Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update

Dec 21, 2013, 11:17 AM

Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what helps ticket sales?

Dec 21, 2013, 11:47 AM

Beating South Carolina.

Re: You know what helps ticket sales?

Dec 21, 2013, 12:08 PM

For the love of God! Get over it already. I for one would not trade our success for a victory over SC. I mean we could be 6-6 and on our way to Nashville again! This is the most narrow minded response used on here. Not just by you, but by many. 2 BCS bowls in 3 years, constantly in the top 10. I am past putting beating them in front of our overall success. Please move on or better yet pick another team!

^^Eh..not so fast bro

Dec 21, 2013, 12:31 PM

Perhaps you misunderstand what it means to be a fan. While I agree with you in the sense that we need to move on from the SC loss and focus on more important things, I disagree with you in the sense that not caring about whether or not we beat our archrival is important. On the contrary, it most certainly is; and should be. I too would not trade 2 BCS bowl appearances in 3 years. However, part of being a true, die-hard fan is placing a priority on beating your rival. Roots run deep in a rival, my friend. Whether it's deep familial connections from over 50 years ago, or whether it's the culture one was raised in. Casting that aside, and arguing that it is unimportant, is a disrespect of your team. Though I know you don't mean it that way: that is nonetheless how it comes across when you treat it that way.

Where did he say it wasn't important, bro ? Making it the

Dec 21, 2013, 8:44 PM

end all be all was his point.

Beat the chickens and go to Boise. Yessssss !!!!!!

We've already done that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Where did he say it wasn't important, bro ? Making it the

Dec 22, 2013, 8:08 AM

When we beat the Coots, we do not have to listen to their trash all year long.

Re: ^^Eh..not so fast bro

Dec 22, 2013, 7:32 AM [ in reply to ^^Eh..not so fast bro ]

I was born and raised in North Augusta. Moved to Raleigh after school, because of the job market. That was over 20 years ago and I still have friends down there. I was raised on Clemson football, and I can tell you, beating USuC is a priority. I enjoy all the bowls, all the stats, beating the crap out of a bunch of ACC schools, but I WOULD trade quite a bit for that win over USuC. There are friggin dirtpeckers up here and I have to hear about it all the time. So, yes, it does matter, if you are a fan. If you are the fair-weather type, who has become so prevalent recently, then I understand your sentiment, but do NOT agree at all.

Dec 22, 2013, 8:06 AM [ in reply to ^^Eh..not so fast bro ]

The working definition of fan might be debatable. There is a difference between "fan" and "sunshine pumper."

Dec 22, 2013, 4:44 PM [ in reply to ^^Eh..not so fast bro ]

Whip the C0CKS

Dec 21, 2013, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what helps ticket sales? ]

LETS TALK FOOTBALL......ALL IN CAPS TO INSURE ALL CAN VIEW.....EVEN WITH BAD EYES.......NOW BACK IN "THE DAY", FOOTBALL WAS PLAYED AND RECORDS WERE KEPT, AND RECORDS ARE RECORDS UNTIL BROKEN....RIGHT????

1913 through 1919, the tigers record over the lame ##### was 6 & 0 with one 0/0 tie, with the lame ##### only scoring 25 points and all games played in Columbia.

and

1934 through 1940, the tigers won seven, YES< 7 straight, with the lame ##### only scoring 31 points and YES, all games played in Columbia.

NOW, LETS KEEP OUR HEADS FOCUSED ON OHIO STATE FOR NOW....AS COACH FORD STATED SEVERAL WEEKS BACK, THE WORM CHANGE BACK TO THE TIGERS AND WE CAN BEGIN ANOTHER STREAK...

ENOUGH SAID, THE RECORD BOOK DONT LIE...GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Coots game IS important due 2 recruiting, better record/bowl

Dec 21, 2013, 12:44 PM

..And more balance & harmony in all SC Families if teams split more evenly (TiGs ahead of course!).

History is important..and our Tiger Teams in the past 5 years have allowed the Coots to make great "modern" history on us..and as they now say, who cares a flip about the 23 more wins Clemson has "had" on them over last 115 years.

So,TiGERS..git er done at the OB, crack some NUTS..and keep practicing & getting better in 2014 for another shot at the Coots..in DV!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2013, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what helps ticket sales? ]

To better explain it, is to reflect on what spurrier said we he took over at sc. He mentioned that beating Clemson was to important and that winning the SEC was the higher priority. Well he took some heat then, but now they control the series. I just feel that we as a fan base cause more pressure on 18-21 yr. olds for this game. You can tell by our performance. We as a fan base have a lot to do with the mindset of some players.(like it or not) There is no doubt that A game versus A game the tigers were the better team it is just what is between the ears that is getting in the way. Some of that falls on us as fans.

Dec 22, 2013, 8:12 AM

If you remember, Spurrier said in another interview that after he lost to Clemson a couple of times, he returned the team focus to beating Clemson and made the Clemson game his teams highest priority.

Dec 21, 2013, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what helps ticket sales? ]

who died and left you in charge of fan decisions and opininons?

Dec 21, 2013, 1:02 PM

No one. Just my opinion. When you look at where we are at 10-2 and in the Orange Bowl a win over SC would not have changed that. We would be 11-1 and in the Orange bowl. Just my opinion and the fact that I have chosen to place my focus on the "BIG PICTURE". You can think whatever you want but only caring about 1 game a year must make a boring season. I tell you what next year we are 10-2 with losses against FSU and UNC. Wow! Now that would be better right????

Dec 22, 2013, 8:14 AM

Beating SC would be a quality win instead of an embarrassing loss. We get whacked by the only other good team in the ACC. We lose to the Coots. Orange bowl changes nothing.

^^^What he said. I'm tired of SteelTigers posts like this***

Dec 21, 2013, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what helps ticket sales? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're over losing to SC 5 in a row and he's got a problem?****

Dec 21, 2013, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what helps ticket sales? ]

Good luck for the next 11 months.***

Dec 21, 2013, 9:39 PM

if the rest of the conference..

Dec 21, 2013, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what helps ticket sales? ]

ever decides to pick up and do good.we very well could be 6-6 dont let the 10 wins fool you.are one good win was against georgia.and considering their injuries we will never know just how good they really were.

Dec 22, 2013, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: You know what helps ticket sales? ]

I am sick of losing to the Coots. Season sucks when we lose to the Coots.

Sir, you are absolutely correct!

Dec 21, 2013, 2:49 PM [ in reply to You know what helps ticket sales? ]

I have bought my tickets, but this year it will be only me and my girlfriend going. My close friend who is a diehard fan(Him & his wife went to 9 games this year) (They were also at the OB in 2010) will not be heading to Miami. When I asked why, he brought up sitting in the stands in Columbia this year. He was disgusted with the turnovers and the fifth loss.

My brother also will not be going. He lives in Columbia and was also at the game. He sent an email to the AD stating he would not be spending almost $800-$1,000 on a trip to Miami because he felt we didnt deserve a BCS game because of our 2 losses and the way they happened.

My friend that is a coworker is going this year. He loves Florida. They are going to be spending about 10 days in Miami and Orlando.

You can say they are "not true fans" but I know them all very well. They all have orange in their blood. The fifth straight loss to South Carolina is effecting some clemson tiger's decision on whether to spend the extra money.

Whether it should be, is debatable I suppose. But a fifth straight loss doesn't sit well, and honestly I'm glad! Those living in the state know why I say that!

Re: Sir, you are absolutely correct! NOT!

Dec 21, 2013, 5:03 PM

Sorry, I don't buy it!
I was there when we were 3-6-2...It doesn't matter what the record is, you support the team!
THAT, is a TRUE FAN!
Not, OHhh, we're winning... NOW, I'll be a fan...
Look up the actual definition of a fan.
Don't call yourself a FAN, if you're only a spectator!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sir, you are absolutely correct!

Dec 21, 2013, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Sir, you are absolutely correct! ]

I live in Columbia too. Hate it here, but I bought 4 tix to support my team. I love the Tigers. You should have suffered through a few games in the 70's. Losing to Rice and Texas A&M and Oklahoma.
I can't go, so the money saved bought two extra tix for some Tigers who can and want to go.
Deserve it or not, the Tigers are going.
Please folks, buy some tickets and support our fine university!
It makes more crap for the chickens to crow about when we leave games and can't sell tix. 100$ will buy two cheap seats. Give up some booze, cigarettes, and junk food for our Tigers.
No orange "in" my blood.
100% orange blooded.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whether these fans go to OB is not going to affect a

Dec 21, 2013, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Sir, you are absolutely correct! ]

Tiger/Coot game one way or the other. If they don't want to go then I would stay home also. Thankfully your bother doesn't make decisons on BCS games. For a Clemson fan to say the Tigers didn't deserve it after a loss to the #1 team and UCS in the top 10 is crazy. The coaches and players have invested alot of time and energy and deserve anything that they get.

Im with your friend

Dec 22, 2013, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Sir, you are absolutely correct! ]

Im not spending, or better yet: I'm not going to florida to watch another dabo disaster on view for the whole country to watch

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm okay if you stay home and cry about it.***

Dec 21, 2013, 5:49 PM [ in reply to You know what helps ticket sales? ]

agreed***

Dec 22, 2013, 5:01 PM [ in reply to You know what helps ticket sales? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OPT & his history....

Dec 21, 2013, 1:21 PM

And since the end of your beloved 7 game winning streak in 1940, the series record is 39-31-2. Thats over the past 72 yrs, 1941-2013.

Re: OPT & his history....

Dec 21, 2013, 1:27 PM

That's probably a good idea. I mean to drop the longest winning streaks by both teams. So if my math is correct that would make it 39-26? Really, if we are going to be fair dropping our longest would mean dropping yours? Have a nice time in Orlando coot! With all of your trips there this one should be free!

Re: Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update

Dec 21, 2013, 1:38 PM

You might wanna get some help reading the post. Noone is "dropping" anything. He referenced the 7 game winning streak in the d*mn 1930s. I said SINCE THE END OF THAT STREAK, that he referenced.

Dec 21, 2013, 1:50 PM

Although I dont blame you. I'd be wanting to "drop" & forget about 5 in a row too. However I wouldn't know what that feels like. lol

Dec 21, 2013, 2:10 PM

My bad! Enjoy your streak! And your never winning a conference championship and the fact that you have a legend as a coach and still cant get over the hump in your own conference! Oh my bad again! It is because your conference that you chose is so "tough". Poor poor USC! For us to suck so bad you sure do put all of your effort into us. You sir are the kind of "####" that makes USC what they are! Have a nice time at Disneyworld! We will be on south beach in one the "BIG" games. And I know we are lucky as you say, but it goes back we are CLEMSON and you are Spurrier our program makes us and your coach makes yours. He Can't coach forever... But you know its coming hang on as long as you can

Dec 21, 2013, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update ]

Yeah Gblood got owned on that. He might not know what 5 in a row feels like, as if 4 in a row multiple times isn't bad enough. He knows what 63-17 and a 21 game losing streak feels like!

Dec 21, 2013, 4:30 PM

After 5 losses in a roe, I would rather beat SC than go to a BCS game. I don't care who agrees or disagrees with that. I think I'll puke if I read another post about how we were the better team. That is always followed by if we didn't have six turnovers. Here's some news for you, we did turn it over six times. Good teams do not turn it over six times. We also turned it over against FSU. That is a major flaw in our team this year.

Dec 21, 2013, 5:21 PM

I think a MAJOR flaw would be doing that through the whole season. We didn't do that.

"Clemson had 10 turnovers in its two losses and just 12 in its 10 wins this year. Dabo Swinney is 32-3 at Clemson when the Tigers win the turnover margin statistics."

The turnovers in those two games were a MAJOR factor, not for the season.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeffro should get paid for that comment...

Dec 21, 2013, 5:46 PM

ON THE MONEY!!!

The more coots I hear rubbing that in & still batching about us & the bowl only proves it & confirms what a true goal is!

HATE THE CLUCKS!!! Wanna beat em, but there's much bigger chicken wings to fry!

GO TIGERS!!!

for $1500, everyone should go!***

Dec 21, 2013, 8:31 PM

It's real simple, the ticket office and IPTAY has hosed

Dec 22, 2013, 3:38 PM

Medium and lower level donors for years. I will never purchase tickets through Clemson due to this. Btw I bought four tickets and will be there

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic