Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Bryant to Boyd: "You won't overthrow me"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Bryant to Boyd: "You won't overthrow me"

Nov 15, 2013, 11:08 AM

Bryant to Boyd: "You won't overthrow me"

Junior wide receiver Martavis Bryant told Tajh Boyd Thursday night to keep throwing his way, and he delivered in a big way, catching five passes for 176 yards and one huge touchdown that changed Georgia Tech's defensive scheme. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a great game.***

Nov 15, 2013, 11:37 AM

hard work paying off

Nov 15, 2013, 12:04 PM

It's really nice to see Bryant catching the ball with his hands the last few games.

I think part of his earlier struggles were due to laying the ball get into his body.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Bryant to Boyd: "You won't overthrow me"

Nov 15, 2013, 12:07 PM

What's baffling to me is that it's not like Bryant had a route-running coming out party or anything. He ran that 9 route like he always has.

Did the coaches finally put their pride to the wayside and make it a point to get him the ball, despite some of the stuff we've heard about his focus?

Whatever the reason - I like it. If your athletes aren't getting arrested of violating NCAA rules, let the guys play and use their talents. I can't be the only one who can't stand the posturing, "setting examples", and "putting people in the doghouse" when you're trying to win at this point in the season.

I mean - being a team guy and sportsmanlike is important. But when you need to stretch the field and attack a defense, does it really matter that Bryant didn't block well that week in practice when he can beat pretty much anyone in 1 on 1 coverage?

I hope that at least for the Coot game, we can get past such frivolities.

X Factor for Tajh!

Nov 15, 2013, 12:39 PM

Bryant was awesome! Glad to see Tajh trusting him, it makes a huge difference spreading the ball around. Still waiting to see who will lead this defense on the field.

If our Oline blocks like they did last night

Nov 15, 2013, 1:14 PM

I expect to beat the Coots. Our defense is obviously a strength now and are playing very well. Our WR depth will be too much for Victor Hampton to cover everyone...and they dont really have anybody back there that is on the level of what they have lost. Keep Clowney and Quarles occupied and we should win ...and win easily.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Great to see him become the WR we expected. Hope he stays.***

Nov 15, 2013, 3:20 PM

Clemson 93, D1 Schools in Georgia 66..come one over GA recruits******

Nov 15, 2013, 4:10 PM

Bryant did not get more talented yesterday. Get him the rock

Nov 15, 2013, 4:36 PM

He was not on the field much during FSU - he's one of our top three options and he was missed. When he learns system in NFL, look out. There will be a lot of Tiger fans saying: "we should have used that guy more."

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant did not get more talented yesterday. Get him the rock

Nov 15, 2013, 4:45 PM

he will be back next year.. Him, Peake, and Williams, with Hopper, Scott, Kitt, going to be going hame.. and DO NOT FORGET HUMPS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6'5", 6'3", 6'3"

Nov 15, 2013, 6:25 PM

And good luck defending Mike Williams next year. He's a star waiting to be born.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant just needs to get out of his own way.

Nov 15, 2013, 4:43 PM

Tay did his thing last night because he is beginning to catch the ball with his hands. Yall think the coaching staff don't know his potential??? Hell, they recruited him!

Bryant should stay for his senior year

Nov 15, 2013, 5:27 PM

He's getting more confidence in himself but needs another year of D-1 experience and solidify himself as a Andre Hopkins type of player. He'd be a late pick if picked at all in the upcoming draft. Another year of maturation and he'll be using $100 bills to blow his nose.

Ted Roof, defensive genius.

Nov 15, 2013, 5:49 PM

Yeah, right. We blew them up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic