Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update

Dec 19, 2013, 5:53 PM

Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow..."maybe" sell 10K out of 17,500 received! What's up....

Dec 19, 2013, 10:05 PM

with TiGER Fans? I know we haven't nearly sold 2/3's of our tickets to other recent bowls..maybe more like 3/4 to the Chick last year..

Guess the recession or bigger TV sets or disinterest in attending bowls is the cause..But hopefully not the interest in our Team.

Heard that EVEN Nebraska is a hard sell to the Gator this year vs UGa (well, will they even field a team what with injuries!!).

I didn't want to attend OB either..but got $50 tix & $125 room at SouthBeach across from ocean..so what the heck..we just decided to drive down for 4 days/2 nights from Savannah area..and soak it in and pull for TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not what's up with Tiger fans

Dec 20, 2013, 7:42 AM

It's what's up with college football. These days it's pretty rare for a school to sell out all its tickets to a bowl. (Occasional exceptions being for schools who are in a "oh my god we actually got invited to a bowl?!!" game and/or within 150 miles of home)

Re: It's not what's up with Tiger fans

Dec 20, 2013, 11:54 PM

Like Duke? I heard some alumni bought tickets and gave them out for free to students since Atlanta is a reasonable distance from Durham and they haven't been to a decent bowl in like a bajillion years or something like that.

Its not the fans its IPTAY screwing the fans from before.

Dec 20, 2013, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Wow..."maybe" sell 10K out of 17,500 received! What's up.... ]

Always worst seats and then all that fiasco over tickets in years past!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fans are more enlightened. Cheaper and better seats

Dec 20, 2013, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Wow..."maybe" sell 10K out of 17,500 received! What's up.... ]

available on stubhub and you get the tickets right away.also, the OB hasn't sold out since FSU-Penn State in 06. There will be great seats available from scalpers on game day for way less than face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

StubHub

Dec 20, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Wow..."maybe" sell 10K out of 17,500 received! What's up.... ]

I saved over $50 buying through SH. Usually I'll go through the AD, but since travel and hotel are also factored into this trip, every bit saved helps.

Re: Wow..."maybe" sell 10K out of 17,500 received! What's up....

Dec 20, 2013, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Wow..."maybe" sell 10K out of 17,500 received! What's up.... ]

Think there will be more then 7000 at the game ,
Stop buying tickets from IPTAY years ago and get a lot better seats

Stubhub

Dec 20, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Wow..."maybe" sell 10K out of 17,500 received! What's up.... ]

I got tired of having to wait for the AD to decide where I will sit. I left IPTAY after the SEP a few years back. Still a Tiger fan. Still travel to bowl games. I am sure there will be a lot of Tiger fans in Miami...a lot more than the 7500 who have bought tickets through the AD so far.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:29 PM

Re: Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update***

Dec 19, 2013, 10:30 PM

Re: Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update

Dec 19, 2013, 10:32 PM

Its called losing to the coots again...5th lose has folks staying home

I am going. Didnt bother me near as much as you

Dec 20, 2013, 9:25 AM

So is my daughter, son-in-law, son, his girlfriend, a friend and his finance, his sister and her husband and their 2 kids.

Car magnet says " On the way to watch the Tigers play".
Doesnt say anything about -- "and only if we won our last game."

You stay home and watch it on TV and post each and every play about how you would do things different. By the time I get home your thread will be buried and I wont have to read it. Works out for everyone!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am going. Didnt bother me near as much as you

Dec 20, 2013, 9:35 AM

I really do wish they would start swinging the ban hammer. I'm tired of getting on here during away games and there are a billion different threads in all caps about the play that just happened. Like everyone else didn't just see that.

I'm with you on that. Let one person do the updates

Dec 20, 2013, 11:20 AM

and the rest can comment or just read. There is no need for 30 people to all post "3rd and 2 on our own 41"

Re: I going to the OB. Received my tickets yesterday.

Dec 20, 2013, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson Orange Bowl ticket sales update ]

It's a shame if some fans will miss a really fun trip just because of a loss to usc. That's sad.

As a recent Clemson Grad, just flat don't have the money

Dec 20, 2013, 9:18 AM

would like to

I would go, but I'll be on my honeymoon soooo….***

Dec 20, 2013, 9:30 AM

Skip the honeymoon

Dec 20, 2013, 11:17 AM

Hell, skip the wedding too. You can save TONS of money that way (for the marriage, reception, honeymoon, divorce lawyers, etc.)

got mine through stub...

Dec 20, 2013, 9:39 AM

If iptay had stubhub type system..maybe they would do better. I doubt I have ether points to get a good seat which is evident of my post season tickets. If rather just pick my bad seat and pay less for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Miami is entirely too expensive

Dec 20, 2013, 1:06 PM

The bars down there are too expensive, restaurants are too expensive, bottom line, it's just too dang expensive. I knew I was in trouble when I went to a bank machine there, pulled out $200, and the machine shot two bills out. Have you been to an ATM that spits out $100 bills? I haven't, until then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't get over how expensive that city was***

Dec 20, 2013, 2:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2013, 1:28 PM

I honestly couldn't afford to go even though I wanted to. $400+ (each!) flights for 2 + bowl tix + place to stay + food would run us nearly as much as a summer vacation if not more. So, I did the next best thing I guess, I ordered 2 tix to be given to some of our Armed Forces.

Go Tigers! Merry Christmas to all of you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2013, 12:10 AM

The problem is that after the bowl itself gives out its tickets to their gladhanders, they'll dump the rest on the open market while the schools pay the full retail price on their "allotment". Extortion might be a better word as the school is left being responsible for paying for all of their full price tickets.

It's common knowledge that the same tickets you get from the University are usually available for a fraction of the cost online.

Stub Hub Club Level - $125

Dec 21, 2013, 9:41 AM

And before you speak about loyalty, our family shells out well over $10,000 a year in Iptay, Tickets, Accomodations, shopping in downtown Clemson. It's time the universities stand up to the bowls and demand better seats for the schools. Why would we pay $125 for an upper level prime seat when we can sit in what has been described as a luxurious club level? The current system is broken and will get worse with the playoff next year. How in the hell are fans of semifinal winners going to plan another trip cross country on a week's notice.

Dec 21, 2013, 9:47 AM

Its probably because no one wants to travel such a long distance and pay all that money to watch a team play with a high percentage that they may implode for no reason (WVU orange, FSU home, etc). Since you never know what Clemson team/which Taj Boyd is going to show up to play, people probably would rather watch from the comfort of their home rather than risk paying all that money/driving that distance to see a disaster unfold. There is just too much inconsistency in the program right now when it comes to playing big teams on the big stage.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic