Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Clemson announces Bryant, Breeland will turn pro
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Clemson announces Bryant, Breeland will turn pro

Jan 6, 2014, 5:26 PM

Clemson announces Bryant, Breeland will turn pro

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Underclassmen

Jan 6, 2014, 6:06 PM

This many JR's turning pro with as many as 3 positions involved SHOILD be appealing to big recruits. It makes a statement we are DEVELOPING players for the pros at several positions. I've often heard some schools recruit talent but don't have the staff to help them reach maximum potential.
Very proud of everyone involved with the football program.

Re: Football Player Update: Clemson announces Bryant, Breeland will turn pro

Jan 6, 2014, 6:10 PM

Why Breeland? Is he ready? Should have come back to school IMO, would have bettered his draft.

best of luck guys...

Jan 6, 2014, 8:37 PM

But HUGE mistake for both

Re: best of luck guys...

Jan 7, 2014, 2:41 PM

I agree. Big mistake for both. Neither ready for the NFL, and both could have greatly benefited from another year at Clemson.

NFL means "Not For Long" for these 2 guys---awful decisions

Jan 6, 2014, 8:44 PM

I don't know who is 'mentoring' these guys...must be their future "posse" who plan on being their Klingons. I see it as an opportunity for the young guns to step up & into action next year.

Martavis bryant has 2 children to support and has had

Jan 6, 2014, 11:21 PM

academic trouble since before he arrived in clemson. I can't blame him at all he's going to be a hell of a receiver in the nfl. Supporting children while attending class and playing collegiate football is a daunting task to say the least. I think he made the best decision for himself and his young family and saying a receiver with his stature and athletic ability would be unsuccessful in the nfl clearly hasn't seen the kid play.

Re: Martavis bryant has 2 children to support and has had

Jan 6, 2014, 11:26 PM

I think with the risk of injury that it is smart to turn pro as soon as you have a decent opportunity.

^this^

Jan 6, 2014, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Martavis bryant has 2 children to support and has had ]

Point for you.

I'd love to have him back and I think he'll be better with another year at Clemson. But, when you're talking about putting food on the table... a man's gotta make a man's decision. Good for him. I wish him the best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^this^

Jan 7, 2014, 2:49 PM

To put food on the table, you've got to make a team. The NFL is long on results and short on compassion. I wish him the best, but I'd hate to have to bet on his chances at th is point.

Re: ^this^

Jan 7, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to ^this^ ]

A young family is all the motivation in the world.

speaking of making good decisions, maybe he should have

Jan 7, 2014, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Martavis bryant has 2 children to support and has had ]

waited a few years to start a family.

Re: Martavis bryant has 2 children to support and has had

Jan 7, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Martavis bryant has 2 children to support and has had ]

I've seen him play. No one doubts his potential (as yet unfulfilled). He made "Honorable Mention" in the ACC---not even third team. And he's ready to light up the NFL?? Hello. He's gotten some really bad advice.

I feel the same, I really like MB and sincerely wish him the

Jan 8, 2014, 11:09 AM

best but I have seen countless young men go a year earlier than they should have only to be never heard from again. This is THE biggest life decision they have ever made and a mistake is a lifetime mistake. I wish all of our Tigers the best of luck!

Agree Completely!***

Jan 7, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to NFL means "Not For Long" for these 2 guys---awful decisions ]

nm

God bless you Tay, as a Tiger and TL Hanna fan I'm Proud of

Jan 7, 2014, 9:00 AM

ya. you made the right choice, and I can't wait to pull for ya next year. ( as long as you aren't a Cowboy)

Re: God bless you Tay, as a Tiger and TL Hanna fan I'm Proud of

Jan 7, 2014, 8:15 PM

Hopefully he will get a great and well rounded trainer for the combine.

Re: Football Player Update: Clemson announces Bryant, Breeland will turn pro

Jan 7, 2014, 9:44 AM

Good luck Tigers!

best of luck gentlemen

Jan 7, 2014, 10:59 AM

I sincerely hope your nfl dreams come true. Looks like cherone peake will be carrying the load next year. G-hop will need to step it up, but Williams showed a lot of potential this year. Tight end should be a lot better next season as well.

Best to both of you at the Combine

Jan 7, 2014, 8:33 PM

Work your a$$es off and get ready ... Then continue work hard towards your degrees in offseason - it will pay off financially and in intangibles even with pro $$$.

Martavis has a BIG opportunity ahead with a lot of film study, running and lifting over the next few months and years. Opportunities not available at Clemson.

Mr. Breeland - I hope you have equal or better speed and coverage skills than Gilchrist, Sensabaugh and Maxwell. You should know. Best of luck to both of you and will look forward to pulling for you on Sundays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic