Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Cold Tigers fall to Seminoles in ACC home opener
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Cold Tigers fall to Seminoles in ACC home opener

Jan 9, 2014, 10:04 PM

Cold Tigers fall to Seminoles in ACC home opener

Clemson had more turnovers than field goals and Florida St. used a 13-0 run in the first half en route to defeating Clemson 56-41 at Littlejohn Coliseum Thursday night. (Joshua S. Kelly) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

16 points at half is beyond cold. It's absolutely frozen.

Jan 10, 2014, 2:01 AM

How long do we keep Brownell around? Seriously, how much time would you on here say we give him to at least make us competitive in our conference? If you look at his stats, we have gotten worse in conference play every year under him. Not dumping or pumping, just asking a question, and looking at out conference record under him. Obviously, this season is far from over, but it doesn't appear that things are better than last season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 16 points at half is beyond cold. It's absolutely frozen.

Jan 10, 2014, 10:22 AM

Brownell needs to revise his basketball philosophy. The small-ball style he came from does not work in big-boy basketball. Sitting back and waiting on the other guys to make mistakes is obviously not working, especially when the Tigers do not have the skill set of many other ACC teams. The Tigers need more of an attacking offense & defense rather than a prevent offense & defense. Barnes and O.P. proved that Clemson could field a competitive team with the right style of play no matter what type players you have.
I'm pulling for Brownell, but I'm not seeing much of a future right now.

Just MY opinion, but I see no improvement in any of our guys

Jan 10, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to 16 points at half is beyond cold. It's absolutely frozen. ]

Harrison? Filer? Smith? Hall?? Obviously I'm not talking about the first year players, but players that have been here 2 or 3 seasons now are just not showing any development. It's scary, actually, how they still look like first year guys. It's not good I can tell you that.
I'm somewhat encouraged by our FT %, but c'mon! Some of our guys can't even DRIBBLE!!! These are scholarship athletes!! Last night's game was almost unbearable to watch. I would rather have a shot blocked right back in our face then to just throw it out of bounds or bounce it off our foot out of bounds.

BB is improving talent

Jan 10, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to 16 points at half is beyond cold. It's absolutely frozen. ]

The problem is not the "type of basketball" he coaches, or any other non-informed opinions out there; the problem is talent. He has struggled getting a pipeline of quality players into the system, most of which is not directly his fault, but has improved vastly the last two years. The two players signed for next year are quality ACC players that will make BB a better coach instantly.

We need to ride with BB through two more years and see if we are still in the same boat. If so, a change is justified but a change now just to change is irrational and will not help the basketball program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense over offense just isn't working for us!

Jan 10, 2014, 3:09 PM

Running off Devin Coleman was a huge mistake. That kid could put the ball in the hole on a regular basis and was a boon for a team that has just an awful time scoring. Yet BB played him so little that he decided to transfer to Temple. Just watch him light it up in Philly for the next couple of years.

Does anyone have a clue as to why BB wanted him gone? I know that because we have zero seniors that 2 guys need to transfer so the 2 guys we recruited can come in. Obviously they will be better than most that are playing now. But why Coleman? Was he that much of a liability on defense, or a problem off of the court? He is a much better player than Harrison, for example, or Ajukwa [a big recruiting mistake], or others. He is at least about the midway point of players on this year's team.

On a team where offense is so sorely needed, Coleman would certainly be a big help on that end of the floor.

I just think that BB's overemphasis on defense [to the detriment of scoring] ends up hurting the team. He plays guys that can guard over guys that can score. Then you end up with 16 points in a half and 41 in an entire game. Wasn't there a game last year when we scored 12 in a half? Just plain ridiculous. Play some guys that can put the ball in the hole Brad! PLEASE!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic