Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables thinks Watford, Cavaliers will be a challenge through the air
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables thinks Watford, Cavaliers will be a challenge through the air

Oct 29, 2013, 4:43 PM

Venables thinks Watford, Cavaliers will be a challenge through the air

The Virginia Cavalier offense has been steadily getting better under quarterback David Watford, who threw for a career-high 376 yards and two touchdowns last week against Georgia Tech. Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables talks about the challenge of playing Virginia this weekend. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's some strong stats. Wish we had a QB

Oct 29, 2013, 5:22 PM

Like that. 43 attempts and 61 completions..... Can't beat that with a double handful of sticks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: That's some strong stats. Wish we had a QB

Oct 29, 2013, 9:51 PM

Yeah and if frogs had wings and we had an OL and really good DB's, then things would be different. But we don't. We may well lose to UVA,

That's nearly 1 1/2 completions per attempt. Heisman-like numbers.***

Oct 29, 2013, 6:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our DBs and DLine

Oct 29, 2013, 7:13 PM

Should control that offense. there's absolutely no reason this game is still a game at halftime. We should reassert our dominant play from whistle to whistle and destroy a team like UVA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Our DBs and DLine

Oct 29, 2013, 9:53 PM

What OL and DB's are you talking about? Surely not ours.

Couple of things stand out that bode well for us

Oct 29, 2013, 7:50 PM

1. Tech turned the ball over 5 times and still won.
2. UVA has had 11 different rushers and 18 pass receivers. Think they have the same depth we do? Not a chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Couple of things stand out that bode well for us

Oct 29, 2013, 9:56 PM

I agree, in terms of body fat. Talent? That may be another question. We'll see.

If he thinks UVA will be a challenge through the air

Oct 29, 2013, 7:52 PM

Then hate to think what SC is going to do since they've shown the ability to hit deep passes all year.

Re: If he thinks UVA will be a challenge through the air

Oct 29, 2013, 8:23 PM

Absolutely right, but you can chalk this up to same old same old. This is just Venables covering his ###. If we play like crap and give up big numbers to the WORST TEAM IN THE ACC then he can come back and say, "See, I told you so." On the other hand, if we shut down THE WORST TEAM IN THE ACC, he will take a page out of head coach/cheerleader Dabo's playbook and shower our guys with too much praise for doing a job that really isn't that impressive to begin with. It's obvious that Dabo and his staff love the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset. Too bad that's just going to get our ##### handed to us AGAIN by a much more physical Sakerlina team at the end of November.

The most important game of the year is

Oct 29, 2013, 8:44 PM

this Saturday at 3:30PM agains UVA. What is this you speak of "Sakalina?" They aren't even on our schedule, as far as I can discern. Your post is trash. Beat the Cav's is all I've got on my list, and should be on your's too! And it ain't just "coach's speak,", it's for real. WEE TOOO DEEEEP!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Re: The most important game of the year is

Oct 29, 2013, 10:00 PM

Too deep is coach BS.

Re: If he thinks UVA will be a challenge through the air

Oct 29, 2013, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: If he thinks UVA will be a challenge through the air ]

Yep! You got it. Let's buy cheerleader skirts for both of them. Carolina will eat us alive.

Re: Front Page Story: Venables thinks Watford, Cavaliers will be a challenge through the air

Oct 29, 2013, 9:17 PM

If we struggle on defense against a 2-6 bad UVa team,shame on the Clemson coaches and players. I'm sick of their excuses for poor play.

Re: Front Page Story: Venables thinks Watford, Cavaliers will be a challenge through the air

Oct 29, 2013, 10:02 PM

Doesn't it tell you something that we have to be having
a serious discussion about a terrible team like UVA?

Oct 29, 2013, 9:55 PM

We better put a beat down on lowly Virginia.

Oct 29, 2013, 10:04 PM

Like we did on lowly Maryland, surely one of the worst teams in tahe nation?

Oct 30, 2013, 12:00 PM

when are we going to send some corner back blitz and stop just letting teams just pass like crazy on us.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic