Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney talks South Carolina, relationship with Steve Spurrier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney talks South Carolina, relationship with Steve Spurrier

Nov 26, 2013, 12:24 PM

Swinney talks South Carolina, relationship with Steve Spurrier

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney previewed Saturday's game against South Carolina, talks about the reasons Clemson has lost four in a row, and talks about his relationship with South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is SC the difference between a good and great season?

Nov 26, 2013, 12:29 PM

YES.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Is SC the difference between a good and great season?

Nov 26, 2013, 12:34 PM

yes, where do you live the North Pole?

I was answering the question in the story. Thanks though.***

Nov 26, 2013, 12:54 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yes.***

Nov 26, 2013, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Is SC the difference between a good and great season? ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney talks South Carolina, relationship with Steve Spurrier ***

Nov 26, 2013, 12:44 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney talks South Carolina, relationship with Steve Spurrier ******

Nov 26, 2013, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless of Swinney's legacy...he is an inspiration to...

Nov 26, 2013, 1:30 PM

...me personally.

I have so much respect for the man's character, what he has been through in life, and his approach and outlook, that for me personally, I just take great inspiration in my own endeavors and goals.

There isn't a head coach in the country, and that includes Saban, that I would want more than Swinney at Clemson.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Regardless of Swinney's legacy...he is an inspiration to...

Nov 26, 2013, 1:33 PM

I would take Saban in a heartbeat.

Before you replace Dabo with Nick remember this,

Nov 26, 2013, 2:38 PM

CLEMSON AIN'T BAMA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Before you replace Dabo with Nick remember this,

Nov 26, 2013, 8:26 PM

Way to justify low standards buddy.

Bama wasn't Bama decade B4 Saban. Clemson was Bama in '81.***

Nov 27, 2013, 1:05 AM [ in reply to Before you replace Dabo with Nick remember this, ]

If he hangs around a few more years his...

Nov 26, 2013, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Regardless of Swinney's legacy...he is an inspiration to... ]

legacy will be that he's the best coach we've ever had. No disrespect to Coaches Howard and Ford intended. It's hard to compare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want Dabo to stay at Clemson forever

Nov 26, 2013, 2:49 PM

He needs to be our Bobby Bowden

No, he is our Dabo Swinney

Nov 26, 2013, 3:35 PM

and that my friend is the difference.

That is, he does things the right way regardless.

Pell caused the post 81 stuff, but Ford was no saint.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ford and those times were different, but a Dabo lead MNC under the modern times will be the sweetest taste in Clemson FB History!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whoooaa nelli

Nov 26, 2013, 4:15 PM [ in reply to If he hangs around a few more years his... ]

Did you seriously mean that??? Better than Ford?? Dabo is doing a very good job; he's a huge improvement over Bowden but you think he is better than Danny "if he hangs around a few more years"? Man, that is simply dumbfounding to me. Are you in your 20's????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whoooaa nelli

Nov 26, 2013, 8:28 PM

Amen. Exactly what I was thinking.

Re: If he hangs around a few more years his...

Nov 26, 2013, 8:27 PM [ in reply to If he hangs around a few more years his... ]

R U HIGH?

Could not agree more. The second would definitely be Ford.***

Nov 26, 2013, 8:52 PM [ in reply to If he hangs around a few more years his... ]

For the idiot wanting Saban

Nov 26, 2013, 3:14 PM

ANY coach could win at "Bama" with the TALENT they have had!

Get a clue!!!

Dabo hasn't won any National championships.....yet!!

But I would MUCH rather have a coach like Dabo who does well to represent Clemson with honesty, integrity, character, humility and a love for the school he coaches than Saban ANYDAY!!!

And I say that BEFORE he beats SC on Saturday!!

After Saturday, all the "we love Dabo...now" D-bags will come out of hiding!!

GO GET'EM DABO!!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the idiot wanting Saban

Nov 26, 2013, 8:25 PM

Wrong. Bama has always got great talent. Saban is the difference between dominance and middle of the pack in the West, and yet you called 06 tiger grad the idiot? You need to put down the Dabo kool aid. Yes, we have a stand up guy for a coach, but at the end of the day, he's no better than any other sinner in the eyes of the Almighty, and basing your support for any coach on his supposed "moral superiority" rather than what he is paid to do (win games) is what got this program saddled up with Bowden's mediocrity for almost a decade.

We haven't won a road game against a good team in a long time, (LSU doesn't count-neutral site, not a true road game) and we haven't beaten the chickens in 4 years so you may want to temper your "Dabo is better than Danny" or "Dabo is the next Bobby Bowden". It just makes you guys look like biased homers.

Dabo does it right and if you are too blind to see that,

Nov 26, 2013, 8:59 PM

it is your problem, not the poster you're ranting about. Saban' didn't build BAMA, just maintained.the status quo.

Anybody can win at Bama?

Nov 26, 2013, 9:04 PM [ in reply to For the idiot wanting Saban ]

I think you need to go ask Ray Perkins, Bill Curry, Mike Dubose, Mike Shula how they feel about that?

Bama was 53-61 in decade before Saban. He won NC at LSU too.

Nov 27, 2013, 1:00 AM [ in reply to For the idiot wanting Saban ]

You must have missed the Dubose-Francione-Shula decade at Bama before Saban arrived. Those Bama coaches went 53-61, so not anybody can win at Bama.

Saban also won 2 SEC championships and a national championship at LSU, so it's not like he can only win championships at Bama.

Saban demands excellence, recruits well, hires well, and runs a top notch clean, disciplined program, with strong character. Saban is a far better coach than Dabo by any reasonable measure.

"Victory" Hampton?***

Nov 26, 2013, 4:12 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney talks South Carolina, relationship with Steve Spurrier

Nov 26, 2013, 5:01 PM

It is definitely not a great season if we lose to SC. If Dabo thinks it is, this reinforces the view of those who say he just doesn't get the rivalry.

Well said Razz.

Nov 27, 2013, 7:31 AM

Someone obviously didn't watch Bama play football the decade before Saban got there.

And comparing Dabo to Danny? BLASPHEMY!

I really like and appreciate Dabo, But!

Nov 27, 2013, 10:30 AM

To say Saban is only good because of his talented players is ludicrous. EVERY successful coach is only successful because of talented players, Dabo included. Some do more with the talent and that's what makes them great. Saban is the best coach in college football in my opinion. But make no mistake, great players make great coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really like and appreciate Dabo, But!

Nov 29, 2013, 4:40 PM

We do realize that this discussion is null and void right? The only thing Saban and Dabo have in common are they are both successful college football coaches. THAT'S IT!!! And before you write off that "Saban is only good because he has talent at Alabama," consider this:

Before the national championship at LSU, he was a Big Ten coach at Michigan State and an assistant at Kent State. Saban became the coach he is from experience.

Dabo's claim to fame is that he did what Ed Ogeron is doing at the real USC. He is reviving a talented team that was being run into the ground by a coach who was blinded by their own ambition. Dabo revived the 2008 Clemson Tigers. If you recalled, we didn't fair too well in the Chick-Fil-A kick off against, well, Nick Saban's Alabama Crimson Tide.

Now Dabo has a one-up on Saban and any other "legendary" coach out there and it is the reason Clemson is on the right path. He happens to be a graduate of Alabama and a disciple of Gene Stallings. Dabo also has a National Championship ring from the 1992 Championship. He is a heck of a recruiter, a great educator and he knows how much better his team is with his assistants and the services of Morris and Venables. Dabo knows what it takes to get there and is the reason Clemson has become one of the premiere programs.

Finally, I don't necessarily believe great players make great coaches. I believe great teachers make great coaches. Just think back to 2007 Fiesta Bowl. I don't believe Boise St. had better players than Oklahoma (especially since they were packing on of the greatest running backs in College Football named Adrian Peterson.) Sometimes it is important to remember what gets a team to the mountain top. A group of talent only becomes a collection with great coaching!!!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic