Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables: Ohio St. offensive line will "bloody your nose"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables: Ohio St. offensive line will "bloody your nose"

Dec 17, 2013, 6:43 PM

Venables: Ohio St. offensive line will "bloody your nose"

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables said Tuesday afternoon that Ohio St. is already a tough matchup because of quarterback Braxton Miller and running back Carlos Hyde. He also said that the offensive line is probably the most physical Clemson has faced. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Venables: Ohio St. offensive line will "bloody your nose"

Dec 17, 2013, 6:47 PM

I would love to see an article like this about our OL one day. A unit people would dread playing (yeah I know it is peppered with coach speak).

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2013, 8:02 PM

Peppered is putting mildly compared to the flowered, battered and squeezed lemon juice that he actually used in his praise of OSU. I bet some on our D are already skeered to suit up for the orange bowl. H&ll, I'm skeered for them to!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like Venebles. Wish they would sing his praises more***

Dec 17, 2013, 6:52 PM

Re: I like Venebles. Wish they would sing his praises more

Dec 17, 2013, 7:03 PM

His we tried everything we knew to stop Shaw left me a little cold. Otherwise yes he has generally done a solid job with our D.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. I'm sometimes left with rebuttal questions like....

Dec 17, 2013, 9:06 PM

"Why don't WE bloody someone's nose!!?" or "Why does he emphasize what harm some team is going to inflict on US?" I'll take a couple of personal fouls (at the right time) to feel better ;) I still like BV.

You know what the play calls were?

Dec 18, 2013, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I like Venebles. Wish they would sing his praises more ]

How do you know he didn't try everything?

Dec 17, 2013, 7:50 PM

I never say anything about our coaches and surely not ever ever about the players. But after reading the praises he has gave OSU, I swear that to me, it sounds like he is already setting up his post game interview... BV, you are the DC, so get your D ready for a physical game with plenty of nose bleed tissue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly.***

Dec 17, 2013, 8:54 PM

Kearse better have his running britches on tight the next

Dec 17, 2013, 8:51 PM

couple of weeks getting ready.

He needs to be on B Miller every play...every play.

Dec 17, 2013, 8:56 PM

I think he is steadily giving our defense the "old swagger" the old Clemson defenses used to have, I love the way they fly around to the ball!

I like Venables - But Time to Deliver

Dec 18, 2013, 6:04 AM

The nasty taste is still in my mouth from USC and the "we tried everything" to stop a running QB on 3rd down and nothing worked quote still sticks in my head. If we don't have anyone that can stop Shaw we definitely won't stop Miller - it's not like either one are Cam Newton we just do not do our job.

Come on coach, find someone who wants to play bad enough to stay on their assignment and get off the field on 3rd down. Find someone - something - anything - now is the time!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic