Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Video rewind: Orange Bowl first quarter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Video rewind: Orange Bowl first quarter

Jan 13, 2014, 9:41 PM

Video rewind: Orange Bowl first quarter

A closer look at the first quarter of Clemson's win over Ohio St. in the Orange Bowl, with clips of Vic Beasley's "taunting" penalty, the blocks that helped spring Sammy Watkins and good blocking by the offensive line. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Video rewind: Orange Bowl first quarter

Jan 13, 2014, 10:08 PM

Well every clip is pulling up the entire game which stinks cause i was really interested in seeing the clips with this analysis.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

clemsonsuzi

Jan 14, 2014, 8:13 AM

maybe you should hit "play"

Throat slash.

Jan 13, 2014, 10:23 PM

Taking off the orange colored glasses, it honestly looks like a double throat slash to me. Thumbs out and at the neck area.

No. Look at how his hand/fingers are curved

Jan 13, 2014, 10:36 PM

He is pulling back/Superman. If he were throat slashing his hands would be flat like a knife.

Also, he used both arms together. If you were double throat slashing wouldn't you do one and then the other - not together.

Lastly, arms are too low. Yes they're little high for superman but not nearly high enough for a throat slash.

We got a winner!***

Jan 13, 2014, 11:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he deserved 2 flags for that selfish horsepoop.***

Jan 13, 2014, 11:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. Look at how his hand/fingers are curved

Jan 14, 2014, 8:00 AM [ in reply to No. Look at how his hand/fingers are curved ]

usc players flexs over ball carriers and etc. all the time. Check other games as well as the gamecocks bowl game. No call all season. come on!

Nope, throat slash.

Jan 14, 2014, 8:21 AM [ in reply to No. Look at how his hand/fingers are curved ]

It is the double throat slash all day long. He started with his arms crossed, like crossed blades, and then uncrossed them at the throat like in Star Wars III when Anikan beheads Duku with 2 light sabers. If he were doing superman his hands would have met in the middle where the shirt buttons up. Same move an Alabama player made against A&M. He made Johnny's signature cash fingers and then double throat slashed. This was the first time I had seen a flag thrown for throat slashing and I think mainly it was because it was clearly directed at Manzel. After that they have all been called, probably to show consistency. I don't see anything wrong with it myself but this was a double throat slash.

It's not really either. If it's a Superman it's a bad one.

Jan 14, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Throat slash. ]

If it were a throat slash there should be some kind of actual contact with the throat. I really don't know what Beasley was intending to do. I don't think he meant it as a throat slash.

Bottom line though, it was dumb either way.

Spy - "wish we had seen more of that in S.C. game" YEP!

Jan 13, 2014, 11:11 PM

Anthony!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That and not getting so far upfield on the pass rush

Jan 14, 2014, 12:41 PM

I'm glad they came up with that fix in time for OSU, but would've been nice to see it in Columbia...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever it was...

Jan 14, 2014, 8:02 AM

cost The Tigers 7points.

Jan 14, 2014, 10:24 AM

Boy, David, thanks for this!!! It's great to see how the big plays unfold and how the otherwise "unsung" heroes make it happen. It all goes down so fast during the game, and it takes someone how has a better trained eye than I do to help me catch it. Really appreciate it!!!

anthony was spying in the SC game

Jan 14, 2014, 1:04 PM

But either took poor angles or just got beat. I saw crawford, shuey and I think it was Kearse spying also. We just did a better job of it against OSU

Jan 14, 2014, 2:24 PM

Kudos to Hood on Humpries. He may not have won MVP but certainly he wins best supporting actor. His blocking was awesome. I told my wife he should have been considered for player of the game.

Jan 14, 2014, 8:10 PM

And on the Sammy TD Tajh was driven to the ground by the tackler. No flag. When Shuey drove Miller to the ground - flag. We beat OSU AND the refs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic