Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Instate group would like to bring Danny Ford out of retirement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Football Update: Instate group would like to bring Danny Ford out of retirement

Jan 9, 2014, 3:16 PM

Instate group would like to bring Danny Ford out of retirement

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Danny!

Jan 9, 2014, 3:19 PM

Or go see my friends at Kia of Greer

Obviously when a former great gets desperate for a job he

Jan 9, 2014, 3:59 PM

will take anything.. for example I give you Steve Spurrier.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Instate group would like to bring Danny Ford out of retirement

Jan 9, 2014, 3:26 PM

That would be awesome! I am a FMU grad and moved back to the Florence area. I would LOVE this! I would definitely go to all the games and would see if Coach Ford needed a free assistant coach as well.

Re: Football Update: Instate group would like to bring Danny Ford out of retirement

Jan 9, 2014, 3:27 PM

I'm an FMU grad as well and it will never happen. FMU higher ups has basically told this committee to GTH....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's 2 years younger than Slurrier******

Jan 9, 2014, 3:26 PM

Re: He's 2 years younger than Slurrier******

Jan 9, 2014, 3:39 PM

Then what in the heck is he doing herding cattle. Get him to Clemson helping Dabo to CEO!!! A bright Old mind joined with a bright young mind, I bet would work pretty good. Then again, he might hog tie Dabo a time or two!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's 2 years younger than Slurrier******

Jan 9, 2014, 3:44 PM

Or maybe Chad lol!

Wow, I didn't realize that. Danny looks old these days.

Jan 9, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to He's 2 years younger than Slurrier****** ]

Older than Slurrier, unfortunately.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Wow, I didn't realize that. Danny looks old these days.

Jan 9, 2014, 7:24 PM

Still looks wiser! I have a kid at FMU and I think it would be great. I also think he'd be a great OL coach at Clemson. We haven't had one in a few years.

He IS out of retirement! He does Kia commericals constantly***

Jan 9, 2014, 3:49 PM

IMO Coach Ford is above something like that but then too I

Jan 9, 2014, 3:55 PM

thought a coach like Spurrier was above coaching at that coaching graveyard USuC so go figure.

Tell him I have an easy answer for him, and don't waste the

Jan 9, 2014, 4:06 PM

time in the pursuit. Coach Ford is quite happy where he's at and not interested, thank you.

Go find a young gun, up and comer with ambition and energy, and start that program.

Re: Tell him I have an easy answer for him, and don't waste the

Jan 9, 2014, 4:50 PM

went there my freshman year only...the beach was fun ;)
but there's plenty of room there for facilities, didn't realize it'd grown that much though!
it was their 1st year after graduating from a college to a university however & were really money-hungry for big freshman classes & turnover. the campus was nice and there was fun being had there in the dorms & on-campus housing, some nice girls. but the party atmosphere was NOT EVEN CLOSE to Clemson & just different because town was a 15 min ride it seemed like...Myrtle was around an hour :-D

Re: Tell him I have an easy answer for him, and don't waste the

Jan 9, 2014, 5:03 PM

There was a time when FMU was pretty vocal about their intent to not have a football team. But the school, like most institutions, has morphed a bit already as has the place in which it was founded. Florence is growing rapidly and the appetite for attractions can be expected to grow with it. Time may not be now, and Ford may not be the individual, but my guess is that there will be increasing interest for a football team at FMU.

Jan 9, 2014, 6:08 PM

Is Breazeale the man that got us in trouble during the Pell years while recruiting the two young men from Tenn? That name sounds familiar.

Jan 9, 2014, 6:59 PM

I remember the name Bobo Breazeale

Jan 10, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Instate group would like to bring Danny Ford out of retirement ]

I think his name was Buck Breazeale. Could be related though. However, I think DF is perfectly content tending farm during the week and recruiting a wing and a beer on game days.

Jan 10, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Instate group would like to bring Danny Ford out of retirement ]

THIS Breazeale is a stir-the-pot kind of guy. I wen't to high school with him.

Listening to local sports talk radio yesterday, there seems to be zero chance of football at FMU ANY time in the near or even semi-distant future.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic