Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Vic Beasley NFL grade update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Vic Beasley NFL grade update

Dec 31, 2013, 9:36 AM

Vic Beasley NFL grade update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Vic Beasley NFL grade update

Dec 31, 2013, 9:38 AM

Come back next year and make it into the 1st round!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's in a similar situation to Nuk

Dec 31, 2013, 9:46 AM

Beasley is an athletic freak. He's the kind of guy that will have monster combine numbers. If he has a big Orange Bowl, he should leave because he'll definitely vault himself into the first round. Pass rushers are too hot of a commodity.

IMO, Beasley is not physically nor mentally ready for the

Dec 31, 2013, 9:43 AM

NFL...yet. He will be another Ricky Sapp at this point.

The Beasley/ R. Sapp comparisons are laughable

Dec 31, 2013, 9:52 AM

R. Sapp lacked strength, mass, and diversity in his pass rush. Beasley just lacks mass. Beasley is also thicker at his current size than 2 top 6 picks in last years draft playing his position (D. Jordan and B. Mingo).

Vic would be a top ten pick next year.***

Dec 31, 2013, 10:16 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Agree, NFL lineman would chew him up....

Dec 31, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to IMO, Beasley is not physically nor mentally ready for the ]

needs another year to add some bulk and skill, but he has potential out the roof.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO, Beasley is not physically nor mentally ready for the

Dec 31, 2013, 11:00 AM [ in reply to IMO, Beasley is not physically nor mentally ready for the ]

I agree. Though a great rush DE in college, I don't think he has the size to be the type DE wanted at the next level without adding to his resume' and bulking up a little more, and I don't see him moving to LB. I believe he should stay and prove this year was not a fluke, but I wish him the best. It is a tough decision on his part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vic is gone

Dec 31, 2013, 9:46 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I would stay. Another year would do him well.***

Dec 31, 2013, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can he be more impressive than this year?

Dec 31, 2013, 10:16 AM

I would love for him to return for another year, but he exploded on the scene this year. Not sure his stock will be any higher than it is right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. He would be a top ten pick next year.***

Dec 31, 2013, 10:17 AM

Agreed, needs another year to work on size, experience at DE***

Dec 31, 2013, 10:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: Agreed, needs another year to work on size, experience at DE***

Dec 31, 2013, 10:44 AM

he will be an outside lb in the nfl. he does not or will never be big enough to play as a de in the nfl. with his speed he will be good at olb. if any player has a 1st or 2nd round grade he should go and take the money. if the grade is lower than 2nd then I can see possibly coming back. the money is just too good to turn down in the first two rounds. if invested properly, one would never have to work again.

I think his money is at DE but I also think he could play

Dec 31, 2013, 12:06 PM

OLB in a 3 - 4 scheme. He definitely could move into the first round next year!!!

C'mon home, Vic

Dec 31, 2013, 11:15 AM

Any NFL team in the country would be lucky to have a guy like you, buddy. Unfortunately though, not a lot of scouts agree with that due to your physical structure. C'mon back home to good 'ole Clemson for one more year and get that weight you need. Once you have that you'll be a top 10 pick or at least high first round. We'll welcome you back with open arms. :)

Message was edited by: TigerTownFaithful®

YOU CAN"T BEAT FIRST ROUND MONEY!!!!***

Dec 31, 2013, 12:07 PM

Hope he returns for one more shot at the Gamecocks

Dec 31, 2013, 11:15 AM

But would not be upset with him if he chooses to leave.

The Problem is...

Dec 31, 2013, 11:16 AM

Hes a LB, playing DE. Not sure his grade is going to get any better. (Beasley)

what kind of grade did Bryant get?

Vic Beasley = Cliff Avril

Dec 31, 2013, 12:07 PM

Check out Cliff's NFL review coming out of Purdue. Everyone though he was going to have to play LB, but he has made a nice living as an undersized DE who gets to the QB on passing downs.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/cliff-avril?id=1330

Re: Football Player Update: Vic Beasley NFL grade update

Dec 31, 2013, 11:26 AM

He got that due to his size. If he can put on about 15 lbs this off season and still prove he can dominate with the added weight, he'll be a 1st rd lock next year. He most deff needs to come back this season, would benefit him greatly.

Can Vic Beasley actually gain any more weight?

Dec 31, 2013, 12:10 PM

The dude is jacked like Hercules already. I'm not sure he can add any more muscle mass without being able to bend over.

Re: Can Vic Beasley actually gain any more weight?

Dec 31, 2013, 1:33 PM

He's jacked, but no need to get over dramatic with it. There is always room to add weight, Dabo said himself they would like to get him around 245-250 mark. He can add lower and upper body weight...its mass.

it's a crap shoot unless you're a sure fire 1st rounder,

Dec 31, 2013, 12:04 PM

I've seen players "projected" 2nd round and then fall to the 4th. I LOVE Vic Beasley but he is a tweener at this point between DE and LB. He needs to bulk up and improve some technique to play DE and he just isn't the right size and body type to play LB.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic