Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Orange Bowl could be road to redemption for Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Orange Bowl could be road to redemption for Tigers

Dec 9, 2013, 3:07 PM

Orange Bowl could be road to redemption for Tigers

Next up for Clemson is a date with Ohio St. in the Discover Orange Bowl, a chance for the Tigers to win a BCS game and start to erase the memories of 2012 loss to West Virginia. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Redemption or Statement Game?

Dec 9, 2013, 3:24 PM

It's absolutely both with a lean towards Redemption. Congrats to David Hood on this article. He hammered home several good points and did'nt sugar coat things.

Re: Front Page Story: Orange Bowl could be road to redemption for Tigers

Dec 9, 2013, 4:12 PM

I do not think this team nor Tahj needs redemption. We are not a top 5 team yet. This years FSU team might have been the best team we have seen in decades in any conference, we will find out when FSU takes the field against the representative from THE SEC! I do not see any weaknesses in that FSU team.. we will see if Auburn can expose 1.
If USC had not played a bad game against Tennessee we might have been watching USC against FSU.
We beat everyone we should have beaten, We knew there were 3 tough games on our schedule and we beat the weakest one. We are not where we want to be yet. We will find out in the Orange bowl how we stack up against the B10, we are 3 out of 5 against the SEC in the last 2 years. I do not think there is another team in the country that can make that claim.
Go Tigers

Dec 9, 2013, 5:00 PM

USC would have gotten their ### handed to them by Auburn too. they wouldn't be playing for the NC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But we aren't playing a Top 5 team in Miami either***

Dec 9, 2013, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Orange Bowl could be road to redemption for Tigers ]

Dec 9, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Orange Bowl could be road to redemption for Tigers ]

How can you say we beat the weakest one of the three when the very next week USuC lost to that very same team. If not for the injuries, a lucky play by Auburn, and 2 fumbles 1 each against Vandy and Missouri Georgia may have been playing FSU. Auburn wouldn't have even been in the SEC Championship game had it not had a football fall out of the sky against Georgia. Georgia was definitely better than USuC. Go Tigers lets send another OSU coach into permanent retirement.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers will get redemption and make a statement!

Dec 9, 2013, 4:54 PM

We will be very focused and Tajh and Sammy will play their best games. Huge win for Clemson right around the corner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC AND AUBURN

Dec 9, 2013, 5:32 PM

Too bad that didnt happen! That would have been worth cox winning their division. Prob would have been about the same as the only time they played in SEC C'ship game! :)

Ihaseldon

Dec 9, 2013, 5:37 PM

Your last sentence is a fact and I agree we are not a top 5 team but we may be a top 10 team.
I'm certainly not scared of Ohio st. Taj needs to redeem himself to help his draft stock

Dec 9, 2013, 5:40 PM

There is no reason why we shouldn't have beaten Carolina other than self destruction.

Dec 10, 2013, 7:49 AM

and they were the better team

Dec 9, 2013, 5:41 PM

Redemption & Statement. Good description. Another chance to show the character of this team. West Virginia, FSU and Carolina - 5 times are history that can't be erased. Beating Ohio State helps put a positive exclamation point on this year, helps with recruiting and is the transition we need to our 2014 season.

I believe we have the talent to win, but we'll need the kind of play we saw against LSU last year. Anything less, and we start over at consideration for being one of the big boys.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTBA-MD

If Tajh mentality psyched up for last years' LSU game he

Dec 9, 2013, 5:47 PM

has a lot more reason to do it again. As you point out, he has personally hurt his 'stock' this year and this is his last chance to reverse that to some degree. Likewise, Sammy has everything to prove as well, but less to reverse.

The real uncertainty is whether the entire offense reverts to the defeatist mentality. It's more than just Tajh, although he lets it drag him down, too. But even if we don't get every converted 3rd or the most yards on returns, or whatever, keeping the ball secure is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to achieve this game in my mind. The rest will probably fall into place.

Redemption from what? Only time we played OSU we won.

Dec 9, 2013, 6:57 PM

I can safely say that when we take the field there will only be two teams there. This isn't the SEC. If I was forced at gunpoint to think of another game then it would be our trip to Georgia next August.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one on this team was alive in 1978. History means nothing

Dec 9, 2013, 9:44 PM

"...what's past is prologue; What to come, In yours and my discharge"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Whatever. Just win. Dabo= 1-6 vs noncon AP Top 25 final poll***

Dec 9, 2013, 9:07 PM

JawJa was not a weak team

Dec 9, 2013, 9:26 PM

When we played them. Injuries caused them to lose three..... And allbarn's golden horse shore the fourth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

The author is a master of the obvious...***

Dec 9, 2013, 9:34 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2013, 9:37 PM

This article is excellent. It is the unvarnished truth. It expresses my feelings exactly.

My comments in this space have generally been blunt. David puts it much more eloquently.

I cannot explain why I feel so disappointed in Clemson Football. They're 10-2 and going to the Orange Bowl, site of our greatest triumph and greatest humiliation. I have never gotten over the humiliation. That final score was on the ESPN Clemson page for a year! It stuck in my craw then, and it still does. The win over LSU, after another let down season made me glad, but I did not watch the game until March or April. I was so upset during the game I turned it off. Winning at the last second seemed to auger good things to come.

The Georgia win solidified that feeling. Then reality set in. Pardon me, but even though Clemson won, it was never satisfying. What happened to the team that looked like world beaters against UGA?

Then FSU. Another game I turned off after the first play fumble. How could a team look as if it was the first time the players had ever met each other? I gave up. I still do not tell people I'm a Clemson grad.

Then came high-scoring wins, but there was always the feeling that things weren't right.

And they weren't.

The Carolina game brought all my nightmarish fears back. And there they stand.

Clemson fell into the Orange Bowl because FSU is in the Big Game. Clemson hasn't had a big win since UGA.

Now the Orange Bowl looms. Against the would be Championship contenders.

Which team will show up? The men or the boys?

I will not watch that game. I've had it.

I'll record it, and track it, but if they lose like dogs again. I will simply delete it and withdraw to my cave. Maybe I'll burn my Clemson gear.

So, players, show up and impress the world. Beat OSU.

It's up to you. The so-called brilliant coaching staff have shown themselves to be inept. It's up to you, players.

You aren't paid millions. The coaches are. Only you can do yourself and your school proud.

Boyd, Watkins, Beasley, Shuey, McDowell, Bryant. Are you men or boys?

We'll see... and so will the football world.

With fans like this...***

Dec 9, 2013, 9:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Are you still in Middle School? Geez Louize, go ahead &

Dec 9, 2013, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Orange Bowl could be road to redemption for Tigers ]

burn it now.

I for one, will be cheering on my Tigers!

The media sets us up to be over-achievers and I can't say I

Dec 9, 2013, 10:09 PM

disagree. It seems lately that we'll end the bowl season strong or start the new season strong and the media gives us a lot of love. Probably due to the fact that we're typically going to be at the top of the Atlantic division and we're not afraid to play and beat SEC teams. However, we've found a way to just totally face plant on national television leading people to say we're "the same ole Clemson again". I know it's hard to complain about being 10-2, but the way those 2 games played out really leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I want to believe that we're turning the corner and becoming one of the nation's perennial powers, but then we don't show up in 2 of the 3 measuring stick games we have this year. Elite teams don't do that. It's hard for me to reconcile that.

Ohio St will gain nothing from beating us because again it will be "the same ole Clemson". Analysts say that FSU hasn't even been tested this year which is a sideways insult to our Tigers, but it's hard to argue that point.

We stand to gain a bit of respect by beating Ohio St, but we won't gain much. People have doubted Ohio St all season. It'll go a long ways towards recruiting, but we won't gain much ground in the media's eyes.

Alas, that's college football and it sucks to see it come to an end. Here's to giving the Buckeyes a lot more than they bargained for.

Well said***

Dec 9, 2013, 10:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our best win ever and worst loss ever

Dec 10, 2013, 12:49 AM

came in the Orange Bowl. I just want Clemson to play to their potential.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People have doubted Ohio State all season

Dec 10, 2013, 7:17 AM

Yes, they have but IMO they've only doubted that they are a top 5 team. I think most folks think they're ranked appropriatly now and it would be a huge win for us as well as redemption for our last Orange Bowl appearance.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic