Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Bryant: "It's been a wild ride, but it's been a good ride"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Bryant: "It's been a wild ride, but it's been a good ride"

Jan 8, 2014, 11:20 PM

Bryant: "It's been a wild ride, but it's been a good ride"

Junior wide receiver Martavis Bryant announced earlier this week that he would forego his senior season to turn professional. In this interview with TigerNet, he talks about his reasons, his conversation with his mother and the Clemson coaches, and his thoughts on Clemson's receivers next season. Photo by Steve Mitchell / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish you the best!***

Jan 8, 2014, 11:28 PM

Understand providing for his family, but it's only 1 season

Jan 9, 2014, 12:22 AM

we are talking about. If he continued to work, he'd have great numbers, and a better deal.

Guess he has to do what he feels is right,

Best of luck.

Re: Understand providing for his family, but it's only 1 season

Jan 9, 2014, 12:39 PM

We do not know what kind of season he would have next year nor whether he would improve his draft stock... sometimes it goes down. I think Boyd's is lower this year than last year. I expect him to go in the 3rd round this year last year it was second or late first round.
If he is ready for the combine and works hard Bryant might still make the 2nd round... he is fast and he is tall.

No arguments from me about any of his points.

Jan 9, 2014, 12:24 AM

He's right that there isn't a huge void left because of the talent that is still here. We loose a little on the experience side, though.

It sounds like he is serious about putting family as his first priority. No way I'll criticize that.

Good luck to him and his family!

Re: Front Page Story: Bryant: "It's been a wild ride, but it's been a good ride"

Jan 9, 2014, 12:25 AM

thanks and best of luck MB,

PS watch out for those gold diggers

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN! they are going to come at you from every turn! GOOD

Jan 9, 2014, 6:20 AM

LUCK!!

Re: Front Page Story: Bryant: "It's been a wild ride, but it's been a good ride"

Jan 9, 2014, 12:46 AM

MB did a good job learning from his mistakes and rebounding from them. Good luck and best wishes!

We have all read and heard stories throughout our lives of

Jan 9, 2014, 5:06 AM

young men and women who made difficult decisions regarding careers in order to support their families.

Some of us no doubt have done the same. Thus, I admire Bryant for having the courage and heart to take that next step, and I support him 100%.

I wish him good luck and thank him for his contributions to Clemson. He is and will remain a Clemson brother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Talent! Thank You Coaches!

Jan 9, 2014, 7:08 AM

Best play of the bowl game - he is a great talent. Here's to you MB, have a great NFL career and remember the tigers! Our coaches make me proud to be a tiger alum - with all the pressure to win they still put the kid above everything - THANK YOU!!!

Congrats MB and Best of Luck in NFL! Tiger for life!***

Jan 9, 2014, 8:29 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats MB and Best of Luck in NFL! Tiger for life!***

Jan 9, 2014, 11:29 AM

I enjoyed watching you play...thanks and Good luck in the NFL!!!

Do well young man. Clemson thanks you.***

Jan 9, 2014, 9:18 AM

I hope I'm wrong but

Jan 9, 2014, 9:27 AM

I think he will be jobless this time next year and nothing to fall back on

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Hope he works with the right coaches between now and Pro

Jan 9, 2014, 10:00 AM

Day. He is very unpolished and inconsistent. Very talented but lacks polish, great route running, and discipline.

Re: I hope I'm wrong but

Jan 9, 2014, 12:43 PM [ in reply to I hope I'm wrong but ]

MB will make a roster slot next year.... The question in my mind is where will he be drafted, it will depend on his work ethic between now and the draft and the team interviews.
I am not confident of his ability to run routes and get open ... not like Nuk or Sammy.

Clemson Nation wishes you all the best!

Jan 9, 2014, 9:35 AM

Thanks for the memories....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not buying the 'family' thing

Jan 9, 2014, 9:54 AM

Thats too easy, and helps him avoid criticism. Still some immaturity here. His family probably does need money, but they made it this far. Somehow his mother made it to the O. Bowl. Something else doesnt smell right - the coaches must be ready to see him go, in the name of 'rebuilding'. I'm sure they want Watson to bond with one of the younger recievers. Otherwise they would be all over this. Next year is in the process of being written off. This is sad.

I hear ya, and you may be right. All accounts though are

Jan 9, 2014, 10:17 AM

that his family is relatively poor and he has a kid.

How does mom get to the OB? Who knows.

Splurging 700 on an OB visit is no indication of wealth or poverty though.

Think about having a kid with no job. That's a problem.

Long term though, he will be much better off with a degree and he should have stayed.

Re: I hear ya, and you may be right. All accounts though are

Jan 9, 2014, 12:11 PM

He doesn't have one kid, he has two and with two different baby mommas. Sure tey are all over him to turn pro.
Hope he gets a decient advisor. This looks like another horror story in the making......

Re: Not buying the 'family' thing

Jan 9, 2014, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Not buying the 'family' thing ]

MB is not selling the 'family thing'. MB is a grown man and has to make grown up decisions. He has made one, I will encourage him to succeed at it and so should you and the Clemson coaches!

This is not a 'grown up decision'

Jan 9, 2014, 7:36 PM

21-years old is still full of stupid; I know, I was one.
One or two kids already = bad decision(s)
Did something bad enough to miss C.F. Bowl = bad decision
Leaving after one sortofproductive year = bad decision
(Most likely) not getting a degree = bad decision
Suddenly now he is making a 'grown up decision'?
I like our coaches, but what we are not hearing speaks volumes. I hope Martavis makes it in the NFL, but the signs are not good. Dabo and co. should have jerked a knot in him for his own good. If he is that talented, he could get some insurance next year in case of injury. If he is not that good, then this is definitely a bad decision.

That's a lot of self-rightegous judgment in one post.

Jan 9, 2014, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Not buying the 'family' thing ]

I have to stand back and simply appreciate the sheer sackitude...

Finally, if the guy has the skills to work, and is willing to work, we should be celebrating his industriousness.

This is all nice but he would've been a much earlier pick

Jan 9, 2014, 10:34 AM

Next year. That one year of impatience will probably cost him a lot more than he realizes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2014, 10:37 AM

I hope he does well, of course, but I have my doubts. He has the size and speed, but a big glaring weakness is his pass catching ability. He has a tendency to catch the ball with his body...leading to dropped passes. VERY bad habit. Mike Williams will be the "go to" guy next year IMO. If Chad Kelly wins the starting job our offense could look a lot like Auburns did this year though, less throwing more running.

Great One-Handed catch in the Clemson end zone #1...ThX!

Jan 9, 2014, 10:43 AM

Helped Our TiGER TEAM to victory...so YES, you can leave now MB.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant vs Peake.

Jan 9, 2014, 10:41 AM

Hmmm... if Peake is healthy, does Bryant get the PT and exposure? Maybe not.

Peake returns next year, does that put Bryant back on the shelf? Maybe so.

I wish Bryant the best... and think he is striking while the iron is hot.

All the best, and THANK YOU!!

Jan 9, 2014, 1:53 PM

I wish this kid the best. All he has to do is go to the combine and put up great numbers and he could easily be a second round pick in this draft. Look at how those receivers from Ga Tech (Thomas and Hill) went to the combine and raised hell after playing in the triple option and both got drafted in the first round. One more year of playing with an unproven QB, which both Kelly and Stoudt are could ruin his stock even more and he runs the risk of getting injured. I think he's striking while the iron is hot and he's fresh on the minds of scouts and GMs after the Orange Bowl.

"If you're going to give me 110 percent, you can rub that rock. If you're not, keep your filthy hands off it."

Jan 9, 2014, 2:17 PM

Sounds like he is doing what he thinks is best for his family and for himself, and he knows his team will be fine, too. Thankful for his contributions. He was a fun player to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Martavis for being a Tiger. Wish you all the success

Jan 9, 2014, 8:07 PM

in the NFL and life in general. God bless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2014, 9:25 PM

Also wish him the best, but he would have benefited financially with one more CFB year, I think he knows that. Must have needed the money now, cannot say I know his circumstances. Again, hope he does well, he is tall, gifted and fast, he should make a nice living in the NFL.

Jan 9, 2014, 9:54 PM

I thought he had two kids but I was told today he has three. Either way, he doesn't show much maturity by having two or three kids with different mothers at this time in his life. Hopefully, he will become more responsible in the very near future. I'm actually more concerned for his kids than I am him at this point.

Jan 10, 2014, 9:21 AM

A lesson to be learned for all young people. Education comes first over romance and sex. Just think had he used good judgment he could have been the "man" next year. His face would have been all over ESPN as Clemson's leading receiver, maybe the ACC leading receive and maybe even the nations. He would have been a first rounder next year guaranteeing him millions. An investment that his NFL team could not take for granted, and he would have gotten first looks every time in every play. Now he is going to go in a high round pick, and all the first round picks will get the looks. The NFL team will have a low investment and his probability of making a team will be equally as low. One more year Bryant and you would have been set for life. I hope this is not a bad life choice piled on top of other poor choices.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic