Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Bowl practice begins, Mackensie Alexander back at work
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Bowl practice begins, Mackensie Alexander back at work

Dec 14, 2013, 1:22 PM

Bowl practice begins, Mackensie Alexander back at work

Clemson began practice for the 2014 Orange Bowl on Friday, but the media were allowed in to watch the first 40 minutes or so of Saturday's practice. Who forgot their hip pads? How did defensive back Mackensie Alexander look, and who gave him special attention? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont like the sound of this..

Dec 14, 2013, 1:29 PM

the fsu in the nat title game.we have to recruit against.and looks like they could win one of our guys to transfer to them.

Re: dont like the sound of this..

Dec 14, 2013, 2:19 PM

Nope. He will never play at FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2013, 2:41 PM [ in reply to dont like the sound of this.. ]

That will never happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2013, 2:46 PM [ in reply to dont like the sound of this.. ]

We better not allow him to transfer to Auburn or Florida State.

Hope he stays at Clemson

Dec 15, 2013, 12:18 AM

Minus his injury, this kid could have been the different maker in the secondary or the special teams play maker that could have put us in the NC, He probably would have been one of the game highlights of playing against his twin brother. We was a shutdown corner from playing in this year title game. BV would have been able to dial up more blitzes to pressure Jamieson as Fsu did to our qb. He just missed the opportunity do to a injury and will always wonder if he could have been the different maker for a team that was so close. This team will be very explosive offensively and defensively next year. After this year, I doubt ball security will be a factor or will minimized the opportunity to get to the playoff for 2014 season.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

CJ Spiller and Allen

Dec 14, 2013, 1:30 PM

In same boat. Not worried.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Would make me mucho sad

Dec 14, 2013, 1:31 PM

Kind of hard to understand why this kid is dissatisfied though. It was his own injury that kept him off the field. He does fill a position of need for us.

Re: Would make me mucho sad

Dec 14, 2013, 1:35 PM

just a kid dealing with being away from home for the first time. Coaches deal with this all the time. It is very common.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would make me mucho sad

Dec 14, 2013, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Would make me mucho sad ]

Agreed! It looked like we bent over backwards to keep him in the conversation, even though he was battling an injury. If he can't see that, he needs to step back and take another look. I doubt a spurlid would have given him the opportunity Dabo, et.al. have given.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Bowl practice begins, Mackensie Alexander back at work

Dec 14, 2013, 1:35 PM

First Ive heard about MA transfer. I know its been tuff on him this year not playing but sure hope the coaches are able to keep him on campus.

Dang, that report sounds terrrible. First of all, sounds

Dec 14, 2013, 1:39 PM

like Alexander is going to be leaving. The only thing wore than missing out on a huge recruit, is getting one that never plays a down and decides to leave. Now everyone has Auburn fever, but last year at this time, Auburn was the worst bunch in the nation. They couldn't even hang close with anyone at the end of the year.

Not sure why everyone wants to make like Georgia and other teams have been so decimated by injuries. We have had huge injury issues. Our injuries have been as big as anyone in the country: Alexander, Dye, Watkins, Blanks, Peake, Timothy. We need all of these against top competition.

And that picutre of Alexander. Talk about someone looking like their heart and soul is a million miles away. Yes, FSU and Auburn had great years, but a season in the top ten and an Orange Bowl invite is not exactly chpped liver. Had we beaten South Carolina or FSU, just one of them, we'd be number 3,4, or 5.

I think we really missed Blanks vs South Carolina. Everyone on Tnet gave the usual, "we won't miss him, Kearse has een playing better". Well, Kearse may havve been playing better, but we need both of them. And as I rewatched the GaTech game from just the week before, Blanks was in on almost every down.

This article made me depressed.***

Dec 14, 2013, 1:45 PM

Our staff will NEVER give a transfer release to FSU or AU

Dec 14, 2013, 1:48 PM

Who wrote this article? You clearly have no concept of the procedure for transfer. Mackenzie is obligated by the scholarship papers he signed to stay at Clemson. He cannot transfer to another team until Clemson releases him from that obligation. He will NEVER be released to a team simply because they are playing in the NC game and MA thinks the grass is greener. This is why you generally see transfers go to lower division schools or less competitive teams (see Brandon Maye at Miss State). Any coach would be a fool to release a player to top competition. Recruiting is over Mack.

i think players can go anywhere they like provided they pay

Dec 14, 2013, 1:51 PM

their own way for a year.

i agree, most programs in clemson's position would never release him to either of those skewls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only pay there way but don't they have to sit

Dec 14, 2013, 2:04 PM

2 yrs if school doesn't release them and 1 if they do?

it's a good question, the rules are pretty involved

Dec 14, 2013, 2:08 PM

including permission to contact letters.

he can go anywhere he wants, doesn't make it easy. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe you are right. People need to understand that a

Dec 14, 2013, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Not only pay there way but don't they have to sit ]

lot of players get homesick their freshman year even if they are playing some. This kid with big expectations for himself and from others was injured and not able to do play football that he loves. Not a recipe for overcoming homesickness. Just hope that getting well and back in the groove and going home for some family time at Christmas will help the homesickness.

Re: Our staff will NEVER give a transfer release to FSU or AU

Dec 14, 2013, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Our staff will NEVER give a transfer release to FSU or AU ]

Didnt think about that. And it already makes me feel better.

Dec 14, 2013, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Our staff will NEVER give a transfer release to FSU or AU ]

Brandon Maye was a totally different situation, he already graduated and his mother was sick so he wanted to be closer to her.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 14, 2013, 2:16 PM

Very true. Brandon's situation was different however I doubt Clemson would have released him to FSU or SC even if it were near mom.

Wouldn't he have to sit out ANOTHER year if he transferred?

Dec 14, 2013, 1:49 PM

Doesn't sound like something that a person that wanted to play immediately would want to do. Homesickness can be cured with the right kind of support.....Hopefully Dabo and Company are on it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Dec 14, 2013, 2:11 PM

WOW

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you for pointing that out NYC Tiger

Dec 14, 2013, 2:41 PM

He wouldn't be playing until he was 20 if somehow he got out of his obligations to Clemson. We want and need him and he'll never escape mwah ah ahahhhhhhhh. No but seriously Dabo will make it right.

doesn't it.***

Dec 14, 2013, 2:42 PM

This is really***

Dec 14, 2013, 2:54 PM

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

This is really

Dec 14, 2013, 2:55 PM

The 1st I've heard about him wanting to transfer. I hope the staff can fix this. If not , Dabo is a nice guy and will grant him his transfer request.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

WRONG!

Dec 14, 2013, 7:24 PM

Right on Dabo being a nice guy,but this has nothing to do with that. Dabo would have held off recruiting other guys to make a place for MA. Why would he just give that up because someone is a little homesick? And on the other side of that.........why would you grant a transfer to a school that you recruit against ? If he has to leave, he will need to drop down to play right away or sit out another year. That is fair, like it or not. We could have lost out on other guys that wanted to come here. I really hope he pulls a CJ and becomes a Clemson Star.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Dec 14, 2013, 3:05 PM

What is the deal with MA wanting to transfer? I haven't heard any of this.

Dec 14, 2013, 3:08 PM

well then maybe you should spend less time protecting us from the towelheads then. lol

Dec 14, 2013, 4:29 PM

I just hope they can keep their practices private. Spies could have been a problem with both games we lost.

This Alexander thing kind of came out of nowhere didn't it?

Dec 14, 2013, 5:52 PM

WTH?

His life, not yours, people...

Dec 14, 2013, 6:09 PM

Don't think he'll be given the OK to xfer to FSU, but he may be given the green light for Auburn. He'll have to sit out another year though.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo may have to re-recruit Mackensie all over again***

Dec 14, 2013, 7:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will he be a spiller or a Bellamy?***

Dec 14, 2013, 7:28 PM

Dec 14, 2013, 9:08 PM

Did the transfer words come out of his mouth or is this some more BS people love to stir up........sounds like someone just wants to stir chit up......

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic