Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Georgia Tech Concerns
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,620

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Georgia Tech Concerns

Nov 12, 2013, 9:41 AM

Georgia Tech Concerns

Georgia  Tech Concerns
Last year I was concerned about this seasons Georgia Tech game because Clemson has not played well in recent trips to Bobby Dodd Stadium.  Then in January we found out Tech was coming to Clemson for the second consecutive year and I became less concerned.

In Septem

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've beaten Syracuse, Virginia, and Pitt. Why

Nov 12, 2013, 9:53 AM

is that supposed to concern me again? All a sudden GT is supposed to have this vastly improved defense b/c they've given up 35 points in the last 3 games against those teams.

I posted this the other day but those teams are ranked 89th, 109th, and 81st, respectively, in scoring offense. The 25 pts UVA scored on GT was actually one of their best offense days this entire season.

Before those 3 wins GT gave up 38pts and 433yds to BYU and 45pts and 551yds to Miami. They did that despite having the ball for 36 minutes in each of those games. They gave up a staggering 10.4 yards per play to Miami.

So has their defense really improved or has the competition just been bad offensively?

Our defense is vastly improved this season, our D-line is actually disruptive, GT's offense is less explosive than a season ago, and the game is in Clemson. I can't claim that I'm not worried at all, but compared to past seasons against GT you have to like our chances.

Re: They've beaten Syracuse, Virginia, and Pitt. Why

Nov 12, 2013, 9:56 AM

yeah if we show up and bring it no problem. Now if we play like against FSU we will struggle and it will be nip and tuck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They've beaten Syracuse, Virginia, and Pitt. Why

Nov 14, 2013, 11:32 PM [ in reply to They've beaten Syracuse, Virginia, and Pitt. Why ]

I think we will score close to 60 on GT;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gonna need the DL to really step it up this game

Nov 12, 2013, 10:02 AM

The DL were playing like madmen early in the year, but since the FSU debacle, the DL has been noticeably quiet. I want to see big Grady Jarret blowing things up in the middle and taking out the FB on every play. Gonna need Crawford and Beasley hitting the QB on every play. Make them pay for running the option. Hit them often and hard.

Two keys to the game in my view

Nov 12, 2013, 10:30 AM

#1 - stop the dive/midline

#2 - hit the QB (hard) EVERY SINGLE PLAY

We've done OK with #1 in the past but we fail miserably on #2 when GT has success. I don't get it, simple to execute and it impacts the QB's decision making/timing. Remember, cut blocks are designed for quick hit runs. If we make the QB think for a fraction of a second longer, he makes mistakes and/or the other players can side step the cut blocks. If we don't execute #2, it could be a long night.

And I hate the Bees!!!! Would love to curb-stomp them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two keys to the game in my view- yep #2

Nov 12, 2013, 10:32 AM

if he is carrying out a run fake hit him and take him to the ground. he loses protection by rule as a passer and you can knock him down. plus you should. it hampers him as the game goes on and makes him more aware of your presence c

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're underestimating our defense.***

Nov 12, 2013, 10:34 AM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,620
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic