Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers stick to the plan, let Boyd drive the bus to BCS bowl win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers stick to the plan, let Boyd drive the bus to BCS bowl win

Jan 5, 2014, 8:12 AM

Tigers stick to the plan, let Boyd drive the bus to BCS bowl win

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris told Roderick McDowell that Friday's win happened because the players stuck to the game plan, and part of that plan was letting quarterback Tajh Boyd drive the bus to the win.Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers stick to the plan, let Boyd drive the bus to BCS bowl win

Jan 5, 2014, 8:23 AM

First of all, Rod is from Sumter, SC. Next, 10 players on offense followed the plan. One player had his own agenda. You guys fill in the blank.

but you were doing so well. esplain plox?***

Jan 5, 2014, 8:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers stick to the plan, let Boyd drive the bus to BCS bowl win

Jan 5, 2014, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers stick to the plan, let Boyd drive the bus to BCS bowl win ]

I am not good at feeling in the lines so explain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 9:14 AM

filling

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers stick to the plan, let Boyd drive the bus to BCS bowl win ]

First, remove that player, second, insert Stout or Kelly(both nice young men), but we lose by 15 points.... think about that for awhile

I really hate that 'play or two away from ...

Jan 5, 2014, 8:57 AM

playing for a national championship' stuff

It was a really really good year. The Orange bowl win was HUGE for the program after the LAST Orange Bowl and awful performances.... but we are no where near national champ level yet.

Now if Morris and Venables stay.... who knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was talking about Ohio State being a play or two away

Jan 5, 2014, 9:00 AM

and he's right about that.

So I was thinking something more like this...

Jan 5, 2014, 10:02 AM

Dear Tajh, Though it was disappointing to not beat Sc the last few years, I would like to say thanks. Thanks for the first acc championship in 20 years. Thanks for beating teams we should beat. Thanks for the BCS win. Thanks for knocking out the fake tigers from LSU. Thanks for knocking out GA and auburn. All of which was not happening before you came here. So here's to you for helping get our Tigers out of the dark age of mediocrity. Good luck in the Draft!

wrong

Jan 5, 2014, 10:54 AM

McDowell is from Sumter. not Florence.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First school to beat top ten teams in bowl play?

Jan 5, 2014, 11:40 AM

Didn't Alabama and USC Do that in their national championship games?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reading comprehension issues?

Jan 5, 2014, 11:54 AM

In each of the last 2 seasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Reading comprehension issues?

Jan 5, 2014, 12:32 PM

I love Tajh, we would not have won as many games w/o him. No way, no how.

I will NOT, however, miss his boneheaded plays in big games! Why didn't he listen to his coach [Morris] and keep the ball in his hands and keep the clock moving?

NOBODY is perfect. Ever made a mistake??***

Jan 5, 2014, 11:56 PM

Re: Reading comprehension issues?

Jan 5, 2014, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Reading comprehension issues? ]

We sure as hell can come come up with some statistics can't we????? lol GO TIgers!!

That's why we have sports information. I know it will

Jan 5, 2014, 11:57 PM

surprise you but EVERY school comes up with these stats, EVERYONE.

And so the Q begs and remains:

Jan 5, 2014, 12:37 PM

then what happened at USC?

coaches will talk like this after the big win, but have offered nothing following the USC game.

And most have just allowed the turnover excuse and accepted it.

Time to move on***

Jan 5, 2014, 1:44 PM

Turnovers, they have mentioned it NUMEROUS times.***

Jan 6, 2014, 12:00 AM [ in reply to And so the Q begs and remains: ]

Some people cannot read &

Jan 5, 2014, 1:34 PM

and comprehend what they are reading. Some don't want to. Some will not be happy no matter what. Thank you, Tajh. Good luck in the future. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can understand Coot fans not being able to comprehend

Jan 5, 2014, 1:47 PM

since most of them didn't graduate from high school, but you'd hope that Clemson fans were a cut above that.

Well said. A lot of posters are so locked in with their

Jan 6, 2014, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Some people cannot read & ]

thoughts, that that is what they read incorrectly.

Jan 5, 2014, 1:58 PM

Why are you guys so negative? It has been a great season for the Clemson nation regardless of the losses. Best one I have seen in a long time. If you can't appreciate this team and coaches, do something else. Go outside and rake leaves or shovel snow or something. Me thinks you are South Carolina fans.

Jan 5, 2014, 3:10 PM

Agree Lee...I've sat in the rain and watched the Tarheels go up and down death valley back in the 70's...11 - 2?? I'll take any day.

Jan 5, 2014, 3:13 PM
bl Old bus.jpg(272.4 K)

Oh it did not make it.

Jan 5, 2014, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers stick to the plan, let Boyd drive the bus to BCS bowl win ]

I've been screaming that point for a while now. A lot of the younger fans, "and some of the older ones," have forgotten what it was like in the Ken Hatfield, Tommy West years. I'm really enjoying these double digit win seasons. A lot of the dumpers are also coots from cooterville as well.

Jan 5, 2014, 5:12 PM

I agree.. Hooooray for double digits wins!!!! I was there on campus the day they fired Danny Ford. I stood on the presidents front lawn in protest with 300 others..... I have been waiting on these days for a long time. Make no mistake, regardless of what talking heads on TV say, Clemson is experiencing some fine football. I remember the Ken Hatfield, Tommy West years!!!!

Jan 5, 2014, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers stick to the plan, let Boyd drive the bus to BCS bowl win ]

I remember it as well. The Tigers were the #3 team in the country in winning % from 81-90 and a top 5 program in the country from 1977 to 1990 - 15 years! Let that sink in for a second. From there we dropped to several losing seasons the worst of which was a 3-8 season in 98 in less than a decade. To many either weren't alive or have simply forgotten what a dumpster fire the program sank to after Ford was fired.

It has taken 20 years to get back to this point while the the Tigers still have several goals to achieve, the first and foremost IMO is beating the coots and restoring order to the state, I am happy with our progress. I am tickled to death to have won 32 games in the last 3 years, have won back to back bowl games over top ten teams, and be back in the national conversation again.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic