Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Night Home Games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Night Home Games

Nov 6, 2013, 9:59 AM

Thursday Night Home Games

Thursday Night Home Games
The late Larry Munson was a visionary when it came to television's effect on scheduling.  The voice of the Georgia Bulldogs once said, "If TV told us to play at three in the morning then we would do it."

Munson said this before schools starting receiving $15 to

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mickey is right on here!***

Nov 6, 2013, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Night Home Games

Nov 6, 2013, 10:22 AM

fans may care but Clemson doesnt. They already have the fans season ticket money. it would be nice if they cared or even acted like they do. alas they dont.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has resisted Thursday night home games for years

Nov 6, 2013, 10:31 AM

Because of the disruption to students and fans. Finally had to give in to the conference and tv contacts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

For over 15 years, I worked in Sirrine Hall and I can ...

Nov 7, 2013, 10:45 AM

... state without a doubt that Thursday night games create tremendous logistical problems for administration, staff, students, faculty, and security.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Thursday Night Home Games

Nov 6, 2013, 11:10 AM

All that you have said are very true. My husband and I live in Columbia. We've had season tickets since we graduated. We have missed only 1 game in the last 4 years and that was due to the birth of our daughter. We both are having to take time off from work. Luckily we have friends who live in Clemson so we don't have to worry about hotels. My son, who has been going to games since he was a month old, will miss this game because I don't want him to miss school. We'll be there, but I definitely prefer Saturday games.

Let the kids miss school

Nov 7, 2013, 9:51 AM

They will think you are a really cool mom!

can't have it both ways? Only 7 to 8 times a year.

Nov 6, 2013, 1:19 PM

Mickey,
it is a game. Thursday night games are typically 1x per year. If you want to come to the game, make it happen.

You cry foul for the folks who whine about noon games, 3:30 games, night games, etc. etc.

Do not join that chorus of "I want it my way."
Get on board... all the way. Both feet in, facing forward.

No quakcing like a duck about when the game is played.

For those who cannot attend, so be it. Sell your tickets to a Clemson fan and watch on TV.

Just no bit@^ing.

Kids can definitely miss school. Not learning much anyway.***

Nov 6, 2013, 6:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thursday games are for

Nov 6, 2013, 7:03 PM

Boise State, BYU, Fresno States etc. I absolutely hate them.

I LOVE Thursday night games, except...

Nov 7, 2013, 1:47 AM

when it is us playing them. Especially when it is a Thursday night HOME game for us. Since we have played two Thursday night games this year, it should give us about three years off from Thursday night games...I hope.

That sums it up for many of us. 3.5 hours away w/ kids

Nov 7, 2013, 10:04 AM

that are in school. You gotta take 1.5 days off work and get the kids out of school for 1.5 days.

With that said....WE'LL BE THERE!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the last time Tech had 50k fans show up was when

Nov 7, 2013, 10:48 AM

they were playing either Georgia or us.....they don't have 50k fans show up ever except for those games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might've been different b-4 FSU beatdown

Nov 7, 2013, 12:09 PM

I'm annoyed beyond belief that we have this Thursday night game. That said, we'll still be there. It's gonna cost 2 days of work X two people (Atlanta), but we just can't justify missing it. We made the decision to go before the FSU beatdown, but even after that, we want to show our unconditional support for this team. I expect the attendance to be way off. If we had beaten FSU, I think people would've griped, but I bet they would've come. I'm afraid the stands will be very sparsely populated and that is just not a good message to send to the television viewers. Oh well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic