DB as well.

I think a lot of guys will get rotated in until we find one that has the most complete set of skills and pass blocks the best. The best will play, no seniority rule on our team.

Also, it's nice to know that if God forbid we have anymore injuries preseason like we did in that cursed Spring game, we've got some very capable backups!

Re: Don't think DJ plays another down at RB

Jan 20, 2014, 1:38 PM

I totally agree, and include Brooks in that category with D.J. In fact, I think Brooks was primarily a DB coming out of HS, but was promised he could play running back. So you basically have another dead scholarship, when the guy (as well as Howard) might have a shot at DB.

I think Brooks will be fine at RB and may even be the

Jan 20, 2014, 1:44 PM

starter or at least at the 2 deep. He seems to have excellent hands out of the backfield too. His shoulder injury hampered him the latter part of this past season...

Re: I think Brooks will be fine at RB and may even be the

Jan 20, 2014, 1:48 PM

I hope you are kidding. He's still at his HS weight of 185, lacks power, major-class moves, and is prone to fumble. If he turns out to be our starting RB or even in the top 3 rotation, we are in trouble.

I have no idea where you are getting your info, He's

Jan 20, 2014, 1:52 PM

probably going to be a good bit over 200 lbs by the beginning of next season. Did you not see the Spring weigh in? He was 197 nearly a year ago...

http://www.tigernet.com/update/Clemson-Football-Video-Report-The-Big-Weigh-In-11796

I hope your kidding. He was the 1 athlete out of the state of Arkansas. Give the kid a chance this season before you call dud.

Re: I have no idea where you are getting your info, He's

Jan 20, 2014, 1:59 PM

I'm willing to give him every chance in the world, but don't believe you do any player a favor by stubbornly keeping him at a position where he has little chance of success. IMHO we have 4 backs here or coming in that are far better than he can ever hope to be. But time will tell. He##, I'd love to see him break out, become the number 1 RB in the country, lead us to a NC, and win the Heisman. And, if frogs could fly.......

I certainly don't think he's of the caliber of a Gurley but

Jan 20, 2014, 2:06 PM

his experience and size will help. There is no guarantee that Dye will be as explosive this year with all the limited work he's been having to endure.

Wrong. Brooks was Mr Football in Arkansas as a RB/WR***

Jan 20, 2014, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't think DJ plays another down at RB ]

Re: Don't think DJ plays another down at RB

Jan 20, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Don't think DJ plays another down at RB ]

And I have read suggestions that Oglesby could be moved to WR. Don't know how that will play out now that we have 4 committed.

Re: Where are all those guys gonna play?

Jan 20, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Where are all those guys gonna play? ]

Well, start with the fact that Howard and Brooks are absolurely non-factors at RB. I really don't understand why they haven't at least been tried at some other positions where they might contribute something. So the cupboard is not nearly as overloaded as you imply.

Jan 20, 2014, 1:40 PM

brooks will contribute at rb. you watched very much football. the kid was hurt last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2014, 1:52 PM

I've watched every game and saw nothing that suggested to me that Brooks has ever had anything significant to offer at RB.

Re: Re: Where are all those guys gonna play?

Jan 20, 2014, 2:07 PM

Dude , the guy played with HURT shoulder all season !

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Where are all those guys gonna play? ]

They probably didnt try them at other positions because there was a shortage of RBs this yr mainly due to injuries.

Jan 20, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Where are all those guys gonna play? ]

With our explosive and fast pace offense, a two back system have never been enough. We definitely could have used some of these guys this year and maybe we would have be in Pasadena, Ca. instead of FSU. You can never have enough great running backs. On the positive side ask Alabama or on the negative side ask Georgia.

Jan 20, 2014, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Where are all those guys gonna play? ]

The Seminoles load up on skill position players and so should we!

On the verge? He set his sights awfully high

Jan 20, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to With Kamara on the verge of potentially choosing Clemson ]

By publicly saying he would like to talk to Clemson, FSU, UCLA, and others. Since he is no different than a 2015 recruit, and many of his target schools can recruit pretty effectively for that position, I think he might end up at a lesser school. Maybe a UCF might jump on him, for example. If he is seriously willing to play outside of the region, he could possibly be offered by a number of mid range Big schools. Maybe WVU? Or MD?

Re: On the verge? He set his sights awfully high

Jan 20, 2014, 1:44 PM

Are we really that rich in proven RB talent that we can dismiss a player as talented as he reportedly is?

Not saying he won't get a look. But his chances

Jan 20, 2014, 1:56 PM

are much better at a lesser school. We could roll the dice just as effectively with Eric Swinney or TJ Simmons for 2015.

Nothing about what anyone knows so far suggests he is "on the verge." He may have too much baggage. Suspended twice. No doubt the coaches will figure out if he's a head case or not before doing much of anything serious.

Re: On the verge? He set his sights awfully high

Jan 20, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: On the verge? He set his sights awfully high ]

No Sir!

Potentially, didn't he say Clemson finished second or was

Jan 20, 2014, 1:49 PM [ in reply to On the verge? He set his sights awfully high ]

that a different recruit? If that's true, I'd say our chances are pretty good if Dabo is willing and there is room.

Re: With Kamara on the verge of potentially choosing Clemson

Jan 20, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to With Kamara on the verge of potentially choosing Clemson ]

I Agree with you 110%.

Re: New Story: Wide Receiver U?

Jan 20, 2014, 2:04 PM

If this A. Scott player brings his same game to the next level, lookout espn highlights reel. You can put your bottom dollar on that. This receiving class will secure a great future for our quartback, explosive offense, and the Clemson University Football team. WOW! Go Tigers in Years to Come. BRIGHT FUTURE AT THE RECEIVER POSITIONS.

Re: New Story: Wide Receiver U?

Jan 20, 2014, 3:49 PM

Dont forget that Ja'lon Oglesby will be coming in as reciever also. He is small but really fast and great athleticism.

Who's going to block to give the QB time to throw the ball??

Jan 20, 2014, 8:02 AM

we desperately need better OL recruiting more than we need another 4 star WR.

Re: Who's going to block to give the QB time to throw the ball??

Jan 20, 2014, 2:44 PM

There will be more OLs in the next two classes. We only lost two starters on the OL and one was a converted DL. We will be in good shape this year for sure.

Hyatt and Veal aren't chopped liver

Jan 20, 2014, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Who's going to block to give the QB time to throw the ball?? ]

Hyatt is ours to loose so everyone says. Veal needs work but is gettable. We should be able to land homeboy Zack Bailey, too. And we may start heavy pursuit of Edoga.

Of course, we have to get them to commit for certain, but things don't look so dismal from my perspective.

Choice

Jan 20, 2014, 7:11 PM

What about Adam Choice. His name wasn't even mentioned in the running back talk earlierand he even comes in with great pedigree. No doubt that it's gonna be a cat fight. Let the best men win the three deep!

Message was edited by: WNCTiger11®

Message was edited by: WNCTiger11®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WNCTiger11

So how many of these WR's play S and DB?

Jan 20, 2014, 8:59 PM

No team needs eight WR's. We need skill sets in defensive backfield more than WR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also....

Jan 25, 2014, 7:47 PM

going be LBU as well....come on YEARGIN!!

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic