Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Latest ESPN recruiting rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Latest ESPN recruiting rankings

Jan 14, 2014, 4:59 PM

Latest ESPN recruiting rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Latest ESPN recruiting rankings

Jan 14, 2014, 5:13 PM

It amazes me how the NCAA allow schools to over-sign year in and year out. Since 2010 Alabama has had at least 25 per class. There's a few other schools that do it as well, but I just don't see how it's allowed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2014, 5:52 PM

yeah that just kills me too. there are numbers and maximums. it should be that period. not counting back or forward or sideways. I get tired of 5 loopholes for every rule

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see no problem with someone doing this if they aren't

Jan 15, 2014, 9:14 AM

breaking the rules.

My question is....If its such a gamechanger for these schools then why aren't our coaches taking advantage of the loopholes as well?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: I see no problem with someone doing this if they aren't

Jan 15, 2014, 10:06 AM

Because it is unethical. If you have to use the term loophole then it is likely not in everyone's best interest.

null

I dont see it as unethical. I see it as using your brain to

Jan 15, 2014, 12:28 PM

better your position while remaining within the rules.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Some people have ethics, some don't.***

Jan 16, 2014, 5:06 PM

Re: I dont see it as unethical. I see it as using your brain to

Jan 19, 2014, 12:20 AM [ in reply to I dont see it as unethical. I see it as using your brain to ]

What about the kids who lose their scholarship so one of these over signers can have a scholarship? That's not unethical? It certainly is. But some coaches don't know the definition of ethics.

Re: I see no problem with someone doing this if they aren't

Jan 17, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to I see no problem with someone doing this if they aren't ]

Ours are more ethical, plain and simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tennessee has 33 commits and by a recent article they

Jan 15, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Latest ESPN recruiting rankings ]

are still looking to sign more. Why any recruit would want to put themself in that situation knowing that they will always be looking over their shoulder to see if the ax is going to fall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tennessee has 33 commits and by a recent article they

Jan 15, 2014, 2:23 PM

UTenn likely is counting scholarships for 2013 class with early enrollees, some commits may grayshirt, we have at least 2 grey shirt commits...maybe 3.

Re: Tennessee has 33 commits and by a recent article they

Jan 18, 2014, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Tennessee has 33 commits and by a recent article they ]

Shouldn't have fired Fulmer.

Jan 15, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Latest ESPN recruiting rankings ]

Alabama brings in a couple of JUCOs every year. Some commits then go to JUCO or prep school, and juniors go on to NFL. Some become academically ineligible or leave school or have the scholarship not renewed.

Seems legit

Jan 14, 2014, 5:20 PM

nm

Re: Seems legit

Jan 14, 2014, 5:57 PM

These teams have a lot of players leaving for the NFL early so they are paying a bigger price.

With all the talent Miami gets every year they sure do suck***

Jan 14, 2014, 6:20 PM

golden's 22-15 in 3 years & had the 40ish ranked class in

Jan 15, 2014, 10:11 AM

2011, his first full year.

daU has just come thru a horrible 3 year investigation that golden inherited, self-inflicted bowl ban & loss of schollies.

miami can build a top 10 class each year out of the southern portion of FLA alone.

we all recently "watched" many say the same about fswho & here the noles stand, reigning national champs.

it takes some consistency, some solid footing & some luck.

don't know what will happen, but miami is gaining mo.

Look for them to be very good in two years.***

Jan 15, 2014, 10:45 AM [ in reply to With all the talent Miami gets every year they sure do suck*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to explain. Has to be the coaching to do so

Jan 15, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to With all the talent Miami gets every year they sure do suck*** ]

little with the great talent base they have.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because our coaches

Jan 15, 2014, 9:57 AM

Are doing well without it. Its not against the rules per se , but it is dirtbaggery and spurious to be frank. Dabo and his staff have a higher commitment to their classes than the typical coaching staff who move them thru like cattle for their own professional gain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 15, 2014, 12:33 PM

how is Clemson's much better recruiting not being displayed on the field against the coots

Higher ranked classes better skill positions yet no results on the field against them

Anyone care to question coaching rather than name calling toward anyone who may ask

My reasoning is Oline and coaching. The D line is obviously much improved and no longer an issue for this team. Factual example, shut down Mike Davis leading SEC rusher and Hyde from OSU as well as many others.

However, when Clemson needs 3rd and 2 against a decent team there is no go to play other than 5 yard deep snap to tajh and hope he quirts through or a pass play. Oline is a negative every year

Message was edited by: kiknchkn®

short yardage & redzone has long been a problem

Jan 15, 2014, 12:38 PM

or area of concern for spread teams as they aren't designed or built to overpower teams at the point of attack, but rather use design to beat them in space.

it's a system issue for many; plenty of opinions out there to support it and one reason chad spent time in nevada on the pistol.

Also a matter of having a 'power' back. Being addressed.***

Jan 15, 2014, 1:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also a matter of having a 'power' back. Being addressed.***

Jan 15, 2014, 2:27 PM

Jay Jay McCullough, 6-3, 235,

Yep we are terrible

Jan 15, 2014, 1:39 PM

Probably won't fix it either.

Re: Yep we are terrible

Jan 15, 2014, 2:27 PM

We are not terrible.

USC and USCjr on probation, reduced shcolly's , but they

Jan 15, 2014, 2:30 PM

have the same number of commits...17 ???

I got the confuse again.

Re: USC and USCjr on probation, reduced shcolly's , but they

Jan 15, 2014, 2:34 PM

Shcolly $$$$ used for SOS payraise. Coot math 101

Re: USC and USCjr on probation, reduced shcolly's , but they

Jan 16, 2014, 10:57 AM

I suspect that some schools over sign knowing that a number of their recruits will likely NOT be admitted to school. They 'tie up' a guy and this keeps him off the market from competing schools. Before there was a restriction on number of scholarship players a team could have, schools like Alabama would sign 30 or more every year to keep them away from Auburn etc.

Our 2015 class is

Jan 16, 2014, 4:06 PM

Gonna be where it's at. So many top recruits have us I the lead. We just have to hang on to them.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic