Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Bryant on whether to declare for NFL draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Bryant on whether to declare for NFL draft

Dec 14, 2013, 2:02 PM

Bryant on whether to declare for NFL draft

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should be good then***

Dec 14, 2013, 2:04 PM

Re: We should be good then***

Dec 14, 2013, 2:21 PM

Yep. There are receivers who have proved far more than him who were taken in the 4th, 5th and 6th.

A 2nd round WR is a straight up stud, and a 3rd rounder you expect to complete for serious reps at the third guy.

Re: We should be good then***

Dec 14, 2013, 6:27 PM [ in reply to We should be good then*** ]

I think you are dead on. I do think if he stays and demonstrates discipline and continued improvement with his skills he will be a pretty high pick next year (I'm thinking 2nd or early 3rd rounder). While he has great speed, there are many receivers who have that. It's the intangibles in which he needs to prove himself worthy. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think a draft report would likely give him 3rd

Dec 14, 2013, 2:24 PM

Or 4th round. Just can't see him coming back for another year of exams. Especially with kids.

Re: I think a draft report would likely give him 3rd

Dec 14, 2013, 6:02 PM

CJ had a child too, and he came back, and I don't think anyone would have blamed him if he had not.

Re: I think a draft report would likely give him 3rd

Dec 14, 2013, 11:45 PM

Fast money don't last. Another year to get better and getting that degree will increase the opportunity for a long term and better financial future for him and his family. Necessities increase as the kids get older. T.O. career in the NFL is a prime example. One day you on top of the world and the next you trying to find or wondering what happen to your world. The sacrificies would the worth another year if you decide to stay.

Makes ya wonder...

Dec 14, 2013, 6:32 PM [ in reply to I think a draft report would likely give him 3rd ]

if hes happy here.

with his inconsistency

Dec 14, 2013, 2:27 PM

I just can see him going that early, he has the ability to be a 1st or 2nd rounder but just hasn't had that consistency he needs! He would definitely benefit another year in my opinion!

Re: with his inconsistency

Dec 14, 2013, 3:13 PM

I think Bryant would definitely benefit from another year of college football.

However, with his height/speed… he may get taken this year.

Reports for skill players typically have them rated too

Dec 14, 2013, 2:44 PM

high...to the surprise of many, I believe he will leave. However he has yet to prove himself to be a leader at the college level...does not bode well for him doing what it takes to be a NFL player. Hope he stays and puts in the work.

Agree. They'll rate him a little high. He's gone.***

Dec 14, 2013, 3:02 PM

Re: Reports for skill players typically have them rated too

Dec 14, 2013, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Reports for skill players typically have them rated too ]

Well said and dittos! TU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd or 3rd round

Dec 14, 2013, 2:45 PM

If he will stick to that statement, I'll be satisfied. But no lower than 3rd round.
Analyst could miss by a round or two and then decision could be catastrophic. If he'd work hard and come back he would surely be a 2nd rounder. 3rd at worst almost guaranteed of course barring injury and attitude and grade adjustments. IMO

If he gets rated 3rd to 4th round

Dec 14, 2013, 3:52 PM

I bet he will come back. Especially in the unlikely event that Sammy comes back too. I think no matter what the papers say, another year of college would be the best decision for Bryant. He has a ton of raw talent, but that alone won't cut it in the NFL.

Re: If he gets rated 3rd to 4th round

Dec 14, 2013, 6:31 PM

Agreed. There are many with "raw talent". The NFL can get plenty of raw talent. They want and need the finished talent, and they will pay dearly for it. If he can wait, he should, IMO.

Re: If he gets rated 3rd to 4th round

Dec 15, 2013, 12:53 AM

As good as NUK is, he only gets limited playing time. Don't know why they don't use him alot more. Even CJ get limit time. However, he makes his time count and still have to lobby for more touches.

He needs to talk to Derrick Hamilton ...

Dec 14, 2013, 9:40 PM

Hamilton was an underclassman with similar measureables and a whole lot more college production than Bryant who left us early and didn't get nearly what he thought (and what he was told) he would get in the NFL draft.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he returned and

Dec 14, 2013, 9:54 PM

was more consistent next year, he would be our go to guy and that would help his NFL stock.

whatever we do, don't let him talk with Stockstill

Dec 14, 2013, 10:20 PM [ in reply to He needs to talk to Derrick Hamilton ... ]

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He needs to talk to Derrick Hamilton ...

Dec 22, 2013, 12:09 AM [ in reply to He needs to talk to Derrick Hamilton ... ]

I couldnt agree more! He's tall, talented, and fast....just what the NFL loves....However, he is slight of frame and has a tendency to get the "dropsies"... He needs another year the get stronger off the line of scrimmage as well. In my opinion...

5th Round at best. He cost us seven against the Coots.***

Dec 14, 2013, 9:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, Humphries cost us 14 against the coots...

Dec 14, 2013, 11:39 PM

I watched the replay a million times and Bryant didn't make contact with him or the ball. The ball hit Adam right in his chest, but he was distracted by Bryant flying by him. At the end of the ###, Adam should have caught the ball.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please, not this again ...

Dec 15, 2013, 2:05 AM

Whether he made contact or not, which was impossible to tell on video, Bryant's arm still flailed directly in Humphries' field of vision at the exact moment the ball arrived.

There's a reason why a defender would be penalized for getting that close. If someone from the punt coverage team did what Bryant did, there would have been a flag.

Bryant had no business being anywhere near the ball and because he was in the wrong place, he caused the muff.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please, not this again ...

Dec 15, 2013, 7:20 AM

Exactly!

Adam's shoulder pads caused the muff.***

Dec 15, 2013, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Please, not this again ... ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A million times? You should have seen that Bryant caused

Dec 15, 2013, 6:43 PM [ in reply to No, Humphries cost us 14 against the coots... ]

the muff after about 300,000 views.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

regardless of what a draft report says...

Dec 15, 2013, 4:36 AM

He would be a late round draft pick based solely on potential or would be signed as an undrafted free agent based on potential. He has proved essentially nothing in college. That is where he stands regardless of who likes it. He needs to get his head out of his rear end and thank the lord he has more time to prove himself, and get thoughts of leaving out of his head

Re: Football Player Update: Andre Ellington draft

Dec 15, 2013, 6:31 PM

If many will recall, Andre Ellington was a heck of a Running back. He did well during his entire time as a Clemson Tiger. The early draft reports had him projected at 2nd or 3rd. He almost didn't get drafted. Their talent and stats are only part of the draft factors. Whether or not any team is looking for a rookie WR as a draftee is another thing. Right now many teams are looking for DE, RB, and QB. Not so much WR. They would most certainly take him as a walk on, but not as a draftee. The old saying goes... You don't buy a new car if the one you have still runs.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic