Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Bryant ponders decision to leave for NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,694

Front Page Story: Bryant ponders decision to leave for NFL

Dec 15, 2013, 9:27 AM

Bryant ponders decision to leave for NFL

Clemson receiver Martavis Bryant told the media Saturday afternoon that he has submitted his draft paperwork, and that it would take a third round grade or higher for him to leave. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Martavis Is Not Close to being Ready For the NFL

Dec 15, 2013, 9:39 AM

Another year could be worth a lot of money...He really needs a good solid season

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

He better be close, he only has a year left to get closer***

Dec 15, 2013, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant needs to stay

Dec 15, 2013, 9:56 AM

I'm usually one for kids to move on if the opportunity is there. However, it doesn't seem like Bryant is ready. He needs to work on route running and being a bit more "clutch".

Ya have to think....

Dec 15, 2013, 2:10 PM

there might be more to him wanting to leave, than
just his desire to play in the NFL (IMHO*)

Definitely should stay

Aug 21, 2023, 1:22 PM

Martavis has the talent to be a first rounder but needs to refine his skills another year. He would mostly likely be the featured receiver next year if he does, and moving into the first round would mean several million more dollars over the life of a contract.

Re: Definitely should stay

Dec 15, 2013, 2:08 PM

Just his signing bonus for a high first to low second round would be very well worth him staying his senior year. He better think long and hard about the money he would be giving up as a third or fourth rounder. Once he throws his name in the hat, he can't change his mind. College sports is over, and the first and second round money is gone, gone, gone. And if he was to get injured before his rookie contract was up, he will be broke and in the same situation he and his family is in now. Martavis, don't act like a coot, give a hoot about your future!!! A Clemson degree even with grades in the bottom half of your class will get you a job that will support you much better than a drop out transcript. And even if he did come back to Clemson for his degree. He would have to pay for the classes himself. Hopefully he stays with anything above second round. If not, he better pay for his classes in advance, if he has to come back for his degree, with the money he does get. Good luck to him either way. Very hard work usually pays off when you want something bad enough....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath

Dec 15, 2013, 10:35 AM

Bryant needs to stay.

Maturity is the key here. NFL not the place for it. Martavis

Dec 15, 2013, 11:42 AM

needs maturity for his body, his football skills & his LIFE skills! Would hate to see him wash out quickly. Don't think he has any idea how brutal the NFL would be on his thin frame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maturity is the key here. NFL not the place for it. Martavis

Dec 15, 2013, 10:32 PM

Bottom Line....He aint ready!! ever heard of Derick Hamilton?!?!

Sammy Watkins

Dec 15, 2013, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath ]

thought I saw where there was some speculation #2
might return (not sure)

Hard to tell a guy who doesn't like school

Dec 15, 2013, 11:37 AM

And has kids to provide for to not go and make more money than anyone in his family has probably ever made. The window of opportunity is very small. He does not have the same support system that CJ had or that Tajh has. He has to make this decision solely for his family

Re: Hard to tell a guy who doesn't like school

Dec 15, 2013, 3:32 PM

MB, think out side the BOX. Fast money won't last long. Trusting in the NFL, an agent, or an account have left many broke and back home to moma's house or the streets they work so hard to get away from. A college degree will give you hope and a second wind if things doesn't go as planned in the NFL. Give yourself something to fall back on. An insurance policy and college degree will give you a better start in life than most college graduates. Your football career will end before you know it and your teenage or young adult daughters will be staring you in the face. Inflation never quit and the cost of living always climbing year after year. I hope he give himself a better opportunity for LONG TERM STABILITLY AND NOT A SHORT TERM GAIN. IT WILL BE WORTH THE SACRIFICE IN THE LONG RUN.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

Re: Hard to tell a guy who doesn't like school

Dec 17, 2013, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Hard to tell a guy who doesn't like school ]

If he was to come back he has to work harder that he has been and will still have to work hard to keep his grades up. If he wants to go then he should go. He is a man and needs to make his own decisions.
We do not know if another year will help him or not! I do not think it has help Tahj's draft status, last year he would likely have been a lock for a late 1st or early second spot, this year it appears to be late second or 3rd.
That being said, I sure have enjoyed watching Tahj play this year, and hope he has enjoyed the year as well.

Did anyone else notice

Dec 15, 2013, 11:41 AM

How he said "We are going to try and win this one" when talking about the OSU game? Were they not trying previously?

Did you not watch the last Orange Bowl?

Dec 15, 2013, 3:27 PM

No we didn't try to win it...That team looked like that had no interest in that game what so ever.

Re: Front Page Story: Bryant ponders decision to leave for NFL

Dec 15, 2013, 12:32 PM

Bryant needs to ask Nuk for his off season workout schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this guy kidding, I hardly remember him doing anything

Dec 15, 2013, 12:39 PM

that accounted for much..especially winning a game with a big catch..like Nuk or Sammie. Hey MB, git your self back in that huddle in 2014 and make it happen..and then the Pros will definitely love you & pay you much more.

GoTiGERS..eat the Nuts!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this guy kidding, I hardly remember him doing anything

Dec 15, 2013, 2:11 PM

EXACTLY!!! And get that Clemson degree without a penny coming from pocket!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Bryant ponders decision to leave for NFL

Dec 15, 2013, 3:06 PM

Why am I not surprised ?

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

If anyone needs another year of college ball, it is this guy

Dec 15, 2013, 3:49 PM

Needs to mature more, catch more balls in big games, and just mentally be able to have his head on right for an entire season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But I am hearing he is not going to have a choice***

Dec 15, 2013, 5:30 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meaning??***

Dec 15, 2013, 5:58 PM

I don't think he was referring to..

Dec 15, 2013, 7:44 PM

Two years ago. It's far more likely he was referring to games this season. Even if he was referring to that, I highly doubt Dabo and Co. Were not trying to prepare to win that game during bowl practices...

Terrible idea to go pro

Dec 16, 2013, 2:40 AM

Why go pro when you won't make a practice squad. Being tall is great. But being a dominant and dependable receiver is better. Does he not comprehend that one his biggest catches was an onside kick recovery against uga. To be honest, we remember him for his consistent drops and Peach Bowl inelligibility. Stick around kid..... and watch Mike Williams.

Kids?

Dec 16, 2013, 1:08 PM

What are these guys thinking...or what are they not thinking?

Get off his back supposed Clemson fans!

Dec 17, 2013, 6:46 PM

These posts read Martavis sucks. He drops balls. He will sit on bench if he comes back next year. He needs to come back next year. He is not ready for the pros.

This board sends a clear message to recruits about our fan base. Martavis was not busted for driving around campus smoking dope last year. Martavis did not show up out of shape last year as Sammy stated he regrettably did.

IMHO Martavis will make a pro team. He will be a quality pro given 2 or 3 years of seasoning. He has been under-utilized at Clemson by Boyd and Morris. Throw him the ball and he gets more yards per catch than any receiver in Clemson history. He will likely go higher than Tajh in the draft. Tajh cost himself some serious cash by returning to Clemson after his epic performance against LSU in last year's bowl. Nuk made a good decision and was paid in one bonus check as much as most Clemson grads will earn in 10 years.

Sammy can also look forward to successful pro career and I will be pulling hard for him, but I think these negative posts are selling Martavis and our fan base short. Martavis needs to leave - he is unappreciated at Clemson based on these posts. With dedication to pre-combine workouts, he will impress at combines. Best of luck Martavis for a successful pro career!

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,694
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic