Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers getting "10-star recruits" in Beasley and others returning from injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,755

New Story: Tigers getting "10-star recruits" in Beasley and others returning from injury

Jan 17, 2014, 8:19 AM

Tigers getting "10-star recruits" in Beasley and others returning from injury

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told the entire world what he thought of C.J. Spiller’s decision to return to Clemson for his senior season back in 2009, telling anyone that would listen that the Tigers had gained “a 10-star recruit.” The Tigers got that and more in Vic Beasley, and others returning from injury provide another boost. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers getting "10-star recruits" in Beasley and others returning from injury

Jan 17, 2014, 8:33 AM

So Carlos Wakins is a "wreck". Didn't know his injury was that serious.

Re: New Story: Tigers getting "10-star recruits" in Beasley and others returning from injury

Jan 17, 2014, 11:32 AM

Carlos Watson was in a very serious accident, he was not seriously injured but he was pinned in the vehicle for 2 hours, he had some very serious hematomas in his legs. He missed several weeks of practice and was very sore.
I was in a head on collision in my teens, I was not seriously injured but did not poop for 5 days and did not get out of bed except to poop for 7 days. I could not hold my head up without a brace for a month. I had no serious injuries either.
The hematomas I think were the biggest issue, contact or heavy exertions could have broken a blood clot lose and caused a heart attack or stroke.

Jan 17, 2014, 12:51 PM

I had a relatively minor traffic accident last May and had some of the same issues you describe

No mention of Mackensie Alexander***

Jan 17, 2014, 8:34 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dangit... I was 4 minutes too slow typing a message!******

Jan 17, 2014, 8:39 AM

Mackensie Alexander?

Jan 17, 2014, 8:38 AM

David, unless you know something I don't, you should add Mackensie Alexander's name to that list somewhere!

I know of some physical issues and some personal issues with the transition... but IMO... this 5-star recruit who red-shirted last year could strengthen atleast HALF of the secondary with his speed and play on the ball while it's in flight.

Don't forget his "return" to the field.

Too Many "PLUSES" For Kalon Davis. Not Healthy.***

Jan 17, 2014, 9:51 AM

Some of you reading this, please force yourselves to stop...

Jan 17, 2014, 11:14 AM

caring about star ratings. Recruiting rankings are a complete waste of time. If Gaines Adams, Tye Hill, Vic Beasley, Michael Palmer, Willy Korn, Jamie Harper, Anthony Waters, Aaron Kelly, Corey Lambert, Phillip Merling, Irvin Brisker, Barry Richardson, Jaime Cumbie, Darius Gaither, Chris Hairston, Andre Branch Markish Jones, Coty Sensebaugh, Kenneth Page, Tyler Shatley, Bryce Mcneil, Tavaris Barnes, Grady Jarret, Adam Humphries, Eric Mclain, Mike Bellamy, Cortez Davis, and Lateek Townsend haven't already proven to you that star ratings are a terrible waste of your mental effort, then you will always be hopelessly brain-washed by the recruiting services. We won't know the class ranking of 2014 until about 2017 or 1018. That is a fact.

*I say this because so many people are focusing on Alexander, when people like Beasley, Grady Jarrett, Adam Humphries and other lowly hyped recruits matter more.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen to that CSO

Jan 17, 2014, 11:38 AM

Couldn't agree more. Now to be fair there have been some four and five star recruits who HAVE panned out very well but then too there are some two and three stars and even less that have turned out even better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of you reading this, please force yourselves to stop...

Jan 18, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Some of you reading this, please force yourselves to stop... ]

Epitome of that in this class is Jabril Robinson. Kid is an animal and only picked up a 2 * rating. He will be doing big things at Clemson.

I so pointed this. Hurt my pointer finger even.***

Jan 18, 2014, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Some of you reading this, please force yourselves to stop... ]

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,755
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic