Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Stoudt relishes the chance to play against team he grew up rooting for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Stoudt relishes the chance to play against team he grew up rooting for

Dec 20, 2013, 10:15 AM

Stoudt relishes the chance to play against team he grew up rooting for

Quarterback Cole Stoudt says he has always wanted to play against Ohio St. - he grew up pulling for the Buckeyes and lived just 20 minutes from the campus. What does he say about who his hometown is rooting for? How does his dad help him? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Kelly won't like this....***

Dec 20, 2013, 10:18 AM

null

He's going to be swaggerly frustrated,

Dec 20, 2013, 10:26 AM

if he doesn't win the job.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With this being Boyd's swan song I'm not sure Stoudt

Dec 20, 2013, 10:50 AM

gets any playing time. Nice to hear how solid his head is going into next year, though.

Does Stoudt pay any attention to the coaches at all or

Dec 20, 2013, 10:55 AM

should Clemson have hired his Dad?

Um. I suspect he listen to the coaches and performs

Dec 20, 2013, 11:02 AM

as they expect. After all, they don't hesitate to put him in as backup. Did you miss the part where he says he ignores his Dad some of the time because it makes him angry?

Next year's quarterback!

Dec 20, 2013, 11:10 AM

what a great problem we have. Can't wait to see how this battle turns out.

no matter who wins, we are fixed. Watson can benifit from a red-shirt year if he can't win the job.

Who cares -may the best man win, GO TIGERS beat the nuts!

Re: Next year's quarterback!

Dec 20, 2013, 11:34 AM

How many years of eligibility do they have left? I think Stoudt has 1 and Kelly has 2 or 3 right?

I'm torn on who I would like see win. I love Stoudt's accuracy but I think Kelly fits Morris's offense better. May the better man win and may Watson take over in '15!

Even if Morris decides to start Stoudt, I don't think

Dec 20, 2013, 11:50 AM

he would hesitate to sub Kelly during the season or even start him in any 'next' game if Stoudt struggles. There is nothing to loose by pulling Stoudt given his eligibility as you mention. You aren't grooming him for the next 2 or 3 years and don't have to let him grow through his mistakes.

You will need Kelly to have issues worked out because he is likely to be the Watson backup in 2015 and onward. Provided he doesn't leave. Per his words, that's not likely, but anything can change.

Re: Even if Morris decides to start Stoudt, I don't think

Dec 20, 2013, 2:51 PM

If Swagggg doesn't win the job next year. He will be out of Clemson so fast, if you're not standing by your computer, you will miss him telling Clemson to kiss his A$S. His life has been groomed to be an NFL QB, and he and his family know that he can't get there from the back up QB position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even if Morris decides to start Stoudt, I don't think

Dec 21, 2013, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Even if Morris decides to start Stoudt, I don't think ]

the coaching staff got "heisman" fever, Stoudt did not get enough deserved snaps this year. Many of us kringled in our seats as "we" knew Tajh was seeing boogers and did not have it all together that day, which has happened to to any of us who have olayed the game. CU will be fortunate to have this young man to be starter next year.

Ehhhh, how do you get to that opinion?

Dec 21, 2013, 8:55 AM

This coaching staff didn't make any effort to promote Boyd for the Heisman this year. Nor did the school. I think Dabo and staff care more about team awards than individual ones. That's just a guess but it's based on what I see in public.

agree, Stoudt may have lead Tigers to more wins than Tajh?***

Dec 21, 2013, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Even if Morris decides to start Stoudt, I don't think ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stout or Kelly will have to WIN the job!!!

Dec 21, 2013, 10:49 AM

We as fan shouldn't even give a crap who plays the role, as long as he's a winner & Gets it done!!!
I don't see why this is even a worry or problem unless the back - up decides to transfer, leaving us thin...
I think BOTH should & will play, with the best getting the majority of snaps & the other getting good 'special' situations & injury, sub, & other PT.
Cole runs a #### of alot better than so many people think & I say he's quicker than he looks! Imo...
How many times this season did he break for a run & NOT get a 1st down, positive yards, or a TD???!
I personally think there were plenty of times (especially FSU & USuCk) when the Tajh was obviously rattled & needed to sit down to re compose himself, Stout has proven himself to be very capable & efficient running our offense.
SCREW seniority!!!! Let the most complete guy be our leader & the other call plays & learn.

Riddle me this Tigernet fans...?

ME THE BEST MAN WIN!!!

You sound confused - praised Stoudt then "screw seniority"?

Dec 21, 2013, 11:02 AM

Yes, play the best man, however do count Stoudt's well-earned seniority - "efficient and poised" - you said it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic