Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Beasley's NFL decision expected Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Beasley's NFL decision expected Saturday

Jan 11, 2014, 1:04 PM

Beasley's NFL decision expected Saturday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do we always fight mothers about elite defensive ends?***

Jan 11, 2014, 1:05 PM

What about that report implies his mother's position?***

Jan 11, 2014, 1:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where does it say we are fighting his mom?***

Jan 11, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Why do we always fight mothers about elite defensive ends?*** ]

Re: Football Player Update: Beasley's NFL decision expected Saturday

Jan 11, 2014, 1:17 PM

I love Vic as a DE but still wonder how he'd have been at RB. The kid is a player.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, Vic tells at half time of BB game you're staying....

Jan 11, 2014, 1:20 PM

.... Go Tigers.....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Is that really when he announces it? If so then he's staying

Jan 11, 2014, 1:24 PM

for sure. He wouldn't stand in front of a crowd of people to just say see ya.

I'm starting to think he might stay. Ive heard he might all

Jan 11, 2014, 1:22 PM

season but never really believed it but I'm thinking now we may in fact have our monster of a de wearing #3 next season. Our defense will be stout next year but can you imagine how good we would be with the beast back on the line?

If he stays he will be the face of Clemson. He will get

Jan 11, 2014, 1:32 PM

all of the publicity that Tahj and Sammy have received over the past couple of years. This will enhance his draft status next year if he has another great year. He is 8 sacks from tying the all time career sack record at Clemson. To be considered in the same breathe as Michael Dean Perry and Gaines Adams would be an awesome achievement. Vic would always be considered a great player if he left early but he would go to the upper echelon of the greats in Clemson history if he stayed and tied or broke that record.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reality is, Clemson records are not on the forefront of the

Jan 11, 2014, 1:38 PM

decision process...it's increasing draft status and improving earning potential long term in the NFL. If you can improve draft, get guaranteed money, and set your trajectory at 40% or more higher ANNUAL salary by coming back, that weighs much more heavily to that guy and his family than whether they are the sack leader.

Those record things become important on the back end of a players career...right now he's trying to maximize potential and I don't blame him.

His situation puts him right on the fence as to whether it would be more advantageous to come back. Hard decision to make for him, but I'd like to have that problem.

It would be a remarkable story if The Beast were to return

Jan 11, 2014, 2:14 PM [ in reply to If he stays he will be the face of Clemson. He will get ]

for his senior season. I think you're right about him being the face of the program. It's hard to imagine what Vic, Stephone, Greedy and Corey leading a D could wreak on our opponents.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would be a remarkable story if The Beast were to return

Jan 11, 2014, 2:41 PM

Who invented this "face of the program" crap? Football is a team sport and ALL the players make up the team. I'll take "team leader(s)" cause every team benefits from player(s) in that role. Do we really need a "face of the program." Who can compete with Dabo in that role anyway?

Re: Would be nice to hear from Coach V on this

Jan 11, 2014, 1:37 PM

He's probably the one with the most insight on Vic.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic