Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Same Old Story
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Same Old Story

Nov 30, 2013, 10:39 PM

Same Old Story

Six turnovers, untimely penalties and an inability to stop a running quarterback - all familiar storylines - haunt the Tigers in a 31-17 loss to South Carolina Saturday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Headline says it all...Need to say Dabo Out Coached

Nov 30, 2013, 10:43 PM

once again by spurlid....Clemson is once again a laughing stock of football...thanks Dabo...you worthless ####

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm as mad as anyone about this loss

Nov 30, 2013, 10:46 PM

But I'm sorry you can't blame Dabo for a 6-turnover performance. There's no way you can win a game with a -6 turnover margin. Not one of those turnovers were Dabo's fault.

But it was Dabo's fault...

Nov 30, 2013, 10:49 PM

Cant absolve him of having the team not knowing how to hold onto the ball! How many turnovers did USuCk have!

Nuff said! We need FOOTBALL leadership!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But it was Dabo's fault...

Nov 30, 2013, 11:37 PM

I bet you are good at driving your car, but if someone rear ends you, it's your fault for being there in their way. That's what you are saying about Dabo. He coaches, but he can't control what is going on with his players thinking on the field. He coaches holding on the ball everyday. What else do you expect him to do. You teach your kids everyday what not to do, and you can bet your butt they don't always do what you teach them not to do. Those turn overs are on the players b/c they were coached to hold onto the ball. Period!!! And the guy that rear ends you, they were also taught not to do that. He is at fault, not the person who gave him his drivers license. Our guys didn't turn the ball over on purpose, but they did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 9:07 AM [ in reply to But it was Dabo's fault... ]

Dabo must go!

Dec 2, 2013, 12:14 AM

If you go first, maybe we will forget that is what you think. Slurrier must go, there were enough drunk coots in cootlumbia before slurrier and your whip it out pissing in the street coach came.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to But it was Dabo's fault... ]

What an idiot, did you rid the short bus, don't answer, we know the answer already!!!

Re: I'm as mad as anyone about this loss

Nov 30, 2013, 10:52 PM [ in reply to I'm as mad as anyone about this loss ]

Yes you can, the team is a reflection of the coaches. They are SOFT mentally and physically. Our program is a direct reflection of Dabo. SC benefits from having several advantages before the season is even played, and we have done NOTHING to offset those advantages.

Dec 1, 2013, 12:10 AM

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Dec 1, 2013, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm as mad as anyone about this loss ]

You hit the nail on the head. I got a good look on TV and 4 out of the 6 turnovers were because the players were spooked! Being a gentleman is very respectable, but on the field toughness rules and Clemson was not tough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm as mad as anyone about this loss ]

Correctamundo! Ultimately, the team takes on the personality of the head coach.

We need a slobberknocker of a coach!

Coaches called risky Sammy pass when O was marching at will.

Dec 1, 2013, 12:33 AM [ in reply to I'm as mad as anyone about this loss ]

That was arguably a 14-point swing (which is how much we lost the gam by). Even if you call it a 7-point swing, we might have come back at the end if we were only down 7.

Kick/punt returns (and kick/punt) coverage has been weak all year (and has been pretty weak for the last few years) but Dabo & staff haven't fixed it. That was 2 more fumbles (and crappy field position multiple times).

It's funny how for 5 straight years SCar beat us despite having comparable (actually slightly weaker) player-talent. I guess it's just bad luck. It has nothing to do with the fact that SCar hired a Heisman-winning, national championship, HOF coach while Clemson promoted a WR coach.

Clemson played 3 good teams (UGA, FSU, & SCar) and lost to 2 of them.

Dabo needs to move Batson out to pasture and hire the best strength & conditioning coach available.

Thats the second time they have tried that with Sammy and

Dec 1, 2013, 12:49 AM

it didn't work that time either. It must work perfectly in practice. I agree, CU was rolling, there was no need for the trick play. give the #### ball to Hot Rod!

Dec 1, 2013, 1:25 AM [ in reply to I'm as mad as anyone about this loss ]

You're right. I blame Dabo for letting Humphries return kicks all year, which basically took away one third of Sammy Watkins scoring chances, and tonight it REALLY bit us in the ###.

Re: Headline says it all...Need to say Dabo Out Coached

Dec 3, 2013, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Headline says it all...Need to say Dabo Out Coached ]

Couldn't agree more. Not on the bandwagon.

Morris' play calling

Nov 30, 2013, 10:47 PM

has been very suspect in big games this year. With the kind of night Hot Rod was having, why did Morris take the ball out of his hands so much? They couldn't stop him, but Morris kept on calling passes after McDowell was gashing them for big yardage. And the trick play on the opening drive...even before it was intercepted, I was groaning and wondering what the heck they were calling that for when they were winning their battles straight up.

Who does Morris report to?

Nov 30, 2013, 10:50 PM

All answers lead to Dabo.

I groaned as that play was developing as well...

Nov 30, 2013, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Morris' play calling ]

...but honestly, Humphries was wide open. A bit cutesy, but the play should have worked. Don't know what Sammy was doing.

In all, it was a horrible game, but I don't get the coach bashing after this one - other than to say that ultimately everything is on the coaches. ...like special teams coaching and not to flinch on a 4th and 1. But really, I thought the in-game coaching was fine.

The thing that's still missing from our team is a killer instinct and a tougher mentality. Never say die. Never quit - even if you're up by 20 or 30. You have to crush the other guy on every play...

Re: I groaned as that play was developing as well...

Dec 1, 2013, 7:30 AM

Lack of mental and physical toughness is squarely on the coaches. That is what lost the FSU game and this game.

Re: Morris' play calling

Dec 1, 2013, 7:29 AM [ in reply to Morris' play calling ]

Exactly! Trick plays should be used in desperate situations. Used anywhere else shows insecurity and no confidence in your play calling!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Same Old Story

Nov 30, 2013, 10:47 PM

I plead the fifth

Nov 30, 2013, 11:05 PM

Let's drink a fifth!

Nov 30, 2013, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Same Old Story ]

I plead that I'm gone for a while. You can never get angry people to think or respond clearly. Even though Dabo is excepting total blame, he isn't the one putting the ball on the ground.

Nov 30, 2013, 10:50 PM

Do not get on here talking bad play calling. The number of the night was 6. You can not win when you turn the ball over 6 times in a game. PERIOD!!!! If we do that against anyone, it is an L.

Nov 30, 2013, 10:53 PM

Can't argue with that. I've never seen the turnover battle so lopsided like this. But the play calling thoughts were on my mind before turnovers 4-6 happened.

Re: Front Page Story: Same Old Story ***

Nov 30, 2013, 10:55 PM

Morris

Nov 30, 2013, 10:57 PM

Run the ball Morris. 111 by McDowell. You are a fool and I think for 1 million we can do better

Re: Morris

Nov 30, 2013, 11:02 PM

Saying the coaches are at fault in this game is like saying you shot a bad round of golf due to your caddy. There were just so many mistakes by our players for people to even start questioning play calls.

I would mostly agree, but HotRod was clearly feeling it and

Nov 30, 2013, 11:44 PM

Morris didnt feed him. Yes the fumble punts and Tajh's fumbles and INTs are on the players, but with Hot Rod mostly running at will, did they not give him the ball 25-30 carries?? That falls back on Morris always pressing to score big and fast.

The beginning of the game looked like a mirror of last year

Dec 1, 2013, 7:26 AM

when were running the ball effectively, and then went away from using the run.

Also the defense couldn't stop Shaw. Last year it was Thompson, but same result.

Re: I would mostly agree, but HotRod was clearly feeling it and

Dec 1, 2013, 7:35 AM [ in reply to I would mostly agree, but HotRod was clearly feeling it and ]

Wrong. The team has shown during big games they can't handle the pressure and they look timid and scared. It is up to the coaches to instill toughness and aggression. These traits are permitted on the football field!

Nov 30, 2013, 11:06 PM

It's time for Dabo to go. I know most of you love him, but he's out coached whenever his players dont out star the team he's up against. Yes, he can recruit, but he can't coach. And for those who cling to the "he's taken Clemson where we haven't been in years", he's also taken us where we've never been.......EVER! 5 losses to the Gamecocks. Worst loss in a bowl game EVER. Worst loss in Death Valley EVER! The team reflects its coach. I'm done being a reflection of Dabo. I'll be Clemson Orange to my grave, but to hell with Dabo.

Would that I had more points to give.

Dec 1, 2013, 3:23 PM

I'm completely off the Dabo bandwagon. Everyone else is content with putting 50 on WF and BC and then getting blown out when it matters. Every big game, with the exception of UGA and LSU has been a blowout. I'm sick of Clemson looking like crap when we play on the national stage. And I'm mad as hell about losing to SCU for the last five years.

Tiger till I die but I'm through supporting our cheerleader coach.

Seriously I could have coached as good

Nov 30, 2013, 11:06 PM

As this bunch.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:15 PM

i've never

Nov 30, 2013, 11:17 PM

Seen so many people bashing dabo on t-net in my life. He can't pass,run,catch,block,and tackle. Don't put this on dabo our players did not play well though we prob. Outgained them tonight,but the fact is that we didn't take of the ball. I still believe in this coaching staff and the players. Would you rather have tommy bowden coaching?,because i'd betcha the result would probably be the same.

Remember, this happened last year,and it ended on a good note.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:18 PM

Agree 100%. Dabo must go. Embarrassment to Clemson. Good guy to beat wussy ACC schools but not a big game coach He is a salesman and will sell Clemson, but he is a cheerleader and not the head guy. He is leading is to new lows

You guys disgust me

Nov 30, 2013, 11:20 PM

I'm sorry, but anyone bashing Dabo needs turn in your colors and start pulling for another team. About the only thing I can agree on with what's said about him is his softness. I've noticed it for years and it always bothers me. There is no reason Dabo should be slandered like this. 6 MOTHERF^CKING turnovers! We gave the game away. We beat ourselves. Dabo didn't muff that punt, Dabo didn't get the ball stripped out of his hands, Dabo didn't throw those interceptions. Ball security, these are elite college athletes that have taught that since peewee league. I enjoy winning games. I love seeing our boys play great and accomplish things our program hasn't seen in years. What I love more though, is seeing a team held to such high standards. A team that doesn't have the horrible off field incidents that plague a lot of top tier programs. I suppose it's the kind of person I am. I was raised with integrity and morals. No one was talking #### when we beat LSU last year. Or Georgia in August. Should Dabo shoulder some of the blame, sure, he's the HC that's his job. But for you guys to sit there and rip into him like this in uncalled for. I'm #### proud of 3 10 win seasons. I'm proud of the integrity our boys have. Does it hurt to lose to USC, hell yea. But it's not the end of the world. We are on the verge of holding that Crystal ball. I know you guys want it now and don't have hope for the future, but I do.

I'm done ranting. I go off on multiple tangents when I'm angry and start not making sense.

CLEMSON PROUD, CLEMSON LOYAL!

So coaches aren't to blame if their players play poorly?***

Dec 1, 2013, 12:39 AM

Same Bad Channel

Nov 30, 2013, 11:29 PM

That was just pitiful. Never even showed up.

Fire everyone of course...

Nov 30, 2013, 11:32 PM

Fed up with powder puff football.
If our coaches don't realize at this point that the priority needs to be
Recruiting dominant smash mouth players
And hit hit hit in practice all week,they they need to leave!
You have to be a dominant coach like Ford to get done.
We have been playing sissy ball since they hired Bowden
That will NEVER cut it in big boy games.
USC is playing what I call Clemson football.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:35 PM

i'm sorry, Dabo can't tackle, block, blah blah but he should coach and i'm suspect of his ability in big games... but really, y no one talking about venables? you let a crappy coot qb beat you like a drum and control the clock. Clemson D played good in spots but seriously, connorsuck aint that good. 3 years in a row you let the man beat you on one play over and over - a qb draw - come on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 1:31 AM

Sorry, but Connor Shaw is the 2nd best QB you have faced this year. And you have lost to both of them.

Dec 1, 2013, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Same Old Story ]

Say what you want to about USCe, the Gamehens, Slurrier, etc., but I would let Connor Shaw be my quarterback any day.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:36 PM

Nov 30, 2013, 11:36 PM

Our goals were compete for a NC....

Nov 30, 2013, 11:40 PM

not happening, win the ACC, not happening, beat SC....again not happening. It's getting old.

Soft Coaching

Nov 30, 2013, 11:47 PM

I like Dabo as coach, but if he can't change his philosophy and get some hard core players and coach them to play smash mouth hurt somebody Clemson football then he needs to hit the road or may e take over women's volleyball
Players conditioned to be tough don't drop balls
Anyone who doesn't know what I mean wasn't in the stands in the 80s when you could be proud even in a loss cause the other team left Shoshone they hadn't had to play us

Re: Soft Coaching

Dec 1, 2013, 7:38 AM

Outstanding observation!!! Teach manners in charm school.

The head coach takes the blame for this one...

Nov 30, 2013, 11:49 PM

This team killed itself with mental mistakes that well coached teams just don't make.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2013, 11:58 PM

Right on "soft"
Obviously Not tough enough In practice
Sux at recruiting dominant linemen/ backers /db s
You need an alpha coach to get the alpha players.

Bowden? Soft coach, finesse offense. Dabo? Same thing.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:21 AM

We need a kick *** coach with a power game, play action passes, etc. Look at Saban, look at Malzahn. Malzahn has a reputation for being a finesse guy, HUNH offense. Well, Auburn is a tough team with a rushing attack bar none and a tough as nails defense. They are still HUNH, but nothing finesse about them.

Unfortunately Dabo [and probably Morris] will be around for years with their soft philosophy, finesse team. If they are lucky, they will be able to keep Venables who is a tough guy and will mold a tough defense. I know that Morris is a Malzahn disciple that wants to run between the tackles, but until they recruit some tough OL, that's not going to happen.

They will be able to beat all of those soft ACC teams, except FSU, but when they play tough teams, they will get their *** handed to them. And that includes the coots.

New Coach

Dec 1, 2013, 8:12 AM

I wish Danny Ford would coach Clemson again.

Things have changed too much for Danny, Sorry bad idea.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:12 AM

He said so himself.

Hey I have an idea...

Dec 1, 2013, 8:21 AM

Let's sound like typical Clemson fans and rant about firing our coaching staff because we loose a game! Everyone in this thread that contemplates that decision is a FREAKING IDIOT!

Dec 1, 2013, 12:48 PM

trick plays, lack of discipline

Dec 1, 2013, 12:55 PM

Strong teams dont need trick plays. Disciplined teams dont make that many mistakes. Being disciplined means not having to think, rather react with the rules and lessons you are taught. That is why military training is so strict and rigid, to eliminate or reduce human error

Dec 1, 2013, 1:09 PM

I agree its on the coaches. For 2 years now we can't stop a qb on 3rd and 15 from running for a first down. We give them 50 minutes on offense b/c we only run 15 seconds off the clock on each possession and we are losing with overall better players. If you don't realize this is a coaching problem your crazy. TB was at least capable of shutting up Spurrier and making him the joke, not us.

Dec 1, 2013, 2:51 PM

Every Clemson fan needs to know that football generates $46 million each year at Clemson. We are paying for a total package. Are we getting our money's worth? If corporate America operated like this, somebody would lose their job or corrected this problem. Now the CEO at Clemson needs to make sure that the failure of not beating Carolina is corrected. We are paying for a total package but we always have to wait till next year. A $4 million coaching staff and this is what we get?

Dec 2, 2013, 12:29 AM

And it's Saban's fault for his FG kicker missing 4 attempts? At some point, player execution is on the players.

I'm still waiting on some of you to name this savior coach that we are going to hire.

Petrino? He's be here long enough to move on to a better paying job (as is his pattern).

Muschamp might be available. Or Kiffen, Chizik, Pelini, Johnson, Dooley...

George O'Leary or Rich Rodriguez

Dec 2, 2013, 2:50 AM

Woukd be better than this...

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic