Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN's Way Too Early Preseason Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN's Way Too Early Preseason Top 25

Jan 7, 2014, 4:54 PM

ESPN's Way Too Early Preseason Top 25

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN's Way Too Early Preseason Top 25

Jan 7, 2014, 5:00 PM

to put in context Schlabach is still pouting about his Bulldogs getting beaten by the Tigers this past season. I'm going to love it if we do it again

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2014, 5:11 PM

I guess SEC schools are the only ones that reload. I have a lot of confidence in our QB's. They will add more running to this offense and make it more difficult to defend. We may be better at that position. Our WR's are going to be just fine. You cannot replace Sammy, but there are a lot of programs that would be happy with Humphries, Hopper, Peake, Mike Williams and if Leggett lives up to potential him at TE. Not to mention we have two more four star WR's recruited right now.

I bet there are certain WR's at UF that are kicking their own ### right now for being stupid, but regardless, I think we will be just fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2014, 5:35 PM

I don't think analyst have "who we losing" problem more so of "who you got" answer. And we have a lot more answers than questions next year. I think out biggest concern is in the defensive backfield. I am certain that it is going to be fine I just don't know what we got. Spring session will sort all that.

Jan 7, 2014, 5:43 PM

I like this list a whole lot!

Breeland and Robinson are the only ones we lose.

21 Adrian Baker CB 6-1/170 Freshman HS Hollywood, FL English
17 Bashaud Breeland CB 6-0/195 Junior (RS) 2VL Allendale, SC Rec, Sport & Camp Mgmt
14 Martin Jenkins CB 5-10/180 Junior (RS) 2VL Roswell, GA Sociology
38 C.J. Jones CB 6-0/185 Senior (RS) SQ Lincolnton, GA Graphics Communications
26 Garry Peters CB 6-0/195 Junior (RS) 2VL Conyers, GA Sociology
8 Darius Robinson CB 5-10/175 Senior 3VL College Park, GA Rec, Sport & Camp Mgmt

2 MacKensie Alexander DB 5-11/185 Freshman HS Immokalee, FL Pre-Business
11 Travis Blanks DB 6-0/190 Sophomore 1VL Tallahassee, FL Sociology
31 Ryan Carter DB 5-10/175 Freshman HS Grayson, GA Pre-Business
29 Marcus Edmond DB 6-1/180 Freshman HS Hopkins, SC General Engineering
15 Ronald Geohaghan DB 6-0/185 Freshman (RS) RS Orangeburg, SC Sociology
18 Jadar Johnson DB 6-1/180 Freshman HS Orangeburg, SC General Engineering
25 Cordrea Tankersley DB 6-1/190 Freshman HS Beech Island, SC Undeclared
12 Korrin Wiggins DB 6-1/185 Freshman HS Durham, NC Health Science

49 Beau Brown S 6-0/195 Sophomore (RS) SQ Beaufort, SC Environmental Engineering
20 Jayron Kearse S 6-4/205 Freshman HS Fort Myers, FL Communication Studies
27 Robert Smith S 5-10/210 Junior 2VL St. George, SC Health Science
30 Taylor Watson S 5-10/205 Junior (RS) 1VL Simpsonville, SC Civil Engineering
36 Jerrodd Williams S 6-0/205 Senior (RS) 1VL Central, SC Management

Message was edited by: LKN Tiger®

Jan 7, 2014, 8:17 PM

20 DB'S on Clemson Team and not ONE of them could cover Ellington or Roland. I think Kearse was a 5 star recruit and played like a 2 star. Clemson coaches might be the problem. 5 n a row by 10 points or more and 6 is knocking on the Kitty door.

You guys looked pathetic against TN

Jan 7, 2014, 8:34 PM

What's your point? You lost to an un-ranked dumpster fire of a team.

Re: You guys looked pathetic against TN

Jan 7, 2014, 10:16 PM

Hey, they beat Fla @ home by 5 against Fla's 5 string QB. That makes them a true #4 team in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys looked pathetic against TN

Jan 8, 2014, 12:32 PM [ in reply to You guys looked pathetic against TN ]

and you lost by double digits to the team that lost to an unranked dumpster fire of a team. good point though.

Look how many of those are fresh

Jan 7, 2014, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN's Way Too Early Preseason Top 25 ]

soph or did not even play, ########

Jan 7, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN's Way Too Early Preseason Top 25 ]

Tell-em coot. Stars don't mean jack chit once they enter practice at the college level. And I thought even a coot knew that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did we lose a gamechanger in the secondary this year?

Jan 7, 2014, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN's Way Too Early Preseason Top 25 ]

Yeah, I didn't think so either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did we lose a gamechanger in the secondary this year?

Jan 7, 2014, 7:50 PM

There will be plenty on depth at the safety positions. (Blank,Smith,Johnson,Kearse,Tank?,etc.) Competition at these positions should make the competitors better going into the fall. We need to be lobbying for some quick, hard hitting, closing, shutdown corners this spring. View the corners play from this year Sugar Bowl. The door is wide open for anyone considering themselves a confident, aggressive shutdown corner.

The only SEC team i really have a beef with there is A&M

Jan 7, 2014, 8:53 PM

I think they are going to struggle next, and don't belong in the preseason top 25.

I wouldn't have Florida in it either. They will have the talent to be there, but they've gotta prove it after going 4-8. The offense stunk last year even before Driskel got hurt.

Re: The only SEC team i really have a beef with there is A&M

Jan 8, 2014, 9:26 AM

*If* Florida's new OC pans out (i.e. Muschamp stays out of his way and lets him do his job), they might get to 8-4.

Remember back in the day when Tommy was on the hot seat, and some T-Net'ers were suggesting Will Muschamp as a possible replacement? I shudder at the thought.

What???

Jan 8, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to The only SEC team i really have a beef with there is A&M ]

Iowa and UNC belong ahead of us? Who out of the top 25 would you pick to do better than us? This has to be Josh Kendall tnet.

Phatkat just a troll!

Jan 7, 2014, 8:54 PM

Don't mind the troll! If u suck likes history now ( the thumb) embrace it! The future is ours. He can take his thumb and I'll raise him two hands and feet times three and my #%£^ times five! That's 65 for you degenerate red neck who refers himself to my ¥£€^!

Jan 7, 2014, 10:06 PM

Coots have to replace a few also plus Shaw and Ellington. ESECPN wouldn't be bias this early in a new season, would they;)

Jan 8, 2014, 3:05 PM

Just crazy the love for the coots and several others losing significant players in the "way to early 2014 rankings" compared to the Tigers.

The coots for an example, lose their winningest QB ever(who like it or not was very underrated), one of the best DE in the game and definitely the best they have ever had, their best DT, and several others yet they are considered to reload and remain ranked very high.

Guess the Tigers will just have to show them by winning and moving up.

and what i don't understand

Jan 7, 2014, 11:30 PM

Is how in the h**l Carolina (the real one) is ranked higher than us don't they lose a QB too? Who is on their D. I sworn when I looked @ the replay of the USuCk game they looked like a SCHS class 1-A football team,not to mention they choked againist G-Tech. Oh well.... they're coming to the valley and going to get butts kicked anyway so ''early'' 2014 rankings won't matter...

No worries about UNC....

Jan 8, 2014, 9:18 AM

...the next time they live up to even the modest amount of hype they get will be the first time.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic