Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Bittersweet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,501

Front Page Story: Bittersweet

Nov 8, 2013, 11:34 AM

Bittersweet

It is beginning to hit home with Clemson’s senior signal caller that he has only three regular season games left in his collegiate career. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we really need that one road win

Nov 8, 2013, 11:38 AM

for a great year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do we want to play this up and get the kid distracted ?

Nov 8, 2013, 11:38 AM

Seems like he has a hard enough time without us creating additional worries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he's trying to be less worried, and just have

Nov 8, 2013, 11:43 AM

fun these last few games because 'real life' happens afterward...at least, that's what I got out of it...

I think he realizes this is the way to make more history

Nov 8, 2013, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Why do we want to play this up and get the kid distracted ? ]

as he leaves to enter the 'real world.' He knows beating SCar on his way out would cement his image with fans for a long time to come. And he probably realizes it will only help his chances come the draft. Beating 3 ranked (at the time) SEC teams back to back counts.

He's probably not paying that much attention to fan pressure, but to himself. And his team, of course.

Uh-oh, he's already feeling pressure to beat the coots.

Nov 8, 2013, 11:39 AM

He can not play under those conditions. Just relax and do what you do Tajh!

Re: Uh-oh, he's already feeling pressure to beat the coots.

Nov 8, 2013, 11:40 AM

No pressure against LSU?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the pre-game pressure was on LSU.

Nov 8, 2013, 11:41 AM

We were the ones playing with nothing to lose.

I guess spoting LSU 7 points and losing a superstar reciever

Nov 8, 2013, 1:37 PM

in the first few minutes didn't put any pressure on Boyd

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Front Page Story: Bittersweet

Glad to see he has his priorities straight when it comes to who we really need to beat. Go out a winner and beat South Carolina.

We appreciate all you've done Tajh! Continue representing CU

And best of luck to you in the NFL...that is, after you take care of some unfinished business here lol.

Cause it's a bittersweet symphony.....

Nov 8, 2013, 12:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74

>< It's fun reading this while listening to that song.

Go Tigers...and regardless, we're proud of you, Tajh. Beat the coots!

Nov 8, 2013, 12:34 PM

We will have nothing to lose against the COOTS, everyone will be picking them so Tajh just relax and play your game...Chad run at and over the CLOWN, show him who's afraid of who!!!!

Tajh anticipates the nooner for the Citadel game......

Nov 8, 2013, 1:13 PM

hopefully the ACC will oblige so this can happen. Perhaps even a little JP/Raycom TV for this game would be fun for those who can't make it. This could be an untelevised/ESPN3 sort of game, although assuming we beat the Jackets and are still in the top 10, it might be difficult for the various networks to pass on us.

Other ACC games that day:

Virginia at Miami
BC at Maryland
Duke at Wake Forest
Pitt at Syracuse
Idaho at FSU
Alabama A&M at GT
Old Dominion at UNC
East Carolina at N.C. State

- The slate of games is obviously not very strong that week, which probably means that ESPN/ABC will pass on most of the games above and leave the lesser networks (Raycom, RSN, ESPNU, etc.) to pick from the rest.

- If we get ESPN3, Clemson gets to set the time. Bring on the noon game....or maybe the 1:00 time slot if able.

Bittersweet that he's been physically but not mentally good.

Nov 8, 2013, 2:44 PM

Tajh is a good QB who does a lot of things well, like accurately throwing (usually) and running. But for a 5th year senior, he seems to lack the ability to process info quickly and make the appropriate adjustment either before the play or during the play. He's also been inconsistent-- which seems to be purely mental. I think the NFL will ding him for that.

As a 5th year senior... Why does he lock into and stare down one receiver, fail to go through his progressions, and/or throw into double-triple coverage (like he even did against lowly UVA)? Why does Tajh rarely look-off a safety or do anything but a scripted pump-fake? Why does Tajh often fail to change protections or check out of blatantly obvious blitzes (which was key to the FSU loss)? Why are most of our "read options" predetermined and not really read options? Why does Tajh so rarely step up into the pocket rather than walking into a sack or scrambling to the sidelines? Why did Chad say a few weeks ago that he needs to dummy down the offense when he has a 5th year QB at the helm? I’ll bet that on the white board or in the film room Tajh could tell you exactly how the QB should react tactically, but on the field he just doesn’t seem to have the kind of quick mental processing power that one might expect from a top tier 5th year senior QB.

During the FSU game, Boyd played like the redshirt freshman and Winston played like the 5th year senior. Both are skilled physically, but Winston outperformed Boyd mentally-- even aside from the benefit that Winston gets from his supporting cast.

Yeah, I know... Boyd is good and has set a bunch of records, but he as also benefitted greatly from having a better supporting cast and a better OC than any Clemson QB in recent history.

It’s hard to tell in limited action on mop up duty, but it seems like Stoudt is better at going through progressions and passing, and Kelly may be better at running the read option. I’m not sure that we take a big hit at QB next year if Morris is still here and tailors the offense to suit his QBs’ skills.

58% pulse for a reason.***

Nov 8, 2013, 6:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pumper-oriented site & many pumpers intolerant of critique.***

Nov 8, 2013, 7:27 PM

Agree with most of what you're saying

Nov 8, 2013, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Bittersweet that he's been physically but not mentally good. ]

until you get to the Cole Stoudt statement. I saw him play against UVA and was underwhelmed. Only time will tell whether he has "IT" or not, but he is not a better QB that Tajh right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check my caveats & the limited scope of my praise for Stoudt***

Nov 8, 2013, 7:14 PM

Nov 8, 2013, 8:26 PM

It is bittersweet for us too Tajh! We are going to miss ya! You have been a model Clemson Man. A true leader and someone for the kids to look up to. Now go show those coots how we do in Tiger Town!

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,501
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic