Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Report: Clemson DB to enter NFL Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Report: Clemson DB to enter NFL Draft

Jan 4, 2014, 11:15 PM

Report: Clemson DB to enter NFL Draft

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he's ready, but best of luck!***

Jan 4, 2014, 11:18 PM

If true, I wish him the best of luck***

Jan 4, 2014, 11:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heres to a fast 40 and good interview good luck!***

Jan 4, 2014, 11:20 PM

But.....

Jan 4, 2014, 11:20 PM

"Plans" change.

WISH NCAA MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO LEAVE EARLY

Jan 4, 2014, 11:48 PM

EDUCATION IS HUGE THE WAY THE WORLD IS THESE DAYS SO IT DEFINITELY WOULDN'T HURT TO MAKE PLAYERS STAY 4 YEARS.

LOL, how would you possibly enforce that

Jan 4, 2014, 11:50 PM

The NCAA can only control who they sanction to play in their league, they can't very well force folks to stay and play a fourth year.

That would be a function of the pro-league, and I can't imagine they have any reason to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL, how would you possibly enforce that

Jan 5, 2014, 9:15 AM

But the NCAA could put in a rule that if a player leaves the school for any professional sports league. All money the college has invested in that student to be paid back in full from the professional contract. And if the student athletes enter a draft before they have graduated and ends up not drafted. He/she will still be responsible to pay the college back for all money invested under the same rule as grants. It shouldn't be made easy for these athletes to waste/throw away the money colleges has invested in them on a gambled chance to play a professional sport, when a college degree will help them in their future. Such rules should and must be put in place to protect the student athlete and the college investment into the future of student athletes. The big money dreams of professional sports has already caused fail futures of many college athletic students. There surely needs to be a clause to better help protect both the athlete and the college. Athletes should get their degree, its free. Then take a chance to play professional sports. If they fail in sports, they have a college degree that will help better their future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm all for your idea IF we start paying the players...

Jan 5, 2014, 9:48 AM

At some point the Tahj Boyd's and Sammy Watkins of the world should be paid for the millions in revenue they bring in merchandise sales alone.

I feel as though we are already exploiting these athletes financially. We can't further do it by requiring them to pay back the scholarship. Seriously? We should be thanking these guys for the millions upon millions of dollars brought into our university and the joy they have brought each of us.

Re: I'm all for your idea IF we start paying the players...

Jan 5, 2014, 10:27 AM

paying the players is an idea that will break college athletics.. the "nags" and all these "women`s libbers" will demand pay for their players also and this is just impossible!!if football is eliminated from title(should have never been included to start) then maybe bit NOOOOOOOOOOOO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think many people remember when a freshman was not

Jan 5, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL, how would you possibly enforce that ]

allowed to play on the main team their 1st year. For you youngsters, yes there was JV or freshman teams at most colleges that actually played a schedule against each other. I too think this leaving early is a bad idea, you can fail in the NFL, but you would still have that degree to help you the rest of your life.

good post allorangeallthetime52®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2014, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL, how would you possibly enforce that ]

How is the college throwing away/wasting money on a student-athlete when they got 3 years of NFL-level talent out of him?
Do you think Clemson wasted money by giving Sammy Watkins a scholarship?

Jan 6, 2014, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL, how would you possibly enforce that ]

I wonder if T. Smith was a victim of such temptation.

You gotta be kidding me

Jan 4, 2014, 11:22 PM

Who is giving these kids advice anyway? Breeland definitely needs another year. He's a good shutdown corner, but he could be a GREAT one if he got better.

He has had plenty of playing time in his college career...

Jan 4, 2014, 11:30 PM

Could another year help him? Yes, but at this point that extra year won't make that much of a difference in how he does in the NFL. This is different from Martavis Bryant, who has only seen significant playing time this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get your point, but remember...

Jan 5, 2014, 12:03 AM

He was injured for a good part of 2012 and thus wasn't able to get the full extent of his playing time. Not to mention, he just isn't going to have a lot of hype around him. This year he was obviously the best player in Clemson's secondary. If he comes back next year he can cemement that title (especially since I see us relying more on the defense next year).

Plus, our DBs played a lot better this year under the new secondary coach. I think he needs another year to learn from Reed, since that appeared to help him and the rest of the back end this year.

Not to mention, more practices, senior bowl, etc. For a guy like Breeland that is right on the edge of glory, this could be the difference between a good paycheck and a GREAT paycheck.

Re: I get your point, but remember...

Jan 5, 2014, 9:19 AM

And it also mean the difference in a great pay check and the food stamp line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for 3 great years, Good luck ...

Jan 4, 2014, 11:22 PM

in the NFL. You were a lockdown corner for us this year and held the secondary together.

Re: Thank you for 3 great years, Good luck ...

Jan 6, 2014, 1:49 AM

As a former DB, I've had growing pains watching Clemson's Dbs covering receivers for the past 3+yrs. What's your definition of a lockdown corner.

Peters alexander wiggins Jenkins along

Jan 4, 2014, 11:24 PM

With all the RS's

Re: And Baker***

Jan 5, 2014, 4:07 AM

Good luck BB. Next man up!!!***

Jan 4, 2014, 11:25 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Football Player Update: Report: Clemson DB to enter NFL Draft

Jan 4, 2014, 11:27 PM

There you go Mackenzie. Man up and pay football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Allendale, SC has produced a bunch of talent over the years***

Jan 4, 2014, 11:28 PM

didn't see this one coming

Jan 4, 2014, 11:59 PM

not sure i get this one

beasley, watkins definitely should go

tay bryant and step hone anthony can't blame them, will be top 4 rd picks

corey crawford not ready

breeland? really. um, okay. 6th-7th rounder at best

I live two counties over from Allendale Co.

Jan 5, 2014, 12:38 AM

It is a very poor county, possibly the poorest in SC. Chances are he didn't grow up with a lot. Go make your money, son. Thanks for being a Tiger. I wish you the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is probably thinking about more than himself

Jan 5, 2014, 10:06 AM

as in his family...

Surprising..but may make sense in the next few months..

Jan 5, 2014, 12:41 AM

Considering Alexander has been non able to play all season and the fact they may know how good that kid really is, might not even notice this one....and for Breeland, may be best to move on during a season he was talked about and noticed. Better than staying another year, alexander come on strong, and he would have had better odds. Keep in mind, they haven't said where these guys graded, so he might have had a better grade than we'd be thinking.

All I can say if it's the case, good luck and thanks for your time here as a Tiger!!!!

Dumb

Jan 5, 2014, 1:45 AM

For two years he was the guy everybody looked to throw at. You're not ready for NFL after one decent year

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?

Jan 5, 2014, 3:37 AM

The things some of you guys say are just idiotic. I want all of our best players to stay here and play until there eligibility runs out like the next guy. But to call a kid dumb for wanting to take the next step in his life/career after what they've contributed to this team only shows how dumb YOU are! Good luck to any underclassmen who feel they are ready to move on regardless of what some of you fools think!

One of the most under-rated players on our team

Jan 5, 2014, 3:45 AM

I thought Breeland played better than Sensabaugh when Breeland was still a freshman. And Sensabaugh was a 4th round pick in the NFL. We will miss him a lot. Best of luck Baushad.

Next man up! Thank you for your contributions BB.***

Jan 5, 2014, 8:29 AM

Reminded me a little of Duane Coleman

Jan 5, 2014, 9:42 AM

He let some some plays get by him but he was a little on the mean side. We really needed that on D. He wasn't afraid to get a penalty to get in someone's head. Of course he never punched a Tennessee player in the mouth and knocked out a sc player during a brawl like Duane Coleman did! But played hard none the less.

He was the only good player in secondary for most of the

Jan 5, 2014, 10:04 AM

year. Losing him is going to hurt a bit.

bryant projected round 2-3, breeland projected round 3-4...

Jan 9, 2014, 1:09 AM

Wish them both the best of luck, but those projections just seem to high to me. Bryant is all potential and can't see a team taking that early a flyer on a guy who proved virtually nothing at the college level. Was surprised at breeland ranking also

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic