Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Meeting with Jeff Davis helps Watson with big decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Meeting with Jeff Davis helps Watson with big decision

Nov 25, 2013, 5:43 PM

Meeting with Jeff Davis helps Watson with big decision

Junior defensive tackle Josh Watson told the Clemson coaches recently that he wouldn't return for his senior season, but he told the media Monday that a meeting with Jeff Davis helped make the decision to come back, a decision that makes Brent Venables happy. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A moving story

Nov 25, 2013, 6:08 PM

This has to be perhaps the best, heartfelt article I've read on Tigernet .
Very moving. Get some rest(mind and body) and come on back for more love and great football Mr. Watson!

Re: A moving story

Nov 25, 2013, 7:09 PM

Um...yea not so much. This article is actually kind of pathetic and basically highlights one of our player's whining and self pity. Millions of people live in much worse situations than this over grown baby, and would kill to have the opportunities he has had. He whines about having to go to prep school; guess what? BOO HOO! If you had applied yourself more in high school that wouldn't have happened! Sounds to me like he just was begging for attention from anyone that would listen, and an excuse for skipping off season workouts. Thank goodness this guy is not a key factor on our D line or we would be screwed by this type of selfishness. Please, by all means, leave early, and take the lazy Legget brat with you. Characters like them poison a locker room. Now, with all that said; BEAT THE #### CHICKENS!!!!!

incoming...

Nov 25, 2013, 7:13 PM

think before you speak loon...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: incoming...

Nov 25, 2013, 7:30 PM

So you're saying that Mr. Watson has it so hard compared to, say, soldiers trapped in a 3rd word ########? Or people starving to death in a prison camp? What was so loony about what I said punk? Just sick of all these whiny ###, pampered athletes going around thinking that they have it so hard when in reality, they are living a dream. Maybe Watson should try walking a mile in the boots that D Rod wore in the mountains of Afghanistan before he goes whining to the coaches and Mommy. "WAAAAH!! NOBODY LOVES ME, I'M HOMESICK AND TIRED!!!" "WAAAAAH!!" Give me a break! Tigernet should never post crap like this because it shines a spotlight on an embarrassment to the program.

I'm a Marine Corps combat veteran of Desert Storm, Somalia,

Nov 25, 2013, 8:06 PM

Iraq twice, and Afghanistan....ALL in the infantry. Nobody is saying he has it as hard as a grunt hunting the enemy or being hunted. This isn't about that at all. This is about a young man who is at a phase in his life where he needed guidance and Jeff gave it to him. If we were going into the football is war crap I would have been the first one to go in blast mode about that because that's a sensitive subject to me. This is simply about a man stepping into a young man's life and mentoring....something that's in short supply. Watson isn't a grunt on a battlefield. He's a college football player who only knows his experiences. I applaud Jeff and him. If they were using combat metaphors here I would have flipped out. Nobody was doing that until you brought it up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2013, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: incoming... ]

So go out and play, tough guy. You'd last maybe one play. Nasty!! Who need you as a fan?

Nov 26, 2013, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: incoming... ]

Give me a break! Tigernet should never post crap like YOUR POST!!!!

Nov 25, 2013, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: A moving story ]

Are you serious? If so, Watson's jersey number is probably twice your IQ.

Nov 25, 2013, 7:44 PM

And yet another poster who has nothing intelligent to say to dispute what I said. Just more brainless insults.

Nov 25, 2013, 10:34 PM

OMG, The irony of you using the term "brainless."

Nov 26, 2013, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: A moving story ]

<<
And yet another poster who has nothing intelligent to say to dispute what I said. Just more brainless insults.
>>

Sounds like a pot trying to find a kettle. I do not think you are brainless... what brain there is in there is just twisted and distorted....

Way to support your team.

Nov 25, 2013, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: A moving story ]

Go play in traffic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: suggest you move to a different site

Nov 25, 2013, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: A moving story ]

You might be more well received on the fighting chicken forum. Maybe not, as they may have some standards. If you can't understand that a kid who has busted his tail for several years might need some encouragement and be proud of our staff for providing it, you don't belong here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Nov 25, 2013, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: A moving story ]

An awful post. I'm really glad I can say that I totally disagree with you. Been hanging out with Sprurrier, have you?

what a classy post...^^^

Nov 26, 2013, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: A moving story ]

again, either a coot or tiger with low self esteem...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2013, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: A moving story ]

Whining my a$$ when has Josh missed a game or took a play off because of a lack of conditioning or pain.... I wondered why I had not seem him play as much this year than last year? Now I find out he has an injury that will require surgery after the season.....
I am glad Josh is coming back but not for Clemson... I want to see him on the field with the injury behind him and at full speed... I want the NFL scouts to see it too. I think a healthy Josh Watson will have a good shot at playing in the NFL.... He received some good advice....

I'm betting mom had more influence that coaches, but it's

Nov 25, 2013, 6:11 PM

still nice to hear how coaches handle the players. Good to have such experience coming back....or I assume he's definitely coming back. What does it mean that he is still turning in paperwork to the NFL?

Found this on a coot site of all places, but it's good info

Nov 25, 2013, 6:22 PM

"The NFL Draft advisory board is comprised of NFL general managers, personnel directors, and scouting combine directors. The panel lets the prospect know if they are likely to be taken in the first round, the second round, the third round or later, or not at all.

A player's decision to submit his name for evaluation by the board does not necessarily indicate an intention to declare for the draft. It could simply be an attempt to evaluate what he will need to do during his final year of collegiate eligibility in order to maximize his draft stock."

Great. Thanks!***

Nov 25, 2013, 7:29 PM

I'm sooo glad to hear he's coming back! When I heard he was

Nov 26, 2013, 6:27 AM [ in reply to I'm betting mom had more influence that coaches, but it's ]

leaving early, it reminded me of one of my favorite players at the time----Derrick Hamilton who I felt should have stayed one more year.

Re: I'm betting mom had more influence that coaches, but it's

Nov 26, 2013, 10:28 AM [ in reply to I'm betting mom had more influence that coaches, but it's ]

Almost all juniors turn in their paper work to the NFL and are evaluated for the NFL, the NFL will return a projected draft position and suggestions and things they need to work on to improve their draft status. It basically becomes a critique of their game.
Andre Ellington was told that he need to work on his receiving skills as an example and that advice is paying off this year.

Re: Front Page Story: Meeting with Jeff Davis helps Watson with big decision

Nov 25, 2013, 7:31 PM

Awfully glad he is staying..............a Man's Man. Also glad he shared some of the Not-So-Glamorous side of Big time College Football. Wish him the best with his recovery and future.

Nov 25, 2013, 7:46 PM

A man's man wouldn't whine like that about adversities that millions would love to have instead of their own. I can't believe how so many of you guys are lapping this sob story up and praising it!

Nov 26, 2013, 10:31 AM

I cannot believe how you keep posting your crap thoughts either..... even a fool may be thought wise if he remains silent... but you have missed that opportunity!

Really?

Nov 25, 2013, 7:54 PM

Obviously you've never played college football. Yes your right comparing the source to military isn't quiet up to par, but this isn't Iraq! These guys didn't sign up for that and quiet frankly no occupation can compair to that. The guy misses his family and was expressing his feelings. No fault in that. He's coming back and wish him the best. Go tigers!

For those of you who never saw THE JUDGE play

Nov 25, 2013, 8:00 PM

he's simply the best pure football player I ever saw with a Paw on his helmet in my 36 years of Tiger fandom. An absolute missile of intensity on defense and a man who looked like his #45 was in about three places at once on the field but ended up on the football punishing folks. The fact that he's at Clemson doing things like this and having Watson saying the things about his mentorship speaks volumes about him as a man and as someone who loves his alma mater. He played like a madman and is mentoring like one. What a class act. If you never saw him play you missed out. Tiger D was defined by him and his cohorts back in those days. They set the standard and now he's setting one by giving back. Made my day reading this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, JD was one of the best TIGER players ever.***

Nov 25, 2013, 9:51 PM

I hope he heals, refreshes, & has his most fun season ever.***

Nov 25, 2013, 10:49 PM

Re: I hope he heals, refreshes, & has his most fun season ever.***

Nov 25, 2013, 10:52 PM

Me too, Razz. I like his leadership, and when he has spoken he has impressed me with his thoughtful and mature responses. I hope he heals up and sets the world on fire for us next year. If he does his stock certainly will rise.

Nov 27, 2013, 9:00 PM

IMPO, Josh Watson is one of the best speaking players during interviews as any player on our team. Through his speaking abilities, you can tell he has a good educational back ground. I've never heard any of that bad boy street slang coming from him. He is a young adult that I wouldn't have a problem with him mentoring the young guys coming in, or the ones that has been there. By him staying, it will be an A+ for younger players that are more athletic than Watson, but gaining his knowledge through his help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad he'll be back. It'll benefit him a few ways.

Nov 27, 2013, 9:07 PM

1)If he's planning on having surgery, he'll have all of the off season to recover with sacrificing any of his combines and what not.

2)If his injury has been holding him back, he can play with no hesitation if all goes well with the surgery and recovery.

Great to hear Watson is returning for his last year.***

Nov 27, 2013, 11:42 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic