Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson back at practice in full gear Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson back at practice in full gear Saturday

Dec 14, 2013, 3:13 PM

Clemson back at practice in full gear Saturday

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney recaps Clemson's bowl practice, and he talks about the loss of right tackle Giff Timothy, who has decided to retire from football. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson back at practice in full gear Saturday

Dec 14, 2013, 6:11 PM

I, too am sad about Giff Timothy. I believed he was having knee issues this entire year, because he had begun to develop into what we all wanted, and then the injury last year. Since that it has not been the same guy. I know how that is, and it is sad to see it happen to a guy who was doing so well. The great news is Dabo understands and is going to use the positives Giff possesses so he still can contribute to this team. I don't think most coaches would look for a positive outcome. Dabo is a very special man in many regards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson back at practice in full gear Saturday

Dec 15, 2013, 12:43 AM

I agree. When our lelt tackle went out in the Orange Bowl things went south from that point on. Even after driving to the one yard line and that fumble occurred which shocked the world. One play behind our left tackle and that game would have been totally different. I truely felt concerned from a offensive standpoint as I sat there that night and watch him exit the field and didn't return.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really glad we have a coach that finds a way to keep kids

Dec 15, 2013, 8:42 AM

on the bus rather than throw them under it.

All these examples where kids have had to end their career early but were allowed to stay in school and working with the team shows that they are more than a number to Clemson and is a big reason why recruiting is at the level it is.

Every coach tells recruits and their mommas "we care about you" Clemson has multiple concrete examples that prove we really do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic