Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: First and Orange - Tuesday edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: First and Orange - Tuesday edition

Dec 31, 2013, 12:16 PM

First and Orange - Tuesday edition

News and notes from Tuesday morning's interview sessions. How is word of sickness on the Ohio St. squad affecting Clemson's preparations? What did Brent Venables say to a reporter who asked him about the Orange Bowl two years ago? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have time to do interviews? Shouldn't they be breaking

Dec 31, 2013, 12:56 PM

down film or doing something constructive?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have time to do interviews? Shouldn't they be breaking

Dec 31, 2013, 1:24 PM

My thoughts exactly! I haven't seen OSU doing interviews!
I heard WVU did nothing but watch film and practice 24 hours a day and we know know how that turned out! ;)

Re: They have time to do interviews? Shouldn't they be breaking

Dec 31, 2013, 10:57 PM [ in reply to They have time to do interviews? Shouldn't they be breaking ]

1) Unlike even last year, the team had to sit and look at film. Now, as of the beginning of summer camp, they use a form of tablet or iPad and they can sit up all night and analyze film whenever they want. So it is less time in a film room and more time working on what was studied on film. Technology at work for the greater good.

2) WVa took time and Ohio State are taking time to do interviews. Even in this article a OSU offensive lineman is talking about how he hasn't seen the likes of a Vic Beasley in the Big 10. Same for a CB speaking about WR corps like Clemson.

3) Spending time speaking to the media gives them all the opportunity to relax and reflect. The last thing we want is a team uptight about playing Ohio State.

Hood...

Dec 31, 2013, 1:51 PM

Love your articles, but you should hire me as your editor. I see close to this many edits in almost every article...

1. “First of Orange” - should be “First and Orange”.
2. “…faced in the Big Ten.” - missing quotations at end of paragraph.
3. “…a lot of fun.” – missing quotations at end of paragraph.
4. “…to stop people.” – missing quotations at end of paragraph.
5. “…Kenny Guyton the offense… “ - missing comma after “Guyton”.
6. “…wants to break the Orange Bowl rushing the record or 206 yards…” – the word “the” should be deleted.
7. “…record or 206 yards…” – the word “or” should be “of”.
8. “…beating 226…” – either 206 or 226 is a typo or Hyde is wrong.
9. “…when I was you know…” – missing comma after “was”.
10. “…Black Cats.” – missing quotations at end of paragraph.
11. “…very good good, productive working relationship.” – either one “good” too many or repeated by Herman?
12. “…very good good, productive working relationship.” – missing comma after “good” if not repeated by Herman.
13. “…very good good, productive working relationship.” – missing comma after “productive”.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Now this is BCS caliber grammar police

Dec 31, 2013, 2:46 PM

I am happy when I spell there/their/they're correctly

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You spelled all three correctly.

Dec 31, 2013, 3:34 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hood...

Dec 31, 2013, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Hood... ]

I agree that this article needs some editing, as do many of the articles on this site (and across the internet). However, you're not up for the job.

Without going through your list item by item (many are correct), I'll just point out that when you continue a quotation (same speaker) from one paragraph to the next, you do not close the quotation marks at the end of the first paragraph, but you do begin the second paragraph with quotation marks. The author of this article handled that punctuation correctly.

And, by the way, the author of the article was Nikki Steele, not David Hood. (Perhaps you were addressing your post to Mr. Hood as the senior writer for the website, not as the author of the article.)

Jan 2, 2014, 9:28 AM

positive reinforcement great

Jan 2, 2014, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Hood... ]

totally agree
for some fireworks read my remarks as to how to restore our CU standards as to NOT being another jock thug post secondary school

Shouldn't they be..

Dec 31, 2013, 3:06 PM

Of course. Media requirements are mandatory. It's also part of the award. How many chances will these seniors be the center of attention at a major BCS bowl?! Just remember, Ohio St has just as many media reqs as our Tigers. Enjoy them young men! Less than 1% of college football players can say they even played in a BCS bowl, much less "starred" in media days. Win, or lose I am proud of you guys! You continue to set the example on, and off the field! I'm just thankful we have no Clowney's. All our boys have intelligence, and humility the chickens could learn a lot from! Go Tigers!
On another thought: Let's make Ohio St cringe when they think of playing Clemson. Charlie Pell is forever a thorn in Hayes legacy. Now, we have a chance to put a perm blemish on Meyer's BCS bowl record. I love it when we are the underdog!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shouldn't they be..

Jan 2, 2014, 9:34 AM

We either alumni or fan are proud of our "young men"
We set a positive agenda; I constantly stand by our athletes since many of my friends and relatives are fans some johnny-come-lately of usc chickens
I gladly compare our Tigers being interviewed by the press as to the uh- uknow--duh of many other colleges' team members
Enjoy this week
Go--T_I_G_E_R_S!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic