Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General Update: Clemson Athletics Announces Student Attendance Rewards Program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

General Update: Clemson Athletics Announces Student Attendance Rewards Program

Jan 8, 2014, 4:38 PM

Clemson Athletics Announces Student Attendance Rewards Program

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: General Update: Clemson Athletics Announces Student Attendance Rewards Program

Jan 8, 2014, 4:52 PM

Interested to see how this works but this is a great idea. I would hope students would actually have to scan something while exiting the games to check-in but I guess anything is good if it gets students close to the stadiums.

null

Is this a way to help justify facility improvements by

Jan 8, 2014, 4:57 PM

bringing in more students?

Re: General Update: Clemson Athletics Announces Student Attendance Rewards Program

Jan 8, 2014, 5:12 PM

Not sure this is a great thing. Need to keep a balance between school and fun! Hoping the three students with the highest point totals have high enough GPAs to attend Clemson next semester!! Would love the credit toward a ring or tuition, but hoping my tiger student makes academic success the #1 priority! And with her major, there unfortunately probably won't be alot of time for sporting events this semester.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is a great idea, but wrong rewards..

Jan 8, 2014, 5:40 PM

Should be preferential treatment, like seat location or popular games (i.e. UNC and Duke basketball and USC football games)... and make the prizes trips to bowl games or the ACC basketball tournament.
That would bring out the real sports fans...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking beer and pizza***

Jan 9, 2014, 1:55 PM

Jan 8, 2014, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: General Update: Clemson Athletics Announces Student Attendance Rewards Program ]

I did not miss a single home basketball or football game while a student. I also attended the majority of the baseball games.

If you have good time management skills (A pretty good skill btw) and keep up with your course work you have plenty of time for other things.

Anyone who says they do nothing but study is flat out either full of it or are really missing out on a very important part of college. The experience of being a student is as important as what happens within the walls of the classroom.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Totally agree!***

Jan 8, 2014, 9:36 PM

Re: Totally agree!***

Jan 9, 2014, 3:26 PM

^^^^^ what he said. I had to work full time, and I partied all weekend. Graduated from a two year associate program with a 3.4 GPA. Paying full attention in class was 3/4 of making it through school with a decent GPA. I'm sure it would have been a little harder at Clemson but, I wasn't smart enough to get into Clemson. Not paying full attention in class in HS, I fully understand was the reason I couldn't have gotten into Clemson. If we were only allowed to re-live our first 20 years of life, there would be a lot of very smart people in this world. But we probably would have already blown us all to h&ll by now!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I spent my spare time in TTT***

Jan 9, 2014, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: General Update: Clemson Athletics Announces Student Attendance Rewards Program ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: General Update: Clemson Athletics Announces Student Attendance Rewards Program ]

If you were smart enough to get into Clemson. I think that Clemson student are or should be smart enough to keep their grades up while allowing personal time to attend their school athletic events. These college age kids minds are at the point to take in just about anything you can throw at them with great success. And still have time for entertainment. Don't sell these college kids short, their minds are ripe for learning if they really want to learn. But the worst thing for them would be to get burnt out in the books. When that happens, the reset button may not be enough to get them re-interested in their main goal. And that is to graduate with the best GPA possible for them. All books without a side interest to relax the mind isn't good. All work and no play has been proven to be bad/not good for all ages of people, young, middle age, old, and older!!! Wishing the very best for your daughter. And hoping she graduates from Clemson and getting everything that she went there for. And I feel sure she will even with taking in a few athletic events. Gooooo Tigersssss, beat FSU tonight!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2014, 7:24 PM

They have a program like this at UNC which helps make sure the most active athletic supporters get the best seats. For them its mostly centered around basketball so if you want good seats for some of their bigger games (or sometimes seats at all) you have to attend other sports like volleyball or womens bball in order to build enough points

Here is a novel idea...

Jan 8, 2014, 9:34 PM

Now I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, but...

What if you gave ticket priority to the students who actually attend the games themselves (have a special gate that students must go through and check their electronic photo ID to the ticket). Every game they actually attend builds "all in" points and they go closer to the top of the priority list as they build points.

Because students want to sit

Jan 8, 2014, 10:24 PM

with their friends. If students can't sit with the friends they come with then they just won't go. Tough issue to solve...

More tickets for the public then...

Jan 8, 2014, 10:44 PM

The student section is fairly contained. They can figure out who sits where once they get in! It ain't that hard!

Re: Because students want to sit

Jan 9, 2014, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Because students want to sit ]

Exactly!!! The best friend today at that age, may not be the best friend tomorrow.

I'm thinking this may be a test run for just that

Jan 9, 2014, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Here is a novel idea... ]

There are going to be some initial bugs and issues with this. They may be taking a season or two to try it out, get things settled, and see how it goes. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start using the points for ticket prioritization in the future.

How to fix basketball attendance

Jan 9, 2014, 9:13 AM

Put the student seating back on one side of the court instead of at both ends.

THEORETICALLY they could get more money by selling those tickets and putting students on either end (which is why they switched to the way it is now) but the entire game atmosphere and environment for/from students is DRAMATICALLY better if you put all of the students together on one side.

I was really irritated when they killed the atmosphere for a money move like that. Move them back, fix the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Winning helps***

Jan 9, 2014, 1:56 PM

Jan 9, 2014, 1:10 PM

At 62 I will never in this life time be eligible for the point program. But I think its awesome for the ones that are. Good job for trying to get more students to the games athletic department....

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic