Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review

Dec 2, 2013, 9:08 AM

South Carolina Review

South Carolina Review
The Clemson-South Carolina rivalry has turned into something that reminds me of many people's nightmare trip to Las Vegas.  It’s like you used to have some success in Vegas and are used to winning money but on this trip you get on a bad roll and start to press.  I have

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review

Dec 5, 2013, 5:32 PM

Most of us recognized during the Florida State game that we weren't yet a top tier team. Better, but still a lot of room for improvement.

Dabo is becoming a talented football CEO, but still learning. When he stops learning we'll need to find someone else, but he keeps taking us up a notch each year. No, not as quickly as we would like, but he is clearly building a good foundation. He is not Saban and he is not Spurrier, but if he keeps working at it, Dabo will make a name for himself and move Clemson into a top tier organization.

It will take deeper talent on both sides of the ball and perhaps some new Assistants, and he has to teach his players to relax in big games and play to their potential. I don't believe Clemson would have gone 5 and 5 if they had played FSU 10 times this year. Maybe 9 and 1, but FSU is at a higher level than this year's team.

Clemson had a shot against USC, but turnovers and better coaching made it five in a row.

Let's get ready for a win in the bowl game and wish Taj and Sammy the best and thank them for some exciting games.

Dabo can have a long weekend after the bowl game, but then it's back to the planning room, getting a few more talented recruits, learning a little more from Saban and Spurrier and winning at least 10 again next year. It will be a more challenging season, but Clemson needs to continue to get into challenging situations and learning to win those games. Thanks Dabo and the Tigers for a pretty darn good year, but I hope you are not satisfied either!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTBA-MD

Dec 5, 2013, 5:45 PM

Good post!

Another embarrassing blog by Plyler

Dec 5, 2013, 6:18 PM

Heaven forbid Plyler EVER admit we just got beat. Blame it on turnovers, Mickey. Because with 9 minutes left we had two turnovers, USC had one turnover on downs in the redzone and we were LOSING before the turnover implosion. If we don't turn the ball over 4 times in the 4th quarter, we still probably lose.

Real concerns:

Inability to perform in the 4th quarter because we only play a couple of good teams all year. The rest of the game are over at halftime.

Chad Morris created a great system, but is not making good adjustments. If it's not working he can't adjust on the fly.

Defensively, we have put all of our eggs in one basket the last 4 years. You can't dedicate the entire game to stop the RB against a good team/coach. They will adjust around you like USC did.

Enough is enough. I am serious, Dabo needs to go. We went 1-2 this season and the team we beat didn't end up being THAT good. Sunshine pumpers like Plyler make up excuses each year and we will continue to get beat by those losers until we get a coach to take us to the next level.

Give me a blog and a radio spot and I will speak truthfully about Clemson football. Not this hackneyed fluff that is based on nothing.

Re: Another embarrassing blog by Plyler

Dec 5, 2013, 9:08 PM

The fact that Spurrier out coaches Clemson every tear should be debated, seems he always is one step ahead. He gave up the run to shut down the long pass game this year, and he always finds a crack to exploit, plus he never fails to have set up a dagger in the back play.

Re: Another embarrassing blog by Plyler

Dec 5, 2013, 10:07 PM

Yep - Spurrier knew Morris would keep passing even when the run game was working

You can make your own blog

Dec 5, 2013, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Another embarrassing blog by Plyler ]

like every other internet sensation. Any moron can do it.
What do you mean 'give me'? It doesn't Obama to do it.

Re: You can make your own blog

Dec 5, 2013, 9:31 PM

Oh really? I can just go make my own published and sponsored blog on a membership pay site that hosts over 1,500 viewers at all times during daylight hours? I can just make that? I was being facetious but you are being real dumb. Go to bed, its past your bedtime.

Re: You can make your own blog

Dec 5, 2013, 9:38 PM

Yep. You can. I was hoping you were facetious. It appeared to be more a rant than a blog.

Did you call it a "membershp pay site" when you don't pay?

Dec 5, 2013, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: You can make your own blog ]

Ironic ...

Huh?

Dec 5, 2013, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review ]

Your post says Dabo has done a great job but we may need to replace assistant coaches, we will need deeper talent on both sides of the ball (better recruiting) and you clearly state he's not Saban nor Spurrier. If Dabo may need basically a whole new cast (which he's already done after Napier and Steele) and better recruits even though we've brought in some studs, and he doesn't have the football mind of Saban or Spurrier...what is it that you value with Dabo...his passion?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Huh?

Dec 7, 2013, 10:54 AM

Dabo is still a young coach and I believe his record is better than Saban's year for year as a young coach. What I like about Dabo is that he is a learning coach. He is humble enough to visit other schools and coaching staffs to learn. We need that.

I'm good with Morris and Venables. Both continue to improve. I was suggesting that some specialty coaches may need to be replaced. We still are too vulnerable to a late run up the middle by a good quarterback. We back off our game when we are punched in the mouth by an intimidating defense or get behind early on by a quality offense.

Clemson is not going to get a big name coach and have him stay. Clemson will be a stepping stone for someone like that. We do well when we have young, untested coaches who learn on the job. Dabo's our man for now and as long as he goes 10 & 2 he's not going to be replaced, nor should he. Beat South Carolina? Of course, he has too.

The man is bringing exciting football to Clemson and quality character in his players. As long as he keeps that trend line in the right direction, he is our coach.

Next year will be a tough one for him, but I'll be pulling for him and so will most of the Clemson faithful.

CUTBA-MD

Dec 5, 2013, 10:02 PM

I would really like to hear your assessment of the Tiger coaching in this game at a detailed level. For example, please explain why the Sammy pass occurred in the first place? Why did we not run the ball down their throats in the second after once it was tied at 17-17. Why in the entire game with very few exceptions were the Tiger ends caught up field so as to allow Shaw to run outside rather than the ends being taught and coached on the box approach to rushing the passer so as to keep Shaw inside. Why do both Morris and Venables continue to use "their" coaching philosophy no matter what the game circumstances are, who the opposing personnel are and who the opponent is? Rather confusing me as a long time coach!

Dec 7, 2013, 9:30 AM

Long time coach??? All you have ever coached was a middle school soccer team. You don't fool anyone.

Dec 7, 2013, 9:46 AM

Can you ever write ANYTHING that addresses the issues of the topic at hand? You apparently have no background in any sport or sports and try to crap on people who do and whose opinions differ from yours. OK, it was only 18 years so I guess that's not long enough for you.
You really need to grow up and learn that there just might be people on this site and in this world a lot smarter than you with a lot more knowledge than you have! I will continue to post my thoughts re the Tigers and the coaching situation. When you want to learn something sport it might be a good idea to read up on the subject.
Clearly you are a closed minded individual with all the answers none of which appear to be correct. So go back in your hole, take your medications and if you ever become an adult perhaps you can start writing something that is more than 2 words!

Dec 7, 2013, 9:56 AM

A coach would never make your comments. You're a fraud. What time do your girls play soccer today?

Dec 7, 2013, 10:46 AM

Really now! I thought I told you to go into your hole, take your meds and go on the sewing board or something that you might understand. You need serious help. Have a nice day and maybe sometime you can accomplish something in life because it is clear you've done nothing so far except criticize other people who have.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic