Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Chad Kelly thanks the Clemson fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Chad Kelly thanks the Clemson fans

Dec 1, 2013, 3:21 PM

Chad Kelly thanks the Clemson fans

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really think our players should stay off of twitter for a

Dec 1, 2013, 3:26 PM

days.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

this is Don Munson's work

Dec 1, 2013, 3:29 PM

he is telling all the players to be super positive on social media, hoping people will forget.

Propaganda at its best. Who thinks all these players....

Dec 1, 2013, 3:51 PM

would be coming out, basically saying the same thing, if not prompted?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really just don't buy this idea.

Dec 1, 2013, 8:50 PM [ in reply to this is Don Munson's work ]

I think this is just a very common thing to do these days. I see a lot of kids at my high school that post this type of stuff once their season ends no matter how that ending is. These types of feelings are just what comes with playing a sport you love on a team that you love.

Sickening reflection of Dabo. Upbeat hrs after 5th SCar loss***

Dec 1, 2013, 3:39 PM

Re: Sickening reflection of Dabo. Upbeat hrs after 5th SCar loss***

Dec 1, 2013, 3:44 PM

To be fair, I do see what you're saying. At the same time, Chad wasn't out there playing, I'm glad he's staying positive as I'm sure all the team, especially the starters, are hurting right now. Chad seems like he'll be another Clemson great and I'm proud that he and some of the team are staying positive. If it was Tajh saying that, I would be extremely disappointed. At the same time the past is the past and this team cannot dread on this loss, we still got a bowl to play in.

Um....

Dec 1, 2013, 3:43 PM

Do want them to whine about it like a bunch of b******? Thats what everyone else would love to see happen.

No, but the fact that they are in a happy, congratulatory

Dec 1, 2013, 4:25 PM

mood less than 24 hours after the 5th beatdown in a row by the coots shows that they don't get it - at all.

They should all be pi$$ed and disgusted at this point. They should and must pick themselves up and be prepared to fight again at some point, but it is way too soon. Come out in a week or two and high-five each other and thank everybody . . . or maybe after a bowl win. Not now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No, but the fact that they are in a happy, congratulatory

Dec 1, 2013, 4:55 PM

Maybe it's too soon for you, but really, who are you to right the prescription for everyone's process for getting over this loss, this series of losses, and this disappointing end to the regular season? Rivalry or not, it is just football. I don't feel like losing any football game should turn you into complaining idiots like a tremendous amount of the commenters on here. But that is just an opinion and I know I'm not the only one with one. There are a lot of people who can't see past their own noses and who allow the successes and failures of a college football team to define their worth and well being. If people want to be grumpy and pessimistic for days, weeks, until next season's opportunity to correct this, that is on them. It just seems really stupid and unfruitful to me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, but the fact that they are in a happy, congratulatory

Dec 1, 2013, 6:42 PM

Well said-we all love Clemson football but the fate of humanity is not dependent on it.

Re: Football Player Update: Chad Kelly thanks the Clemson fans

Dec 1, 2013, 4:15 PM

Thanks, Chad.
Ignore the whinners on the Internest. It is never fun to lose, but 10-2 is a good year and you have to move on.

10-2 but only beat one good team, UGA. 1-2 vs. big boys.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:37 PM

The ACC is a dumpster fire (aside from FSU & Clemson) so Clemson got to 10 wins again by beating cupcakes-- except UGA which was a good win. Otherwise Clemson beat 3 teams that had "winning" records (BC, UMD, & GT) but even those teams only got to 7-5 by beating a few cupcakes.

Re: 10-2 but only beat one good team, UGA. 1-2 vs. big boys.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:16 PM

You play your schedule. I don't want Clemson in the SEC, why? because they have no morals. Get in trouble, fine, just go on to the next team in the conference. We fit in the ACC, and all was well UNTIL So Car joined the SEC and then we are treated like red headed step children. The SEC East is not that great either. Florida is awful, TN is awful. who would have ever thought USuC and Mizzu would be the top teams in that division. The SEC West has carried the conference. actually the boys from Alabama have, bama and auburn. We won the games we used to lose. There are no "cupcakes". There are teams that play better, but on any week, anything can happen. You got who you got, so quit your b*tching about our schedule. there is nothing we can do to make any of the other teams better . What we CAN DO is to uphold our end and beat who we are supposed to beat OUTSIDE the conference.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not complaining about schedule. Just saying we're posers

Dec 1, 2013, 11:20 PM

People think we're great because we romp through an historically weak ACC Atlantic schedule and therefore get to the magical "10-win" threshold. (We played 2 teams in the SEC-East and we're 1-1. Think we'd have 10 wins playing in the SEC, including crossovers? No way.) Clemson is a pretty good team that can romp through a weak ACC schedule, but more often than not gets exposed by the good teams.

ACC’s conference SOS Sagarin rankings:
2013: Atlantic #9, Coastal #7.
2012: 7
2011: 7
2010: 4
2009: 4
2008: 3 TB ? DS transition.
2007: 5
2006: 5
2005: 4
2004: 2
2003: 1