Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson AD urges fans to contact Orange Bowl officials, buy tickets through Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson AD urges fans to contact Orange Bowl officials, buy tickets through Clemson

Dec 2, 2013, 5:12 PM

Clemson AD urges fans to contact Orange Bowl officials, buy tickets through Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Radakovich didn't realize that we cancelled

Dec 2, 2013, 5:13 PM

the rest of the season after Saturday night?! What bowl game?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we deserve orange bowl?

Dec 2, 2013, 7:18 PM

I went to the West Virginia fiasco, I am not going to see this team lay an egg against Bama.

Beat the #####.... I can care less about a bowl right now.

You would think that a coot fan would want to see anybody

Dec 2, 2013, 11:31 PM

in a BCS bowl since they will never make one themselves.

Re: Do we deserve orange bowl? H3$$ Yeah!

Dec 4, 2013, 1:34 AM [ in reply to Do we deserve orange bowl? ]

You logic lays an egg.
If every fan felt that way, about a loss, college football would have ended in a few short years after it began.

That's similar logic complaining about a weak schedule, and then have the opportunity to play someone strong, and then
complain about that, too.
Good Grief! -C.Brown
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After what Dabo and Co. did last time down there, what makes

Dec 3, 2013, 6:14 AM [ in reply to Radakovich didn't realize that we cancelled ]

him think I want to drop another grand to see something like that!!

Re: Football Update: Clemson AD urges fans to contact Orange Bowl officials, buy tickets through Clemson

Dec 2, 2013, 5:15 PM

It's sad that we once again have to fire up the fax machines. Win sat. night and it's a done deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson AD urges fans to contact Orange Bowl officials, buy tickets through Clemson

Dec 2, 2013, 6:00 PM

I agree ;winning takes care of everything ; why pay big bucks just to get embarrassed on nationwide tv again ;remember the last Orange Bowl

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah think about our bowl game last year, what an

Dec 2, 2013, 6:40 PM

embarrassment..

GO TIGERS

We don't deserve the orange bowl.***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson AD urges fans to contact Orange Bowl officials, buy tickets through Clemson ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you get a vote?***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:32 PM

If the AD wants fans to buy tickets through Clemson...

Dec 2, 2013, 5:17 PM

they first need to insist on better seating and then they need to do a better more equitable job of distributing the tickets.

The 04 Peach Bowl debacle really turned-off a lot of fans from purchasing bowl tickets through IPTAY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I tried to buy tickets to the 04 Peach Bowl and was

Dec 2, 2013, 5:24 PM

denied. With my IPTAY level, points, and cumulative giving, I thought there was no way I would get turned down. Biy was I wrong. ANd then when I heard what happened, I was ticked off. I haven't tried to buy Bowl tix through Clemson since.

If Clemson gets the Orange I will be going, but I will not buy through IPTAY.

The way they handled it pi$$ed me off and I got tickets***

Dec 2, 2013, 5:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The way they handled it pi$$ed me off and I got tickets***

Dec 2, 2013, 8:50 PM

Had the same thing happen to me for the UT game. I was sold 4 tickets, never received them so I got worried. Visited the ticket office and they told me my card was going to get refunded the money due to no tickets.

This
Was
Days
Before
The
Game

Haven't bought since, but I will think about going back if they change some things.

yeah they really know how to show appreciation to the loyal

Dec 3, 2013, 6:16 AM

members

^^This^^

Dec 2, 2013, 5:34 PM [ in reply to If the AD wants fans to buy tickets through Clemson... ]

Unless you have a gazillion IPTAY points, your seats will suck. I always buy elsewhere and will continue unless something changes.

Not to mention how early they want you to send $$$ for what

Dec 2, 2013, 7:09 PM [ in reply to If the AD wants fans to buy tickets through Clemson... ]

usually turn out to be crappy seats, if any at all.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the AD wants fans to buy tickets through Clemson...

Dec 2, 2013, 7:40 PM [ in reply to If the AD wants fans to buy tickets through Clemson... ]

100% agree. We give the $ to Iptay, and get the goal line/end zone tix, but Ticket Master and E-Bay, etc have plenty of great seats. It suck to see that. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the AD wants fans to buy tickets through Clemson...

Dec 2, 2013, 9:12 PM

The only way to fix that is, don't buy any ticket unless you know exactly what you are paying for. The folks in what ever city the games are being played in, get better seats that the real fans of the bowl teams. Stop buying cracker jack tickets. You never know what's in the box, if anything!!! That is no different than being out of gas in the middle of a desert. And buying a gas can without a gas station for hundreds of miles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at any bowl. They sell the best seats to the locals

Dec 2, 2013, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: If the AD wants fans to buy tickets through Clemson... ]

because they will be the ones supporting them year end and year out. Nothing unusual there plus most people aren't buying the better seats from places like StubHub just the cheaper ones.

Re: Look at any bowl. They sell the best seats to the locals

Dec 3, 2013, 6:30 PM

Stub hub, etc. have some premium seats and stuff others can't get hold of. If the fans of the participating teams got good seats there would be fewer empty seats at these games. The "locals" don't have a dog in the fight, and most are corporate folks who have no passion about the games, unless it involves their team, and that is rare. The same is true at GT. Their premium seats are sold mainly to corporate folks. Those seats are painted the yellow color their fans usually wear so no one can tell when seats are empty. I'm hoping Radakovik won't turn our program into what they have at GT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buy tickets through Clemson -- Get IPTAY Bonus Points

Dec 3, 2013, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Re: If the AD wants fans to buy tickets through Clemson... ]

Reward the fans who provide support.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a joke

Dec 2, 2013, 5:17 PM

I understand where he is coming from, but c'mon man. This is the same AD that sells block tickets to third parties at deeply discounted prices so he can say he has a sell out! i.e. El Cid game.

Can't have it both ways.

Re: What a joke

Dec 2, 2013, 8:52 PM

The Citadel game had a great turnout. I don't think what your saying had much to do with that. I know a ton of Citadel grads who are Clemson fans that just love to go to the game. Not buying that was the reason for the sell out. No matter though......sellouts against SC State and Citadel is #### strong.

Selling tickets to Clemson games to create a sellout and

Dec 2, 2013, 11:19 PM [ in reply to What a joke ]

get additional revenue for athletics is a joke???????? Seen everything now!!!!!!

orange bowl

Dec 2, 2013, 5:20 PM

Done, i let them know that we travel well and we are an exciting team to watch

Sat night wasn't very exciting.***

Dec 2, 2013, 6:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably wasn't for Bama either. Maybe we should just give

Dec 2, 2013, 11:20 PM

up football.

Re: Probably wasn't for Bama either. Maybe we should just give

Dec 4, 2013, 1:11 AM

Yeah, if you can't have an undefeated season
every year. You probably should quit. By the
way, how many teams go undefeated every year?
I think it's most of them, which wrecks
our poor 10-2 record...tsk, tsk, tsk.
'just amazing...
changing gears....
By the way, I personally don't believe there would have
been a poor showing in 2012, if the OB Committee had exercised some judgement, and not scheduled on Wednesday. That basically sucks a week of vacation for fans, instead of having a long weekend to balance the return leg of the trip. I still can't believe they would have execised such poor judgment, and then have the nerve to complain about attendance.
GO TIGERS!!!

I did that in 2011

Dec 2, 2013, 5:20 PM

And my seats were awful. Other Tiger fans went through different outlets for the same price and got better seats (although it was only closer to the butt stomping).

Sorry, but IPTAY needs to work on getting better seats for bowls.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

and that's probably not going to happen...

Corporate sponsors always have an always will have the better seat allocations for Bowl games and the only way for most fans to have access to those seats is via the secondary markets.

Dec 2, 2013, 5:22 PM

Done

Get us better seats and we will....the last I bought through

the tix office was the CFA game against Auburn....I WAS TWO ROWS FROM THE TOP OF THE DOME! They sucked and cost a lot and insult to injury....we lost.

So thanks but no thanks.

Re: Get us better seats and we will....the last I bought through

Dec 2, 2013, 6:31 PM

So that was you sitting next to me! Imagine that, small world... ;)

Dec 2, 2013, 5:27 PM

I bought bowl tickets thru Clemson up until about 2000. My seats always sucked. You can get much better tickets, sometimes at less expensive prices, thru the bowl than you can thru Clemson. DRad is plenty bright enough to understand this. Agree with poster above that said Clemson needs to cut a better deal with the bowls for better seat location. I don't think there will be a huge Clemson turnout for this game due to losing 5 in a row to USC and also the distance.

Dec 2, 2013, 9:28 PM

They allot the schools the crap tickets and make them pay for what they don't sell, knowing they are offering better tickets. School end up paying for their teams to go play in the bowl games. And the bowls make a huge profit!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If We Can Light Up Every Hesiman Poll then Vote for the OB!

I hit Facebook

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I'll pay more for good seats and less for crappy seats so

you figure out how to make it work Mr. AD. StubHub has.

Agree. If they want to sell tix, scrap priority and show

Dec 2, 2013, 7:13 PM

the location/cost of the tix you are about to purchase so we can make an informed decision.

Sounds like many Clemson folks

consider it more important to have a good seats in Atlanta instead of a not so good seats in Miami. I guess their seats are more important than what's best in the long term for the Clemson football program. No school has control over seats provided by the bowl.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I have to pay nearly $200 for tix, they better be good.

Oct 3, 2018, 7:35 AM

Even more so if I have to go to the extra expense of getting to Miami. Clemson can't give me any idea where my seats might be until they send the tix...that's not good enough.

With prices where they are and the expense of travel, we'll be lucky to sell half our allotment.

Like we can get seats in Atlanta that aren't crappy, if at

Dec 2, 2013, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Sounds like many Clemson folks ]

all.

Sadly, this last game seems to have taken the enthusiasm

Dec 2, 2013, 5:29 PM

out of many of us, especially those of us in Columbia, where we are greeted to "High Five" any Carolina fan we encounter.

Yep, I too live Cootlumbia and share in your agony.***

Dec 2, 2013, 8:45 PM

I sent my email!***

Dec 2, 2013, 5:32 PM

Dec 2, 2013, 5:46 PM

Bought mine! I'm All In All The Time!

How about our AD urging the Orange Bowl to give us decent

Dec 2, 2013, 5:46 PM

seats?

Its sad when you can get much better seats elsewhere.

The only people who buy tickets through their schools

Dec 2, 2013, 5:57 PM

for bowls are people who don't realize you can get better tickets for less than half that you pay the school.

It's also very weird that many people don't realize that it's very rare for bowls to sell out and tickets are very easy to get at the game.

The Orange Bowl hasn't sold out since 2006, FSU-Penn State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only people who buy tickets through their schools

Dec 2, 2013, 8:57 PM

If CU and Alabama play each other it will sell out.

I think so too but there will still be tickets for sell less

Dec 3, 2013, 6:26 AM

than face value.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't bought bowl tickets through IPTAY

Dec 2, 2013, 6:06 PM

Since they put me in the top row at the gator bowl a number of years ago. Make it worth my while and I will- how about some kind of IPTAY incentives every once in a blue moon. I get better seats at a lower cost on the open market. I just spent $400 on iptay USUCK tickets to be put in redneck heaven and watch some Ahole puke all over himself next to us during the first half.

No thanks

E-mailed mine.

Dec 2, 2013, 6:26 PM

E-mailed mine! Go Tigers!!

Why do we always seemingly have to appear as beggars....

Dec 2, 2013, 6:44 PM

instead of just earning the bid in "no doubt" fashion. Geez. If we have to beg for it, maybe we don't deserve it. Take care of business saturday and this isn't necessary.

It's not begging, it's letting the Orange Bowl know that

Dec 2, 2013, 6:48 PM

despite the dissapointment Saturday in Columbia, Tiger fans would show up and support the team should we go to the Orange Bowl.

GO TIGERS

True...***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Why do we always seemingly have to appear as beggars.... ]

Just tweeted, if you don't, then do you love your Tigers?

Dec 2, 2013, 6:46 PM

Support our Tigers

Tweeted them here too***

Dec 2, 2013, 6:49 PM

GO TIGERS

Can we urge him to fire Dabo?***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:03 PM

Re: Can we urge him to fire Dabo?***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:22 PM

Come on man, give it a rest.

Re: Can we urge him to fire Dabo?***

Dec 2, 2013, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Can we urge him to fire Dabo?*** ]

#1 I think your a coot fan. #2 people screamed fire Tommy Bowden and he beat the coots nearly every year but couldn't get us over the hump. Now we have a coach that is on the brink of a second BCS game to go with an acc championship that we've played for twice. He has got a crap record against the coots but got us relevant in the national scene. Maybe we should go back to Ken Hatfield or Tommy West. But most of these grippy whiny fire the coach after every loss morons don't remember those days when our offense was up the middle up the middle up the middle punt. Last but not least. Shut up about the West Virginia debacle! Guess no one remembers LSU and the fake tigers from the fake Death Valley getting beat by Dabo and the real Tigers. Good night

Emailed and also wrote on the Orange Bowl

Dec 2, 2013, 7:27 PM

facebook wall.

Let's go TIGERS!

Dec 2, 2013, 7:39 PM

Dear Dan,

The world has changed and fans now have choices. No longer do folks have to settle for corner end zone seats after donating mega bucks to IPTAY. IPTAY needs to insist on better seats and also having the ability to know the locations of the seats. By the way, where are YOUR seats? I seriously doubt that your seats are in the corner end zone. Let's show some leadership and sit with the folks.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 9:13 PM

(Disclaimer - this is not WCTiger, butI hijacked his acct for this since he taught me everything I know about CLEMSON football.)

#1 - The payout for the Orange Bowl is somewhere around $17 million. The payout for the Chick-fil-a Bowl is around $4 million. That's a very big difference, so our preference should be obvious, even if it's not most convenient for travel.

#2 - When we are now *hoping* to get into such a big bowl instead of just waiting, like a win Saturday would have brought us, we can't really make demands (like for better seats) on the bowl officials.

#3 - ALL-IN means ALL-IN, even in bad times. While I respect everyone's opinions and even the reasons why you choose not to buy through Clemson, just consider what he's saying, that's all. We, too, got screwed in the big Peach Bowl debacle years ago, and have purchased our tickets directly from the bowls ever since, but if we are lucky enough to get into the Orange this year it won't sell out, so there will be plenty of tickets for everyone. Though I totally agree there needs to be future incentives for the faithful bowl goers when they purchase through the school.

Put comment above in wrong place, sorry! Wasn't replying******

Dec 2, 2013, 9:26 PM

done & posted...but!

Dec 2, 2013, 7:49 PM

Yes, our seats in Bowl games have freaking sucked for most I've gone to with IPTAY tix as well & other outlets were better & not really much more expensive. I want to support our U & I PTAY & programs, but that' s crap when you pay big money & get stuck in the endzone behind the goalposts or corners & nosebleeds...wanna see the game & not just be there!
Why doesn't Clemson just buy up all the good seats the first day they come open on the other outlets & then repost all our sorry seating for sale in stubhub!??? ;)
GO TIGERS!

Buying through IPTAY is a bad value prop

Dec 2, 2013, 8:07 PM

You can pay less for better seats through stubhub.

Econ 101, Danny Rad.

I understand why he is asking...

Dec 2, 2013, 8:42 PM

...but I would get a good chuckle out of him looking me in the face and explaining why I should pay more for worse seats. LOL. It's not just us, but selling tix isn't even a big deal anymore relative to their TV money.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Dec 2, 2013, 8:42 PM

Shared on fb and emailed. Go Tigers!

Don't worry. WVU is better than Bama so we'll be OK.***

Dec 2, 2013, 8:49 PM

Think about here things...

Dec 2, 2013, 9:16 PM

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 9:13 PM

(Disclaimer - this is not WCTiger, butI hijacked his acct for this since he taught me everything I know about CLEMSON football.)

#1 - The payout for the Orange Bowl is somewhere around $17 million. The payout for the Chick-fil-a Bowl is around $4 million. That's a very big difference, so our preference should be obvious, even if it's not most convenient for travel.

#2 - When we are now *hoping* to get into such a big bowl instead of just waiting, like a win Saturday would have brought us, we can't really make demands (like for better seats) on the bowl officials.

#3 - ALL-IN means ALL-IN, even in bad times. While I respect everyone's opinions and even the reasons why you choose not to buy through Clemson, just consider what he's saying, that's all. We, too, got screwed in the big Peach Bowl debacle years ago, and have purchased our tickets directly from the bowls ever since, but if we are lucky enough to get into the Orange this year it won't sell out, so there will be plenty of tickets for everyone. Though I totally agree there needs to be future incentives for the faithful bowl goers when they purchase through the school.

You don't get the full BCS payout for a 2nd team

Dec 2, 2013, 9:26 PM

I think the "second" BCS bid for a conference is more along the lines of 5-7 million.

Still more than the CFA bowl by a long shot. Plus the ACC owns some part of the Orange Bowl so there is an ancillary payout later.

Re: You don't get the full BCS payout for a 2nd team

Dec 2, 2013, 9:28 PM

I think you are wrong on that.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'm Wrong and

Dec 2, 2013, 9:36 PM

IPTAY FAMILY is correct - from Wikipedia

Since each AQ conference is guaranteed at least one representative to a BCS game, each conference will receive approximately $21.2 million, plus an additional $6 million should a second conference team be selected. Although each conference has its own arrangement for the distribution of these funds

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

It gets even more confusing when you throw in bowl tie in

Dec 2, 2013, 9:45 PM

such as the SEC and Big 12 teams get BCS money but the teams don't get additional money from the Sugar....they get it from the conference because the conferences have that 100 million dollar affilaiton.

Same with the Orange and the ACC owing TV rights. The Rose has some financial share directly with the conferences. And then Notre Dame has its own side deals with the BCS and just about every bowl.

Its always funny to me when schools say they "lost money" on bowl games. The money is flowing freely. They just don't get it directly and there are so many layers of the onion to peel back. If schools were losing money, they would demand that the conferences not line up with new bowls. The bowls wouldn't be expanding if it was a money loser for the teams/conferences.

Nope

Dec 2, 2013, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: You don't get the full BCS payout for a 2nd team ]

Here is an article from 11. http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-01-24/sbj-bcs-payouts-grow-along-with-big-shares-for-big-six-conferences

"The Big Ten, PAC-10 and SEC are the big winners this year, with $27.2 million each, because they put they put two teams apiece in the BCS games.

The ACC, Big East and Big 12 will each receive $21.2 million."

And another. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/bowl-game-payouts-map-2011-2012-bcs_n_1174808.html

The year we went to the OB we got 22 million and VT got roughly 6.

Re: You don't get the full BCS payout for a 2nd team

Dec 2, 2013, 9:30 PM [ in reply to You don't get the full BCS payout for a 2nd team ]

Well, WC Tiger would have known that! Sorry I didn't. :) I should probably not post anything else. I'm gonna be in trouble.

Its still not chump change

Dec 2, 2013, 9:40 PM

and way more than any other bowl game payout. But its not 15 million more to the conference.

Give IPTAY points credit and I'll always buy through IPTAY

Dec 2, 2013, 9:24 PM

Otherwise give me a rational reason why I should spend more for less by purchasing through the school?

Its not the fans fault that the conferences shafted the schools by including tickets as part of the bowl payout. If you want to ensure you get 100% payout, get it from the ACC. Don't push that off on the fans...many of whom have already paid their donation, season tickets and road game tickets.

Its not the fans fault that the bowls encourage a system that opens up the secondary market and undercuts the schools.

Same thing happened to me when Scar played Auburn in the seccg... I paid for better seats only to witness a thrashing***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:08 PM

Cannot honestly say I want to see Tigers against Bama or

Dec 2, 2013, 11:09 PM

unnamed opponent such as Central Fla. Watching Manziell in Chick-Fil-A Bowl would be most interesting ball game.

1. Why would you not want to see Bama?

Dec 3, 2013, 1:58 AM

2. UCF will NOT be playing in the Orange Bowl. The guys making this prediction have not done their homework. I dare you to give me one scenario where UCF plays in the Orange Bowl.

The Orange bowl will get first pick to replace FSU with a (very likely) ACC opponent. Then they get first pick after the Sugar picks an SEC team and the Rose picks the PAC12 and B1G #1 or #2.

So the Sugar takes Auburn with an Auburn win and Ohio State win. They take Alabama with a Auburn win and Ohio State loss. They take Missouri with an Auburn loss and Ohio State win. They take Missouri with a Auburn loss and Ohio State loss.

So just out of the SEC the Orange will have an option of Missouri, Auburn or Bama. This doesn't even include Oregon, Baylor, Stanford, and Oklahoma State.

I sent the email, but

Dec 2, 2013, 11:27 PM

if you want me to buy my ticket through the ticket office you need to find a way to get us better seats. I consistently get better seats online than my friends get through the ticket office.

Will do with 3 conditions

Dec 3, 2013, 1:30 AM

1. Give me better seats
2. Tell me my exact section and seat number when ordering
3. Offer a price that is competitive with third-party sites

Paying more money for bad seats is bad fiscal management.

This is why I don't do bowl games anymore, the bowls hold

Dec 3, 2013, 8:27 AM

the schools hostage for money. The coaches won't turn down bowls because they want the extra practices. A BCS bowl usually is worth going to and good matchup, but the system as a whole is gross. If you've ever met bowl officials at a game, they get treated like gods by every school they visit during the season and then sleep on a pile of money at night. They might as well be bankers.

Then we request you offer us decent seats***

Dec 3, 2013, 8:58 AM

Dec 3, 2013, 9:03 AM

Why pay triple the price? The last time we went tickets were dirt cheap by game time. There is going to be plenty of seats available, if we even go. Having to beg them to take us should tell us something. Earn it!

Email sent-We want the Orange Bowl!

Dec 3, 2013, 9:44 AM

Go CUTigers!

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Email sent ! Need this - lots of money & exposure at stake !***

Dec 3, 2013, 11:00 AM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: email sent

Dec 3, 2013, 11:43 AM

I bet the Orange Bowl is glad they don't have a FAX machine and a worker named Patty!! Go Tigers.

Dec 3, 2013, 1:00 PM

Wonder how much laughing was going on between DRad and the Orange Bowl folks when he told them he was going to release a statement to make us feel like we might not get selected based on tickets?

Schools for all bowls get an allotment of tickets. The school, not the bowl, is responsible for selling them. Any ticket that it doesn't sell gets eaten by the athletic department. It stinks for schools, but fans know that they can get better seats from StubHub and the bowls directly than they can from their schools' ticket office.

I will not purchase lousy tickets at a premium to bail out the athletic department when I can get some corporate sponsor's tickets that a customer put on StubHub because he never planned on going to the game in the first place. Ford for $45,000 or Ferrari for 20,000? I'll take the Ferrari, please.

Good luck CUAD. You are up against a wall on this one. Maybe there are enough fans to bail you out, but I don't anticipate you selling more than 50% of your allotment at full value.

Replies: 90
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic