Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat

Dec 4, 2013, 8:48 AM

Agony of Defeat

Clemson QB Tajh Boyd said it was disappointing to know that ending the streak against South Carolina was within Clemson’s grasp, but self-inflicted wounds allowed the streak to continue. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AGONY OF DEFEAT! yes I am still in agony!!***

Dec 4, 2013, 9:05 AM

Greetings from Columbia...

Dec 4, 2013, 9:08 AM

It sucks to live in this cesspool every week, but this week is simply unbearable. The #### lovers are out in force and in your face.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greetings from Columbia...

Dec 4, 2013, 9:23 AM

I feel for ya. My son lives there and has been dealing with it since Saturday. He even got into a scrap with 3 of them who refused to leave well-enough alone. He put a couple of them on the ground and chased down the 3rd. Never caught him, instead ran home and called me. Lol.

I believe Dabo and Co. nedd to spend more time with the

Dec 4, 2013, 9:30 AM

peasants and then he would get a better feel for the rivalry. I'm lucky enough to live in Clemson but work with a lot of peasants. The really obnoxious ones know to leave me alone, in five years we've already covered that...LOL

Feel for you brother...

Dec 4, 2013, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Greetings from Columbia... ]

I grew up in Cola, but the Tigers were 6-1 while I was there...I can't imagine suffering 2 in a row much less 5. Absolutely unacceptable...irrelevant that sc had "good" teams...past time for the "national coach of the year" to go

Re: Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat

Dec 4, 2013, 9:10 AM

Let's face it dabo will never beat usuc!Outside of him selling hie soul to the devil,what is a more plausible explanation?5straight defeats! 2 graduating classes w/out a victory!INCONCEIVABLE! We'll have to be content w/ impressive victories over D2 and inept acc schools.

Okay, I'll say it again...

Dec 4, 2013, 9:22 AM

GET BACK IN THE COOP!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go suck on your scratch Coot

Dec 4, 2013, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat ]

nm

Dec 4, 2013, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat ]

Why don't you SC people go to your ### board and talk about why a top 10 sec team is going to be playing in the outback again(could be CFA)?I'll tell you why,cause everyone in the world knows your a Mickey Mouse program and Orlando is the place for you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you are a geography major

Dec 4, 2013, 10:00 AM

Outback in Tampa/St Pete area

Capital One in Orlando

Love that Clemson education.

Still can't seem to win the SEC Championship....

Dec 4, 2013, 11:32 AM

I would rather lose as a Tiger Fan that live as a coot fan. The worm WILL turn and the Tigers will be on top again. GO TIGERS!

Dec 4, 2013, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat ]

Easy answer...BCS conference limits prevent more than 2 teams from any one conference from going to BCS games, so that they can let teams from lesser conferences play in the games, whether they are ranked lower or not

Dec 5, 2013, 9:02 PM

And what's the lack of a SEC Championship answer coot?

Dec 4, 2013, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat ]

Well, the article said "Clemson beat Clemson" so doesn't (by that theory of thinking) also mean Clemson won?

I thought it was an awesome display when.....

Dec 5, 2013, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat ]

SC rolled out the football trophy case at halftime. Did everyone see that? Oh, maybe next year. maybe next year SC will have a conference championship or a NC.

I would like for Coach Swinney to adopt Urban Meyer's

Dec 4, 2013, 9:13 AM

attitude moving forward.He said beating your rival twice in the last two years more important than their 24 wins in the past two seasons.You may not like him,but that is spot on.

Re: I would like for Coach Swinney to adopt Urban Meyer's

Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 AM

I dont like him but yes I agree with you here

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were losing by 7 before the implosion. Unacceptable

Dec 4, 2013, 9:37 AM

This article is propaganda to pull blame away from Dabo. Yes we imploded in the 4th quarter, but we were losing before the 4 turnovers in our last 5 plays. We very well could have lost without the 4 turnovers. Dabo has got to go and fans need to stop buying this crap.

Re: We were losing by 7 before the implosion. Unacceptable

Dec 4, 2013, 9:43 AM

I don't ever bite on the turnover excuse.If we run all our plays without SC on the field,I bet we could have cut or turnovers in half.Just kidding.But you know what I mean.

You know what happens when you fire 10 win coaches

Dec 4, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to We were losing by 7 before the implosion. Unacceptable ]

You get Ken Hatfield and Tommy West.

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Re: You know what happens when you fire 10 win coaches

Dec 4, 2013, 9:47 AM

That's fair, I am just frustrated and it makes it worse that Dabo and others are acting like turnovers were the ONLY reason we lost this game. We probably would have lost anyways because of poor play calling.

Dec 4, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to You know what happens when you fire 10 win coaches ]

Don't think Dabo will have the "Clemson University president hates your guts" issue like Danny did.I know it's all ancient history,but still can't believe the BOT went along with that moron Max Lennon.Heck,he leaves Clemson and can't even keep his job at Mars Hill.And you can go through the 100+ reasons Clemson fired Danny Ford--don't waste your time.Max hated Danny,end of story.

Dec 4, 2013, 11:34 AM

Yes that is all correct but it helps prove that good coaches don't want to go to nut house jobs. Lloyd Carr was 1-9 vs Jim Tressel and that got him fired. How has that worked out for Big Blue since.

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Dec 4, 2013, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what happens when you fire 10 win coaches ]

happens every time a ###### gets in a position of power.
worst day in in the history of SC except for maybe losing the civil war!

if you were born here, then that goes to the top of the list***

Dec 4, 2013, 3:00 PM

A-FREAK'N-MAN!

Dec 4, 2013, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what happens when you fire 10 win coaches ]

This is the best post in the history of TNET! So dang true it hurts!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2013, 9:57 AM [ in reply to We were losing by 7 before the implosion. Unacceptable ]

Really dude.... We all are disappointed by the loss but don't be saying dabo needs to go...

I graduated in 81 , have only missed 2 home games since 77 was at the beat downs and the great wins.... The point is you are spoiled.

This program is and has been on a steady climb since Dabo took over. I truly believe we are in for greater things. We definitely don't need to ditch the coach because players made mistakes. Yes it sucks and yes its friggin 5 in a row but the back of my truck still has 2 tiger paws and "All In" that stays there good times or bad. Keep lookin up my friend !

Dec 4, 2013, 10:13 AM

Just to be clear on my part.I am a pumper and Dabo needs to stay.He will get it done.He just can't take the shortcuts permitted by some SEC schools to get there.Academic misfits,character issues OK,JUCO's and flat out criminals.Odd how former coot players migrate back to that cesspool known as Columbia and we read about them in the paper every year.

You're wrong. The first 2 turnovers were the most costly

Dec 4, 2013, 10:40 AM [ in reply to We were losing by 7 before the implosion. Unacceptable ]

resulting in 14 points. The others were just icing on #### cake.

Re: You're wrong. The first 2 turnovers were the most costly

Dec 4, 2013, 1:24 PM

I totally agree.

Re: Thought Turnovers Reflected Coaching

Dec 4, 2013, 9:52 AM

Ooops Sorry guys, as an ignorant Gamecock, I thought turnovers were a part of the game; just like blocking, kicking, running, throwing, etc. In Columbia our guys are taught that holding on to the ball or not throwing the ball to the other guys is an important aspect of the game. Shaw threw ONE int all season, Tajh MaTillman Hall threw 2 in one quarter. Perhaps if the Clemson coaches spent some time on ball protection rather than trick passes and All In BBQs you would have a chance. You are right,Clemson did beat itself by poor preparation once again. OK, this is a tacky post but you guys crying about turnovers like they were an act of God is beyond stupid.

Re: Thought Turnovers Reflected Coaching

Dec 4, 2013, 10:04 AM

You guys just don't get it,do you?I understand about turnovers as in my previous post.Now go play in your bowl,send out some tweets congratulating your coach on five in a row and another outback bid.Then tell him losing to Kentucky next year will be unacceptable.I have no doubt,when it comes to the sec,you guys will gamecock again.Yes,five in a row.We all get that.

Re: Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat***

Dec 4, 2013, 9:57 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Danny Ford had more power

Dec 4, 2013, 10:01 AM

And popularity than Max Lennon could have ever dreamed , and he was a good ol southern boy that so many of us loved and Max Lennon resented that

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Danny Ford had more power

Dec 4, 2013, 10:15 AM

Good Ole southern boy who emphasized toughness and running the ball. clemson's new emphasis is speed and quick reaction. clemson's offense is awesome, but its made for our conference. we will continue to win many games, and struggle with the coots. its just a bad matchup for us.

Ford's firing was the curse

Dec 4, 2013, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Danny Ford had more power ]

We are still suffering from that curse. I am hoping the fact that Dabo is a Bama boy too will eventually allow him to break the curse, but doubt has started to creep in...

Actually, the four turnovers were after USC took the lead...

Dec 4, 2013, 10:14 AM

The game was not tied at that point, USC had a seven point lead. Sort of misleading to suggest that the game was all tied up until Clemson "shot themselves in the foot" with all those unassisted turnovers.

Peasants? Good response! That should solve the problem.***

Dec 4, 2013, 10:42 AM

Dec 4, 2013, 10:50 AM

There's a lot of butthurt in this story.

Dec 4, 2013, 11:02 AM

why should mr.hood be surprised at the loss.. he predicted it. as for only 318 yds.. when you are given a short field. yards matter little.

turnovers, when you play tight, you're most likely to turn the ball over.

its very evident in the last 5 games, usc expects to win, Clemson plays like they hope to win.

Dec 4, 2013, 12:03 PM

How in the world can he say our offensive line "played extremely well"? We gave up 5 sacks, most all year!! Yes, we chewed up some yards and gashed the coots a few times, but, by no means did we "work their D-line over".

We had victory within reach, once we tied it up. But, when their end took the ball from Tahj, the momentum changed drastically. Possession is 9/10s of the law...and while a couple of the turnovers may have been careless mistakes, the coots made plays to gain possession. It's painful to think had we made just one or two plays to take the ball from them, the outcome could have been totally different.

Dec 4, 2013, 12:08 PM

COOT...I have fries with that !!!

Dec 4, 2013, 1:32 PM

"Clemson’s offense ran just 57 plays and still racked up 352 yards of offense, averaging over six yards per play. Imagine if the Tigers hadn't turned the ball over six times."

I'm still trying to imagine this but my brain is mucked up with visions of 6 turnovers. I'll keep trying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2013, 2:23 PM

I believe that Tajh being gone will actually help us in big games. He plays way too tight, doesn't protect the ball and basically chokes.

I love Tajh. He has been great for our university and football team, but outside of beating LSU and FSU once, he failed in big games, especially the coots. Unfortunately Clowney was right when he said, "When we pressure him, he gets the jitters and starts throwing crazy balls." Sometimes, the truth hurts. We whipped the crap out of a bunch of crappy teams, but did not show up in the big games.

I believe that Kelly or Watson will right the ship. Stoudt is turnover prone also. He fumbled twice this year while being sacked, and lost both. Very accurate passer, doesn't throw many picks, but he doesn't protect the ball when being tackled, same as Tajh. Look at the picture of Tajh when he fumbled. Holding the ball with ONE hand. Soon as you get hit, you should wrap that baby with BOTH hands. But he didn't, and that's basically the story in the two losses this year, Tajh turning it over. That fumble when he was sacked by Pryor [after Tajh turns the wrong way] was the nail in the coffin in that game, and his fumble against the coots when driving for the tying score was the nail in the coffin for that game.

God forbid we should play Alabama in a bowl game. Saban will dial up so much pressure that Tajh will probably have about a dozen turnovers. By halftime.

^^^ Yes! Thank you. Let Cole play at the OB.

Dec 4, 2013, 6:55 PM

This is so not going to be popular. I expect my pulse to plummet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2013, 2:52 PM

So, no credit for the South Carolina players forced the fumbles, including the strip against Tajh, or the strip on the kickoff? If every turnover was like that of the first punt muff, then I could see a "Clemson beat Clemson" article. But two strips, and South Carolina's safety read that play at the beginning of the game perfectly. South Carolina had a huge hand in those turnovers more so than Clemson players just making mistakes. That is why there are fumbles, and forced fumbles.

This is why people can't stand clemson sometimes. Clemson never gets beat by a better team. Clemson always "beats themselves". I heard the same bull crap after the FSU win. Yes the offense moved the ball well, but what about the few times South Carolina forced a punt? South Carolina's defense played well against a very good, fast paced offensive team. Get over yourselves.

Dec 4, 2013, 6:00 PM

Some of you people are outta your flippin minds. Nobody fires 10-2. What idiot would suggest it? If you like the spurrier way -- and he knows how to win -- then be a coot.

Re: Front Page Story: Agony of Defeat***

Dec 4, 2013, 6:02 PM

Dec 4, 2013, 6:05 PM

U must be one of the spoiled cu grads. The early turnovers had everything to do with the loss. I don't like it but coaching cannot be blamed for the loss.

Respect for players/coaches

Dec 4, 2013, 6:53 PM

But wish they could come to work with me in Columbia for a day.

Bad coaching & play by CU, but also 5 great steals by SCar

Dec 4, 2013, 7:14 PM

It wasn't just Clemson beating Clemson (CBC). It was also SCar's superior coaching and play, which is why they've won the turnover battle every year for the last 5 losses. Look at the turnovers...

Bad coaching: The coaches foolishly risked calling for Sammy to pass when we were marching down the field.

Bad play by Clemson: Humphries muffed a punt thanks to poor play both by Humphries and Brant (both coachable mistakes).

Good defense by SCar: They twice actively STRIPPED the ball. One time the guy shockingly took it away from Tajh. The other time, the guy stripped Humphries from behind. And twice SCar intercepted the ball due to good defensive play which caused Tajh to be rushed and try to force the ball into tight windows where SCar DBs made good plays.

Our defense didn’t force any turnovers and SCar didn’t make any stupid mistakes, like punt muffs. SCar earned 5 takeaways and therefore earned a win.

I thought the OL played ok. Much better

Dec 5, 2013, 1:26 AM

than some games this season. Having Battle in there really helps. Thomas played fantastic on Doo Doo. Yes, they had five sacks, but they weren't getting pressure with the front four line in years past, they were having to blitz. When a team starts blitzing like that, you end up with not enough OLmen to block them all. They were very good run blocking, to bad we didn't put that to more use. The OL played plenty well enough to win

Keep this story front page til next year

Dec 5, 2013, 9:09 PM

Nothing else matters now until we put those knuckle dragging mouth breathing inbred retards back in their rightful inferior place. Not acceptable!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic