Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd injury update, and what it meant for red zone offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd injury update, and what it meant for red zone offense

Oct 26, 2013, 8:31 PM

Tajh Boyd injury update, and what it meant for red zone offense

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats what grinds my gears..

Oct 26, 2013, 8:34 PM

if they didnt want to run him because they didnt want him to get hurt.they should have put someone else in that could run the offense full throttle

Get these things through your head:

Oct 26, 2013, 8:39 PM

Stoudt can not run the ball like Tajh.

Tajh running is an integral part of the offense.

Therefore, barring serious injury you leave Tajh in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty clear that the offense is going to have to

Oct 26, 2013, 8:48 PM

change next year to accommodate what Cole does well.

Maybe Kelly overtakes Cole and provides that strong run threat, but if Cole is the starter, the OL and the RBs are going to have to be more effective in 2014.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is clear, but today the best option was to stick with

Oct 26, 2013, 8:49 PM

Tajh and ultimately that proved true.

Coaches were hoping we could beat Maryland w/out

Oct 27, 2013, 7:31 PM

risking injury to Tajh.

They were wrong.

With the current supporting cast, our offense is fairly helpless when Tajh doesn't pose a running threat.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get these things through your head:

Oct 26, 2013, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Get these things through your head: ]

May I add that you assume that Clemson is a pass only team. This was a test for the backfield. Chad Morris knows that there is an issue when your leading rusher is also the guy that is the play caller. And I saw McDowell step up today and scored his first two touchdowns of the season.

I am glad that Tajh isn't injured. But I have said that at the beginning of the year, Chad Morris has got to begin to trust the services of McDowell, Brooks, Howard, and Davidson to take the pressure off of Tajh Boyd!

No you may not add that I assume Clemson is pass only.

Oct 26, 2013, 9:05 PM

I didn't say, or infer that.

I said Tajh running is an integral part of the offense. When he is running effectively it opens up the zone read which is terribly difficult to defend. Add to that straight running plays, play action passes, screen passes, and down the field passes.

When Tajh is running effectively it gives our offense a tremendous advantage against the defense.

Not to mention until we have a big, strong, power back to pick up 2-3 yards on a third down we need a good running QB like Tajh has been.

And fyi, I'm the person who likes a completely balanced offense, 50/50 run/pass.

Re: thats what grinds my gears..

Oct 26, 2013, 10:31 PM [ in reply to thats what grinds my gears.. ]

Who genius!

Re: Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd injury update, and what it meant for red zone offense

Oct 26, 2013, 8:51 PM

I don't by that excuse. Why not just stop the fancy stuff and have him drop back and pass in the pocket like a normal qb and throw the down the field. That's a lame excuse in my opinion to say our problem in the redzone is because we couldn't run our QB! F That.....its not that hard to just throw the ball, guys were in 1 on 1 coverage all day and just refused to throw it. We ran the ball well on the quick pitch and quick handoffs, but the delays and read options were killers.

Our O line keeps pocket option a rare choice.***

Oct 26, 2013, 8:56 PM

You wouldn't need Boyd's legs as much if our line

Oct 26, 2013, 8:58 PM

gave our backs even a tiny hole from time to time. I'm amazed McDowell got the yards he did given how much of a wall was left in the middle of the line almost every time.

Re: You wouldn't need Boyd's legs as much if our line

Oct 26, 2013, 9:00 PM

Not having a single RB over 200 lbs doesn't help either. Its going to be nice having Dye back their, somebody that can move the pile.

He and Gallman will greatly help that area

Oct 26, 2013, 9:07 PM

Then we have Brooks who already has the mentality of a big back, but not quite the body type

Clemson

Brooks is not bad at getting the extra two or three. But

Oct 26, 2013, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: You wouldn't need Boyd's legs as much if our line ]

only the most powerful backs can squeeze yards out of the pile our line lets build up in the middle. They can't seem to even clear out enough space to let the breeze through....

Re: Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd injury update, and what it meant for red zone offense

Oct 26, 2013, 9:05 PM

A healthy Stoudt is a better option than an injured Boyd imo.

Biggest problem with our offense is..

Oct 26, 2013, 9:06 PM

the O-line, that's right...the O-line.

they are getting no push at all...and pleaseeeee.
Quit bragging on Shatley; they all need work...all
5 (and backups).....thank you and good night from
the couch.
hahaha

Chad Morris also has to be more diverse in his play calling.

Oct 27, 2013, 10:23 AM

Is it just me, or does it seem every play is a run directly up the middle or a pass to the flats? I mean we started the game with a toss sweep that went for 10 yards and after that, I may have seen an outside run one other time. That game plan can't be hard to scheme around. I mean, our offense used to be unpredictable with all of the counters and misdirections, but the simplified version just makes us look terrible. There is no way around it, our o line is awful, and that's putting it politely.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2013, 2:36 PM

I got the feeling that if we land D. Watson...Kelly may transfer if Watson shows something special and beats him out during fall camp.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic